Duke 118 Kentucky 84

Page 8 of Final... 113 comments | 1914 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #106

    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    241

    Losing like that sucked. Losing like that to Duke makes it hurt all the worse (full disclosure I hate Duke but those guys are going to be a lot of fun to watch all year and I don't think I have ever felt that way about a Duke team before), but it was the first game of a long season. There is a lot of basketball to be played still and a lot of improvement to be made. If Kentucky is able to take this loss and grow from it it is not a complete loss. UK will be a different team come March. Duke is incredible and deserve all of the love and respect that they are getting. I am sure that Coach K isn't going to let his guys be comfortable after that beat down and they too will improve as the season progresses, but there is a lot of basketball to be played until March. I still like my team.
    Advertisement

  2. #107
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    40,925

    Again, I did not watch any of the game because of work. But what is concerning is that UK brings back an "experienced" roster and lost like they did. It is one thing to be reliant upon 90% of your production from Freshmen and go down in flames, but that is not what this roster is.

    But yes, it is a long season and we are in early November. 39-1!

  3. #108

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,334

    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Quarters View Post
    Who, they're coming off a 30 plus point butt kicking and you're talking a #1 seed, that's pretty bold.
    It was a butt whopping no doubt. 2015 UK put a butt whopping on Kansas in this same game. Kansas ended up being a 2 seed that year. So yeah not hard to see UK getting a one seed. With UK's schedule they have plenty of opportunity to have a great resume with big wins to get that one seed.

  4. #109

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,334

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    Again, I did not watch any of the game because of work. But what is concerning is that UK brings back an "experienced" roster and lost like they did. It is one thing to be reliant upon 90% of your production from Freshmen and go down in flames, but that is not what this roster is.

    But yes, it is a long season and we are in early November. 39-1!
    In the starting lineup for the game, there was only one player who started for UK last year. So while they may have experience, they don't have chemistry.

  5. #110

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,334

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Told my co-worker that it might be better for them in the long run rather than if they played like crap and only lost by like 6.
    Honestly when you think back to all of Cal's teams at UK. Usually it takes until about the conference season and struggling in January to get the players to see what they are doing doesn't work, and need to buy in to what Coach Cal wants. Which usually leads to them playing their best come March.

    So usually it takes losing those conference games to get their attention on how to play. With taking a pure butt whopping on national tv. This is probably going to get their focus a lot sooner. So it's probably going to get them to buy in to all the little things even earlier now. So while it sucked getting drilled like that, in the long run. It probably will help this team focus on the little things sooner now.

  6. #111
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,019

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Honestly when you think back to all of Cal's teams at UK. Usually it takes until about the conference season and struggling in January to get the players to see what they are doing doesn't work, and need to buy in to what Coach Cal wants. Which usually leads to them playing their best come March.

    So usually it takes losing those conference games to get their attention on how to play. With taking a pure butt whopping on national tv. This is probably going to get their focus a lot sooner. So it's probably going to get them to buy in to all the little things even earlier now. So while it sucked getting drilled like that, in the long run. It probably will help this team focus on the little things sooner now.
    That's the only silver lining we can try to take from Tuesday haha!

  7. #112

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    21,334

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    That's the only silver lining we can try to take from Tuesday haha!
    Yeah pretty much lol.

  8. #113

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    17,263

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    In the starting lineup for the game, there was only one player who started for UK last year. So while they may have experience, they don't have chemistry.
    What was returning in 2015 was much higher in talent than what returns this year. WCS, Harrison Twins and Poythress were a lot better than Green, Richards and Washington.

  9. #114
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,078

    Quote Originally Posted by CollegefootballGuy69 View Post
    Can't stand Calipari.

Top