Isaac Humphries is Turning Pro, Signing with Agent

Page 2 of LEXINGTON, Ky. ... 38 comments | 2574 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,766

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttlesworth View Post
    I don't think leadership really matters in Calipari's system regardless. Just because you're a freshman doesn't mean you can't be a leader. Just because your a Junior/Senior doesn't make you a leader.
    Disagree. Without experienced leaders. Many of these freshman don't know the level they need to work at in practice to get better. They don't know how to push each other to the level they need to get to in practice to get better, because none of them have ever played a game. Talent and experience is much better leadership, because of the work those players already know that needs to happen to be successful.

    Yes a freshman can be a vocal leader. However even a freshman doesn't know the work it takes to be successful outside of games. That is the leadership they will miss.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,674

    The unquestioned leader of the 2012 team was MKG...A freshmen.

  3. #18
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,059

    2018. Gabriel

    I don't have a good feeling about it, but hopefully they will be surprising.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    18,766

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    The unquestioned leader of the 2012 team was MKG...A freshmen.
    With 3 players who been to the final four the year before and knew what it takes to get there. 3 guys who knew the work needed in practice to get there. Guys like Miller, Lamb, and Jones.

    Mkg was no doubt a leader type. However it's not like he was a leader trying to teach all freshmen how to play college ball. Which is what we will have this season. He had 3 guys who had been there before and done that already on the team with him. That experience also made his job easier as a freshman.

  5. #20
    coldweatherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somewhere between the mist and the moonlight
    Posts
    9,125

    Hope everything works out for him. I wish he was staying.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Location
    12 Mile aka California, KY
    Posts
    119

    Per Jeff Goodman's twitter he is gone and signing with an agent.

    Was supposed to include Wireman's post about Gabriel!

  7. #22
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,674

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYFootballer View Post
    Per Jeff Goodman's twitter he is gone and signing with an agent.

    Was supposed to include Wireman's post about Gabriel!
    Don't fall for fake Twitter accounts. Look for the blue verified check mark.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Location
    12 Mile aka California, KY
    Posts
    119

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Don't fall for fake Twitter accounts. Look for the blue verified check mark.
    I saw it on Bleacher Report could be "Fake News"

  9. #24
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,059

    Someone made a fake Jeff Goodman account and duped a few people, including Bleacher Report.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    650

    Good luck Isaac. Make as much money as possible while you're young. Can always then pay to go back and get a degree if needed.

  11. #26
    SLINK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Kentucky Basketball > Every Program Ever
    Posts
    11,089

    Wish the young man well.

  12. #27
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,066

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    I disagree. Talent is great. Talent plus experience is incredible. 2012 Kentucky was really good because they had some experienced players in addition to the likes of Anthony Davis.
    True, they had Darius. But the leader of that team was a freshman in MKG.

  13. #28
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,066

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    True, they had Darius. But the leader of that team was a freshman in MKG.
    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    The unquestioned leader of the 2012 team was MKG...A freshmen.
    MKG might be the best leader that Cats have had in the Cal era even.

  14. #29
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,059

    MKG was a great leader but he didn't have experience. There's a reason why NBA teams let old men stick around 5 years after they are able to run up and down the court. It's very critical to have veteran leaders on a team. People who can say, "okay freshmen...when Cal says this...you better listen." Or "alright guys, you better ignore the Florida student section...they are vicious."

  15. #30
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    84,798

    Humphries is working out with the Lakers this week.

    The Lakers have the 2nd and 28th pick in the first round.

Top