Cincinnati to host NCAA 1st/2nd Round in 2022

Page 3 of At US Bank Arena...let's hope they do some upgrades before then.... 44 comments | 1789 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,443

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    So because they funded other projects, that makes them obligated to fund another? I'm not following.
    Might be the worst logic I've ever seen.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    16,332

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    So because they funded other projects, that makes them obligated to fund another? I'm not following.
    Yes

  3. #33
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    16,332

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    At some point, enough is enough. Taxpayers are always the losers in stadium construction/renovation. The problem is, however, teams like the Reds and Bengals got taxpayer money and they should have been paying for it themselves. Now US Bank needs renovated, but there's not a monied franchise using the arena, so there isn't anyone to fit the bill other than the taxpayers.
    Cant get a monied franchise without renovations.

  4. #34
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    13,662

    The city of Cincinnati has lost many events due to lack of a decent arena. The overall impact of a decent arena could be huge. Cincy would probably just screw it up though.

  5. #35
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    16,332

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    The city of Cincinnati has lost many events due to lack of a decent arena. The overall impact of a decent arena could be huge. Cincy would probably just screw it up though.
    Yes, its the one building you could get revenue from city wide 365 days a year. Unlike the other two taxpayer funded buildings. Just doesn't make sense to not publicly fund it. You build a transportation system to bring you right to the front door of a place no one wants to have an event it.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    4,827

    US Bank arena has no major league tenant. So while you could use the building 365 days a year in reality it could also be used 0 days a year. The Disney shows, concerts, monster trucks, WWE all have other venues competing for them. Even the Cyclones are not enough to warrant the renovations at taxpayers expense.

    So taxpayers could be funding something that is not used.

  7. #37
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    48,911

    Quote Originally Posted by frankdracman23 View Post
    US Bank arena has no major league tenant. So while you could use the building 365 days a year in reality it could also be used 0 days a year. The Disney shows, concerts, monster trucks, WWE all have other venues competing for them. Even the Cyclones are not enough to warrant the renovations at taxpayers expense.

    So taxpayers could be funding something that is not used.
    Your point is accurate, but come on. Past history shows that the facility will be used has it has been for years by a variety of events.

    It is not reality that it would be used 0 days out of the year.

  8. #38
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    70,345

  9. #39
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    16,332

    Great American tower being compared to a penis, thats a first.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    4,827

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Your point is accurate, but come on. Past history shows that the facility will be used has it has been for years by a variety of events.

    It is not reality that it would be used 0 days out of the year.
    True. But also true that it is not going to be used 365 days. All those events will go elsewhere during the renovation.......will they return? Will a renovated US Bank arena attract any events that it did not previously? The NCAA tourney and what else? I do not know and neither does anyone else. It is one thing for the owners to take a chance......it is another for tax money to take the chance.

  11. #41
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    26,686

    How about a mini dome stadium and you put FC Cincinnati in there?


  12. #42
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    87,817

    Another weak attempt by Nederlander to strong arm the city and county into paying to fix their dump of an arena. Not going to happen, so I'd make other plans for mid March 2022...

  13. #43
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    16,332

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Another weak attempt by Nederlander to strong arm the city and county into paying to fix their dump of an arena. Not going to happen, so I'd make other plans for mid March 2022...
    I bet if it every came to be publically voted on it would pass.

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Jul 03
    Location
    Northern Ky.
    Posts
    5,085

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    1. You funded to other publicly funded stadiums, its only in fairness that you would fund a public arena that can be used 365 (potentially)
    2. You funded millions into a street car that leads right to your entertainment district, do you not want to have a the best entertainment district possible, so people ride your street car.

    For starters.


    Is the bolded where you plan to start your argument? Because nothing prior to that is an argument at all.

  15. #45
    Theoldguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    14,178

    No major pro team has ever played in the 40-year-old Coliseum, only a handful of minor league hockey teams. A shiny new arena would certainly check one box for Cincinnati to nab an NBA or NHL team, but they’d be in line behind several more deserving cities on the theoretical expansion list.

    While that isn't quite true. Most on this list weren't even born yet when the Cincinnati Stingers of the WHA played in the brand new Arena.

    https://shlabotnikreport.wordpress.com/2016/01/15/forgotten-franchises-the-whas-cincinnati-stingers/

Top