Could Kentucky be next?

Page 3 of Being a UK fan I definitely hope its not the case but was wondering what the chances is UK is involved in all this cheating mess? Advertisement 0 0 0 &... 116 comments | 6625 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    FreeKodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Location
    Covington, Kentucky
    Posts
    505

    Man I hope not. But I wouldn't be surprised if everybody is cheating.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    747

    Also more food for thought, it’s less likely for UK and Duke to recruit players in this way because of the resources they have to offer. Being 2 of the most prominent, prestigious, and historic programs in college basketball helps, as well as having Coach K and Cal. They’re more exposed to NBA players, scouts, ect. than they are at UofL, Arizona, USC, Auburn, or any other school being investigated.

    I can see a lot more schools being involved but will be very shocked if a blue blood is included in it.

  3. #33
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    53,404

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Baxter View Post
    Also more food for thought, it’s less likely for UK and Duke to recruit players in this way because of the resources they have to offer. Being 2 of the most prominent, prestigious, and historic programs in college basketball helps, as well as having Coach K and Cal. They’re more exposed to NBA players, scouts, ect. than they are at UofL, Arizona, USC, Auburn, or any other school being investigated.

    I can see a lot more schools being involved but will be very shocked if a blue blood is included in it.
    Keep telling yourself that.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    8,261

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    Keep telling yourself that.
    The only way that would be true would be if these recruits are smart enough to realize 50-100k is chump change compared to what top draft pics will be making on draft day and with shoe contracts, etc. and Cal can sell them on his system being the best to prepare them to be a top draft pick. I won't hold my breath on the kids being smart enough to realize 100k is peanuts in the big picture.

  5. #35
    Bench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,846

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Baxter View Post
    Also more food for thought, it’s less likely for UK and Duke to recruit players in this way because of the resources they have to offer. Being 2 of the most prominent, prestigious, and historic programs in college basketball helps, as well as having Coach K and Cal. They’re more exposed to NBA players, scouts, ect. than they are at UofL, Arizona, USC, Auburn, or any other school being investigated.

    I can see a lot more schools being involved but will be very shocked if a blue blood is included in it.
    You're completely delusional.

  6. #36
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,984

    I think you're incredibly naive to not be a bit worried if you're a Kentucky fan. Shoot, a fan of any major program. They all cheat to some degree. Just a matter of which ones cheat to the degree that catches the FBI's eye.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    16,528

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I think you're incredibly naive to not be a bit worried if you're a Kentucky fan. Shoot, a fan of any major program. They all cheat to some degree. Just a matter of which ones cheat to the degree that catches the FBI's eye.
    I agree. Of course I'm sure UNC is ok.

  8. #38
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    20,120

    Quote Originally Posted by LIPTON BASH View Post
    Anything is possible . One thing that gives me comfort is there are certain top players that Cal was never in on and a lot of those players are the ones with the most rumors around them.
    And he also has Sandy Bell microscoping everything that happens within their recruiting.
    I don't know how much control and respect she has but by just reading through various posts over the year it seems to be significant.

  9. #39
    THUNDERBIRDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Keeping the S.C.I.T. in check...
    Posts
    3,824

    Lets see how far Cal has distanced himself and his players from Worldwide Wes in recent years or any at all! That dude makes me as nervous!

  10. #40
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,866

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Baxter View Post
    Also more food for thought, it’s less likely for UK and Duke to recruit players in this way because of the resources they have to offer. Being 2 of the most prominent, prestigious, and historic programs in college basketball helps, as well as having Coach K and Cal. They’re more exposed to NBA players, scouts, ect. than they are at UofL, Arizona, USC, Auburn, or any other school being investigated.

    I can see a lot more schools being involved but will be very shocked if a blue blood is included in it.
    I don't think 17 and 18 year old kids give a damn about prominent, prestigious, and historic programs. Kids choose Duke and Kentucky because they believe it's the best way for them to get paid at the next level (and hopefully only at that level).

    I do think you are spot on when it comes to exposure to NBA players and scouts though.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    16,528

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I don't think 17 and 18 year old kids give a damn about prominent, prestigious, and historic programs. Kids choose Duke and Kentucky because they believe it's the best way for them to get paid at the next level (and hopefully only at that level).

    I do think you are spot on when it comes to exposure to NBA players and scouts though.
    Nor do they care about a "good education." (i.e. the Tar Heel way. )

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    747

    Quote Originally Posted by Bench View Post
    You're completely delusional.
    Gee, that stings coming from you.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Location
    Bluegrass Region
    Posts
    10,194

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    Nor do they care about a "good education." (i.e. the Tar Heel way. )
    Gotta be a lot of smiles in Chapel Hill on this (assuming they are not entangled). This will provide cover until Roy retires.

  14. #44
    Bench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,846

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Baxter View Post
    Gee, that stings coming from you.
    Take a poll. I wouldn't be the only one.

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    747

    Quote Originally Posted by Bench View Post
    Take a poll. I wouldn't be the only one.
    You honestly think Calipari, Coach K, Bill Self, and Roy Williams are using shoe companies money to get players to come to their schools??

    I’m not saying they’re clean, I just don’t think they are involved with this certain scheme.

Top