Duke Next Season

  1. #1
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,218

    Duke Next Season

    Let's assume the champions lose Winslow, Okafor, and Jones. Cook is a senior and is gone.

    They'll be bringing back Matt Jones, Grayson Allen, Amile Jefferson, and Marshall Plumlee.

    They're bringing in Chase Jeter, Luke Kennard, and Rice big man transfer Sean Obi.

    Is there anyone else that is still undecided considering the Blue Devils?

    My first thought looking at the potential makeup of the roster is, who plays PG?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,018

    Brandon Ingram has taken an official to Duke and I'd imagine that there is a fair amount of interest each way.

    I really like Chase Jeter and Luke Kennard.

  3. #3
    Walter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    15,201

    My guess is Coach K will find someone who can come in and run point next year. I wouldn't rule out Grayson Allen seeing minutes at the 1.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Posts
    2,568

    Chad Ford mentioned that some NBA scouts were saying Allen could possibly be a first round pick this year, don't rule him out leaving early.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,275

    There's a real good point guard out there(forget his name), but think he can leave after his junior season in high school and play for Duke next year, if Jones goes pro. Maybe someone can help with more info and the players name

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    127

    I'm sure Allen will be at Duke next season. He probably wants to put together a full season of better stats as a starter.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,275

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball55 View Post
    I'm sure Allen will be at Duke next season. He probably wants to put together a full season of better stats as a starter.
    There was someone on this board that thought Grayson Allen was a player if given more than walk-on minutes from the start of the season, can't recall who that was.
    That was the McDonalds game Allen last night on a none bigger stage.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    127

    Quote Originally Posted by All In View Post
    There was someone on this board that thought Grayson Allen was a player if given more than walk-on minutes from the start of the season, can't recall who that was.
    That was the McDonalds game Allen last night on a none bigger stage.
    Allen will be back.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    127

    Allen is not a one and done player.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,275

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball55 View Post
    Allen is not a one and done player.
    He's there for 4 like JJ.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,275

    Quote Originally Posted by All In View Post
    There's a real good point guard out there(forget his name), but think he can leave after his junior season in high school and play for Duke next year, if Jones goes pro. Maybe someone can help with more info and the players name
    Derrick Thornton is his name, I believe.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,018

    Quote Originally Posted by All In View Post
    Derrick Thornton is his name, I believe.
    I think it's 'Derryck', but I have seen some things on him possibly reclassifying. I think Louisville is in the mix for him as well (or at least had been mentioned with him at one point... read about him a few days ago and am unsure of when the article was dated).

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    21,347

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball55 View Post
    Allen is not a one and done player.
    Actually anymore these days there are a lot of players that aren't one and done type players yet they still go. UK has a couple who 10 years ago if you could go one and done wouldn't be but this era more go simp,y because they can more than going because they should.
    Booker and Lyles are a couple off this years UK team that really shouldn't be one and dones yet will still get drafted in the 1st round.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,275

    Quote Originally Posted by JokersWild24 View Post
    I think it's 'Derryck', but I have seen some things on him possibly reclassifying. I think Louisville is in the mix for him as well (or at least had been mentioned with him at one point... read about him a few days ago and am unsure of when the article was dated).
    you're right

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    127

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    Actually anymore these days there are a lot of players that aren't one and done type players yet they still go. UK has a couple who 10 years ago if you could go one and done wouldn't be but this era more go simp,y because they can more than going because they should.
    Booker and Lyles are a couple off this years UK team that really shouldn't be one and dones yet will still get drafted in the 1st round.
    I get your point, BUT, we are talking about Allen who is not going anywhere next season. He will be back because, he will want a solid year in a starting role. He is not a Corey Meghette, or however you spell his last name.

Top