Duke 68 Wisconsin 63

Page 5 of This falls in the "if a frog had wings then he wouldn't bump his ....you know the rest" category but I do have to say it - Man, I just wish t... 125 comments | 5803 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    32,650

    Duke's freshmen carried Duke. Put them on their back and carried them. UK's freshmen were good but most of the time they neither did that nor were asked to do that.
    Advertisement

  2. #62
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,834

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    The best freshman class in the country. Hard to say otherwise at this point...
    I don't like admitting it, but I don't know how you can argue otherwise.

    I will say their top three freshmen were the best trio in the country. Hard to toss Grayson Allen in there, only averaging four points on the season, but he sure stepped up tonight.

  3. #63
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    60,627

    Basketball is ultimately a guard-driven game, and Duke's guards were superior. Congrats to Coach K and the Devils!

  4. #64
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,834

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Okafor a slight edge over Towns
    Winslow significantly better than Lyles
    Jones better than Booker
    Ulis better than Allen

    I give the edge to Duke's freshmen.
    I'd think if you were going to compare the four on both teams, you'd have to compare Jones vs. Ulis and Booker vs. Allen.

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    North Carolina, but crazy about Ft. Thomas Highlands! Visit my Highlands website at www.Highlands-Bluebirds.com!
    Posts
    7,132

    I can't stand Duke, but you have to give it to them... they have now won 2 national titles during the Calipari at UK era. I'd say there is absolutely no doubt what state the college basketball center of gravity resides in, and it ain't the Bluegrass.

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    17,599

    Grayson Allen looks a little like and definitely played like Jimmy Chitwood tonight!

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,188

    Congrats to the Duke fans on this board. I can't imagine how awesome it is for you all. Hearing all the talk about UK all year but you all the ones who end up holding up the championship trophy. Congrats!

    Ugh this sucks!

  8. #68
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,834

    Can we all agree that those hats suck?

  9. #69
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    9,240

    Now a 2 hour drive home. Gonna be much easier than if Duke lost.

  10. #70
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,399

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I'd think if you were going to compare the four on both teams, you'd have to compare Jones vs. Ulis and Booker vs. Allen.
    I take Jones over Ulis. I love Ulis but Jones puts the ball in the basket more than Ulis probably ever will.

  11. #71
    Walter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    15,201

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I love Ulis, but I can't get behind that statement.
    Great battle between the two on the EYBL circuit last summer but there's a reason Tyus was rated as the best point guard in the country. He'll now have a ring and MOP trophy to justify it as well.

  12. #72
    Walter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    15,201

    Quote Originally Posted by jbwill2 View Post
    I can't stand Duke, but you have to give it to them... they have now won 2 national titles during the Calipari at UK era. I'd say there is absolutely no doubt what state the college basketball center of gravity resides in, and it ain't the Bluegrass.
    UConn also has 2 and have owned UK in the tourney.

  13. #73

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,018

    Understand what everyone is saying, but UK has also been there at the end each time as well. Cal came in and had to build them basically from scratch given the disaster that was Gillispie. K and Calhoun were at their programs for quite some time. Will be interesting to see if Ollie is able to keep UConn up at the clip that Calhoun had when he left.

  14. #74
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    The Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,777

    I want to say Congrats to the BGP Duke Fans on your team winning the National Championship. Your teams play in this one deserved the win.

  15. #75
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,472

    Quote Originally Posted by JokersWild24 View Post
    Understand what everyone is saying, but UK has also been there at the end each time as well. Cal came in and had to build them basically from scratch given the disaster that was Gillispie. K and Calhoun were at their programs for quite some time. Will be interesting to see if Ollie is able to keep UConn up at the clip that Calhoun had when he left.
    Cal "built UK from scratch" in like 6 weeks on the job. Stop...

Top