Duke 63 Virginia 62

Page 2 of Originally Posted by jvdfc His foot was definitely down before it left his hand. Without and doubt. Heck I thought he walked before he shot but he didn... 36 comments | 1438 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,194

    I've been so focused on the travel I just now noticed the foul. I'll take the no call for the win. This Duke victory is for all of the people who want refs to swallow the whistle at the end of the game.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    I don't think he was fouled at all...good defense by Virginia. It was REALLY CLOSE on whether he walked or not...after watching the replay, I still could not tell so I certainly not blame the refs for not calling it...
    First blush I thought it was likely a travel. Then when they showed the replay from the opposite baseline I wasn't sure. Too hard to call. You have to let it go if you're not sure.

  3. #18
    jvdfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    9,022

    His foot was definitely down before it left his hand. Without and doubt. Heck I thought he walked before he shot but he didn't until the end.

  4. #19
    BlueTip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    1,182

    I thought it was good no calls all the way around.

  5. #20
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,392

    Whether he walked or not is up for debate, but what amuses me is when people say things like "refs aren't going to decide the game by making that call in the final seconds." Well, that works both ways. By not making the call it also decides the game. A no- call can decide the outcome as much as making a call.
    I'm sure Bennett feels that the refs decided the outcome. He as much as told K that in the handshake lineup.

  6. #21
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,194

    Quote Originally Posted by jvdfc View Post
    His foot was definitely down before it left his hand. Without and doubt. Heck I thought he walked before he shot but he didn't until the end.
    He was fouled anyways.

  7. #22
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,194

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Whether he walked or not is up for debate, but what amuses me is when people say things like "refs aren't going to decide the game by making that call in the final seconds." Well, that works both ways. By not making the call it also decides the game. A no- call can decide the outcome as much as making a call.
    I'm sure Bennett feels that the refs decided the outcome. He as much as told K that in the handshake lineup.
    And K reminded him that Grayson was fouled.

  8. #23
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,392

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    And K reminded him that Grayson was fouled.
    Fouls don't apply if the walk violation is first, which it appeared to me to be the case.

  9. #24
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,194

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Fouls don't apply if the walk violation is first, which it appeared to me to be the case.
    I saw the foul before the walk. I didn't see the walk before contact. I saw the still shot of him with his foot on the ground with the ball in his hand after he landed from jumping.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    22,956

    I saw a good play to win the game. Duke like UK is starting to play their best at the right time.

    Wouldn't it be something if somehow both these teams make the finals and give us a finals match we thought we would see last year.

  11. #26
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    22,050

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Whether he walked or not is up for debate, but what amuses me is when people say things like "refs aren't going to decide the game by making that call in the final seconds." Well, that works both ways. By not making the call it also decides the game. A no- call can decide the outcome as much as making a call.
    .
    I agree with you.

  12. #27
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    22,050

    Unless there is another video of another angle I don't think there was a foul. Allen created the contact.

  13. #28
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,778

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    Unless there is another video of another angle I don't think there was a foul. Allen created the contact.
    I agree, otherwise the offensive player could create a foul every trip.

  14. #29
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,194

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    Unless there is another video of another angle I don't think there was a foul. Allen created the contact.
    Huh? Okay. He dribbled to a spot and there was contact to stop him.

  15. #30
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,194

    Quote Originally Posted by 4chs View Post
    I agree, otherwise the offensive player could create a foul every trip.
    Uhhhh, yeah, they do that every trip and it never gets called. See: James Harden.

Top