Huggins Article On ESPN

  1. #1
    TTS_JF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Location
    @ Practice We talking about Practice... Not a game we talking about PRACTICE
    Posts
    3,009

    Huggins Article On ESPN

    West Virginia coach Bob Huggins won't change who he is, like it or not

    Pretty good read.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    BoyWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    424

    Great read.

  3. #3
    Harry Doyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 09
    Posts
    4,007

    Awesome. I love this dude.....always have.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    3,425

    I'm old school and like Huggy , but there is going to be a time where not many recruits want to play that " ignore the volume and profanity , just listen to his words " approach isnt gonna fly .

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    1,316

    Obviously HuggyBear belongs to the "being liked is overrated" club. Im all in with that philosophy.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,104

    Never was a fan. Thought when he was at UC he recruited too many thugs.

  7. #7
    Mack The Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    "Last night when we were young"
    Posts
    5,365

    Do we even understand what the word thug means anymore?

  8. #8
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    52,640

    Love the story. I've really grown to appreciate Huggins a lot more now that UofL doesn't play his teams on too regular a basis. Really enjoyed watching his UC squads, and the WVU squads have been fun too.

    I'll have to find it, but I have a really cool picture from the Frankfort Civic Center of an action shot I took from the seats behind the basket. Has North College Hill OJ Mayo elevating for a three against South Laurel, with Huggs and Tubby sitting at press row in the frame. Must have been 2006.

  9. #9
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    44,834

    Quote Originally Posted by Manitoudan View Post
    I'm old school and like Huggy , but there is going to be a time where not many recruits want to play that " ignore the volume and profanity , just listen to his words " approach isnt gonna fly .
    You mean soft kids?

  10. #10
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    44,834

    Quote Originally Posted by Mack The Knife View Post
    Do we even understand what the word thug means anymore?
    In today's society it means black.

  11. #11
    Mack The Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    "Last night when we were young"
    Posts
    5,365

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    In today's society it means black.
    Sadly, you are correct. And irritates me to no end.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    3,425

    Yes most of the players today are incredibly soft

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,104

    Quote Originally Posted by Mack The Knife View Post
    Do we even understand what the word thug means anymore?
    Hmmm, I don't know. Maybe someone
    who punches a police horse?

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,104

    Quote Originally Posted by Mack The Knife View Post
    Sadly, you are correct. And irritates me to no end.
    Sadly too many people like yourself are the ones who put racist labels on everything. Grayson Allen is a thug to me. Last I checked he was whiter than me.

    My definition is someone who uses bully tactics or cheap tactics with no regards for anyone else's safety.

    A definition of Thug: A cruel or viscous person.

    Didn't see color mentioned in that definition.

  15. #15
    Mack The Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    "Last night when we were young"
    Posts
    5,365

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    Sadly too many people like yourself are the ones who put racist labels on everything. Grayson Allen is a thug to me. Last I checked he was whiter than me.

    My definition is someone who uses bully tactics or cheap tactics with no regards for anyone else's safety.

    A definition of Thug: A cruel or viscous person.

    Didn't see color mentioned in that definition.
    Not even close to being a thug. A tad unhinged, maybe.

Top