- Jan 10, 08, 02:09 PM #1
Interesting thing....Seems Farmer, Mercer and Padgett wanted to go into UK locker room after UK/UL b-ball game and were denied access. Hmmm...Advertisement
- Jan 10, 08, 02:12 PM #2What's so bad about that?
- Jan 10, 08, 02:15 PM #3Coach G owns the Locker Room. It's his team. Might not be great on a PR standpoint, but it is his decision.
- Jan 10, 08, 02:24 PM #4Word is that it isn't Billy Clyde refusing the entrance. Seems Barnhart doesn't like to recognize the past.
What is even funnier. Seems Farmer says to the security guard...you tell whomever said no that they are welcome for the 3 million dollars I raised for the practice facility then turned around and went to visit the UofL locker room.
- Jan 10, 08, 02:28 PM #5
- Jan 10, 08, 02:32 PM #6
- Jan 10, 08, 02:58 PM #7
- Jan 10, 08, 03:07 PM #8Maybe I am just dumb, but it seems to me if you are coaching and you are 6-7, have already alienated a bunch of the wrong people and you still haven't signed your contract then I think you need all the good PR work you can muster whether you like it or not. Turning away guys who have their jerseys hanging in the rafters is not exactly a step in that direction.
- Jan 10, 08, 03:08 PM #9I would be fine with seeing Ritchie Farmer talking these guys. With their selfish talent, if they played with half of his heart and guts they would be one of the best teams in the country!!!!
Last edited by spe690; Jan 10, 08 at 03:18 PM.
- Jan 10, 08, 03:38 PM #10Again....don't think Billy C was the one that turned them away. If he was the one I agree bad choice on his part...actually bad choice on whoever's part. If these guys were going in there to give them a pep talk as I assume they would...people should be all for it.
- Jan 10, 08, 05:14 PM #11
- Jan 10, 08, 06:19 PM #12
- Jan 10, 08, 07:21 PM #13
I see nothing wrong with the guys going to the Locker room after the game, that's just pathetic, I'd probably get mad too.
- Join Date
- Mar 07
- Jan 10, 08, 07:53 PM #14I dont blame these guys for getting mad. Kentucky uses their names and influences for recruiting and fundraising but wont let them in the locker room to talk to the players. You also would think these guys would be smart enough to give enough time for any post game talk the coaches and players would have......Whether its AD or Coach it is a very arrogant move in my opinion.
- Jan 11, 08, 10:45 AM #15
- Jan 11, 08, 10:53 AM #16
- Jan 11, 08, 10:58 AM #17
This team probably would have benefited from a tal from these players. I mean really, what school denies former players from going into the lockerroom after the game? I guarantee those guys could speak some words of wisdom to these players.
- Join Date
- Oct 04
- Pikeville, KY
- Jan 11, 08, 10:59 AM #18I've heard it a few diverse places now, exact same names, exact same scenario.
- Jan 11, 08, 11:21 AM #19
- Jan 11, 08, 11:25 AM #20
- Join Date
- Jan 05
- Being a role model