Cincinnati Has Hired John Brannen

Page 2 of Wow, congrats Coach Brannen! John Brannen Named Cincinnati Men’s Basketball Coach - University of Cincinnati Athletics Advertisement 0 0 0  ... 27 comments | 4234 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,503

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Fair enough.

    What can you tell us?
    Still very early in the staff building process. John was clear in the presser he was going to be deliberate and not just make quick hires for the sake of hiring someone. Guessing one guy from his NKU staff will join him as a bench assistant. One big time recruiting assistant that he has ties to seems likely, and I have my eye on a few guys but nothing solid yet. I could see some movement starting by the weekend.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,486

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Still very early in the staff building process. John was clear in the presser he was going to be deliberate and not just make quick hires for the sake of hiring someone. Guessing one guy from his NKU staff will join him as a bench assistant. One big time recruiting assistant that he has ties to seems likely, and I have my eye on a few guys but nothing solid yet. I could see some movement starting by the weekend.
    Bet it's fair to say that he's waiting to see who NKU hires as their Head Coach. If Shumate doesn't get it, he may join him at UC. I'm spit balling but it probably makes sense.

  3. #18
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,839

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Bet it's fair to say that he's waiting to see who NKU hires as their Head Coach. If Shumate doesn't get it, he may join him at UC. I'm spit balling but it probably makes sense.
    Agree.

  4. #19
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,503

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Bet it's fair to say that he's waiting to see who NKU hires as their Head Coach. If Shumate doesn't get it, he may join him at UC. I'm spit balling but it probably makes sense.
    Trying to get the top assistant in place first, and then he will go from there. It’s a big one if he can pull it off.

  5. #20
    Oldbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    Fort Thomas, KY
    Posts
    24,521

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Trying to get the top assistant in place first, and then he will go from there. It’s a big one if he can pull it off.
    Larry Brown (again)

  6. #21
    Walter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    15,208

    JB and UC landed 6'5 top 50 wing Zach Harvey of Prolific Prep today.

    This comes a few weeks after also landing Oakland grad transfer Jaevin Cumberland.

  7. #22
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,189

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    JB and UC landed 6'5 top 50 wing Zach Harvey of Prolific Prep today.

    This comes a few weeks after also landing Oakland grad transfer Jaevin Cumberland.
    What is the scoop on Harvey? I heard about this on the radio today and they said he brings some baggage. I didn't hear what the baggage is though. Is Harvey coming in this year or next year?

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    10,947

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    What is the scoop on Harvey? I heard about this on the radio today and they said he brings some baggage. I didn't hear what the baggage is though. Is Harvey coming in this year or next year?
    He's coming in this year. He recently reclassified to a 2019 recruit after initially classifying as a 2020.

  9. #24
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,902

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    What is the scoop on Harvey? I heard about this on the radio today and they said he brings some baggage. I didn't hear what the baggage is though. Is Harvey coming in this year or next year?
    He got in serious trouble as a youth. UC is giving him a second chance now hoping he’s matured.

  10. #25
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,189

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    He got in serious trouble as a youth. UC is giving him a second chance now hoping heís matured.
    Yes, I saw an article in the Enquirer this morning. The incident happened when he was 16 and involved a sexually explicit video of an underage girl. He pled no contest to two misdemeanors in June 2018. The charges were filed in October 2017. UC AD Bohn said they have vetted the situation and will hold him accountable with a zero tolerance plan in place. Best wishes to the young man. Hopefully it is an error of youth and an experience he grows from.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    24,970

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Yes, I saw an article in the Enquirer this morning. The incident happened when he was 16 and involved a sexually explicit video of an underage girl. He pled no contest to two misdemeanors in June 2018. The charges were filed in October 2017. UC AD Bohn said they have vetted the situation and will hold him accountable with a zero tolerance plan in place. Best wishes to the young man. Hopefully it is an error of youth and an experience he grows from.
    As bad as it is, there are thousands upon thousands of similar cases. Not condoning it but the fact that it's not drug or violence related is a good sign IMO. I'm sure he can find the inner strength to not record or share his female companions moving forward.

  12. #27
    Walter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    15,208

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    He got in serious trouble as a youth. UC is giving him a second chance now hoping he’s matured.
    Poor judgement by a 16 year old...yes. Far from a situation that should be classified as "serious trouble".

    If he weren't a top 50 kid, it probably isn't even a situation that gets brought up. X was willing to take him earlier in his recruitment but he wouldn't commit so they moved on.

  13. #28
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    30,773

    This thread appears to not be about John Brannen anymore. I encourage the opening of a thread on UC recruiting, if desired.

Top