Duke 87 Florida 84

Page 2 of Final. Great comeback by Duke, scoring 15 of the last 17 points in the game. Marvin Bagley took over, finishing with 30 &15.... 49 comments | 1312 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    747

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Duke’s other big freshman, whose name I can’t recall at the moment, lowered a shoulder and knocked down a Gator defender for an easy basket in the crucial last minutes of the game. Although Florida did enough on their own to allow Duke back in the game that particular no call offensive foul was big because of the score and time left in the game, and it was an obvious and easy call to make. Plus it would have been the guy’s 5th foul.
    Regardless, Florida had the game won but failed to finish.
    Officials helping Duke out???? NO WAY!
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    10,180

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Bagley might be the best college player I've ever seem.
    Big O, Bill Walton, Pete Maravich come to mind. Bagley may end up being the BOAT but it's quite early to crown him.

  3. #18
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    11,395

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    Big O, Bill Walton, Pete Maravich come to mind. Bagley may end up being the BOAT but it's quite early to crown him.
    Yeah those dudes were WAY before my time. I said the best I had ever seen.

  4. #19
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    40,771

    Duke wins and the Gators fall. Yep that is a good day.

  5. #20
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    9,200

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Duke’s other big freshman, whose name I can’t recall at the moment, lowered a shoulder and knocked down a Gator defender for an easy basket in the crucial last minutes of the game. Although Florida did enough on their own to allow Duke back in the game that particular no call offensive foul was big because of the score and time left in the game, and it was an obvious and easy call to make. Plus it would have been the guy’s 5th foul.
    Regardless, Florida had the game won but failed to finish.
    There are 50/50 calls in every single game ever played... Oh wait this is Duke? Ignore that first part carry on...

  6. #21
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    9,200

    Bagley is unreal. This Duke team is stacked. UK has a team to compete with them in the SEC for the first time in years.

  7. #22
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    20,835

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    There are 50/50 calls in every single game ever played... Oh wait this is Duke? Ignore that first part carry on...
    I understand that. Just saying that this particular no-call came at a very crucial time toward the end of a close game. And IMO it wasn’t a 50/50 call. It was a 100% charging call that went uncalled and resulted in points for Duke.

  8. #23
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    50,918

    It's hilarious how much Duke being good really burns some people up.

  9. #24
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    20,835

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Bagley is unreal. This Duke team is stacked. UK has a team to compete with them in the SEC for the first time in years.
    I agree about Bagley. His game is at a different level. He has that “It Factor”. Duke won’t lose more than 1 of 2 games, if that.

  10. #25
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    20,835

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    It's hilarious how much Duke being good really burns some people up.
    I will wholeheartedly admit that it does indeed “burn”me up, lol.
    I don’t like Duke, or North Carolina for that matter. I can’t keep it a secret any longer.

    It’s good to finally get that burden off my chest.

  11. #26
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    9,200

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    It's hilarious how much Duke being good really burns some people up.
    Welcome back my man.

  12. #27
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,117

    Duke will not go 40-0.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    747

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Bagley is unreal. This Duke team is stacked. UK has a team to compete with them in the SEC for the first time in years.
    You don't follow basketball much do ya? Florida and Texas A&M have had good teams the last few years, and Florida since Billy Donovan arrived. Yeah, Kentucky may win the SEC more years than not but let's not act like it's a cake walk every single year, this year especially.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    747

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Duke will not go 40-0.
    This.....

    There's not a dominate team in college basketball this year, Duke will fall off the high horse sooner or later. Texas and Florida both should have done it, however Duke doesn't play another good team until conference play so we will continue to hear how good they are until then.

  15. #30
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,117

    Their first true road game is tomorrow. That'll be a wild environment but they should win on talent alone. They will lose some conference games.

Top