Duke 74 North Carolina 73 (ACC Semifinals)

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    17,217

    Duke 74 North Carolina 73 (ACC Semifinals)

    Final another great game between these two. It was fun to watch if you are a fan of college basketball.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,723

    That was a blast.

  3. #3
    Bobby Axelrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 17
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    197

    I think Duke most likely locked up a 1 seed unless they somehow get blown out by FSU tomorrow. They only have one loss at full strength and that’s to Gonzaga early in Maui.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,032

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Axelrod View Post
    I think Duke most likely locked up a 1 seed unless they somehow get blown out by FSU tomorrow. They only have one loss at full strength and that’s to Gonzaga early in Maui.
    Duke did just lock up a one seed most likely win or lose now in the ACC title game. They wont give a one seed to UNC over them now. UK and Tennesee will be knocked out of one seed after tomorrow.

    So Duke is a one seed. Only question now is in what region. If Duke wins the ACC tournament is that enough to put them in the East over Virginia? If so does that mean Virginia jumps UK for one seed in the South? Or what about if they still give Virginia the one in the East. Do they now give the one seed to Duke in the South and UK midwest even if UK wins Sec tourney?

    Quite honestly it would have been better for UK in terms of one seed and being in the South of UNC won. Now UK may not even control their destiny for one seed in the South like they did a few hours ago.

  5. #5
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    The Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,748

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    Final another great game between these two. It was fun to watch if you are a fan of college basketball.
    Couldn't had said it better. It's no secret that I am anything but a fan of either team and couldn't care any less on which team wins. I am however, a huge fan of college basketball and this game never disappoints.

  6. #6
    Mack The Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    "Last night when we were young"
    Posts
    5,949

    Not a fan of either team either, but I can’t look away.

  7. #7
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,723

    Quote Originally Posted by Mack The Knife View Post
    Not a fan of either team either, but I can’t look away.
    Same here. Hate Duke. REALLY hate North Carolina.

    But that was so fun to watch.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,759

    I actually think better about UNC now than I did before the game. I think UNC may be the better team even when Duke has Zion. If you would have told me before the game that UNC would shoot 4-27 from the 3 point line (not a typo...they actually shot that badly...15%) and only lost by 1 point, I would not have believed it. I hope they play again in the FINAL FOUR...would be a lot of fun to watch these two go at it again. I cannot think of another great rivalry in any sport that more consistently delivers than UNC-DUKE...best rivalry in all of sports IMO.

  9. #9
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,146

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    I actually think better about UNC now than I did before the game. I think UNC may be the better team even when Duke has Zion. If you would have told me before the game that UNC would shoot 4-27 from the 3 point line (not a typo...they actually shot that badly...15%) and only lost by 1 point, I would not have believed it. I hope they play again in the FINAL FOUR...would be a lot of fun to watch these two go at it again. I cannot think of another great rivalry in any sport that more consistently delivers than UNC-DUKE...best rivalry in all of sports IMO.
    What did UNC shoot on 3's in the Zion shoe game they won? It may have been just as bad.

    Edit: I looked it up. UNC was 2-20 on 3's in that Zion shoe game which UNC won.

Top