Joe Lunardi Bracketology as of 3/8/17

  1. #1
    Mike Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    681

    Joe Lunardi Bracketology as of 3/8/17

    Here it goes: Bracketology - NCAA College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPN

    No surprise to see Duke is by far the easiest bracket and NKU playing UofL. I don't really like Kentucky's chances against UNC a second time.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Bluto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 10
    Location
    You were NOT hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land-mass!!
    Posts
    14,318

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Baxter View Post
    Here it goes: Bracketology - NCAA College Basketball Brackets and Predictions - ESPN

    No surprise to see Duke is by far the easiest bracket and NKU playing UofL. I don't really like Kentucky's chances against UNC a second time.
    This is the first post of yours that I've seen.

    LOVE your screen name and avatar!!

  3. #3
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,718

    Going to get a lot of, "Of course Duke got that draw" if that's how it plays out.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    5,422

    If this Bracket were to hold up, Mick Cronin would be spot on with his comments. Show me the money Jerry.

  5. #5
    Mike Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    681

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    This is the first post of yours that I've seen.

    LOVE your screen name and avatar!!
    Thank you sir!

  6. #6
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    NKU and Louisville in Indy would be cool.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,347

    If that bracket stays pretty close to the actual bracket, is it any surprise the cake walk Duke once again has?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,347

    I see West Virginia and UNC being the best and most intriguing matchup in the entire South Bracket.

  9. #9
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    38,917

    One of the top teams (or two) will be dancing when they get sent West. Duke is it in this scenario because of the flawed seeding process. The committee's rationale for punishment is to send the worse team furthest from home. It ignores the fact you have the worst teams out West.

  10. #10
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    20,064

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    It ignores the fact you have the worst teams out West.
    It is inherently flawed because the number of teams in the west is smaller than the numbers throughout the rest of the country. With the seeding rule that the top three teams in a conference can't be in the same region, at best you'll have one Pac-12 team in the west and, with Gonzaga's emergence, one West Coast team. The other two teams will obviously be "weaker" teams from a conference in the east, but weaker is a relative term because there are so many eastern teams in so many eastern conferences. Bottom line, Duke being fourth or fifth in the ACC might play to their advantage this season.

  11. #11
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,769

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    One of the top teams (or two) will be dancing when they get sent West. Duke is it in this scenario because of the flawed seeding process. The committee's rationale for punishment is to send the worse team furthest from home. It ignores the fact you have the worst teams out West.
    They should let teams pick the region they're in as they go. At least the top 3-4 seeds in each region.

    Either that, or snake it so that the top #1 seed is paired with the worst #2, the best #3, and the worst #4 seed.

  12. #12
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    51,197

    This would be such a terrible draw for Kentucky, but it always is.

    Tom Izzo in round 2, Arizona or Jim Boeheim in Sweet 16, North Carolina in Elite 8.

  13. #13
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    38,917

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    It is inherently flawed because the number of teams in the west is smaller than the numbers throughout the rest of the country. With the seeding rule that the top three teams in a conference can't be in the same region, at best you'll have one Pac-12 team in the west and, with Gonzaga's emergence, one West Coast team. The other two teams will obviously be "weaker" teams from a conference in the east, but weaker is a relative term because there are so many eastern teams in so many eastern conferences. Bottom line, Duke being fourth or fifth in the ACC might play to their advantage this season.
    It is an annual problem. It is why you see Wichita State advance to the Final Four or other higher seeded teams.

  14. #14
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    43,335

    They should seed them 1-68 then plug them in, if two teams from the same conference meet in the second round, so be it. They can still use pods to play better seeds somewhat near home. On the second week end does it really matter where they play East, South, Mid or West?

  15. #15
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,769

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    They should let teams pick the region they're in as they go. At least the top 3-4 seeds in each region.

    Either that, or snake it so that the top #1 seed is paired with the worst #2, the best #3, and the worst #4 seed.
    If they did the snake format, and based on my top 16 rankings which are:

    1.Kansas
    2. Nova
    3. UNC
    4. Oregon
    5. Gonzaga
    6. Kentucky
    7. UCLA
    8. Louisville
    9. Duke
    10. Baylor
    11. Arizona
    12. West Virginia
    13. Florida State
    14. Butler
    15. Florida
    16. Purdue

    We'd end up with:

    1. Kansas
    8. Louisville
    9. Duke
    16. Purdue

    2. Villanova
    7. UCLA
    10. Baylor
    15. Florida

    3. UNC
    6. Kentucky
    11. Arizona
    14. Butler

    4. Oregon
    5. Gonzaga
    12. West Virginia
    13. Florida State

Top