Cincinnati Bearcats 2017-2018 Schedule

Page 2 of Nov 1 - @ Bellarmine (exhibition) Nov 5 - Embry-Riddle (exibition) Nov 10 - Savannah State Nov 13 - Western Carolina Nov 16 - Coppin State Cayman Islan... 29 comments | 1453 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    I gotta go to work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    1,946

    Not a bad seat at BB&T. UC fans will enjoy the games at the arena.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,074

    Maybe NKU can take notes from UC on how to draw a decent crowd to their own arena.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    Maybe NKU can take notes from UC on how to draw a decent crowd to their own arena.
    You think there is some formula that NKU is not trying that they can learn from UC to draw better? So, then UC should take notes from UK on how to draw 23,000?

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,074

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    You think there is some formula that NKU is not trying that they can learn from UC to draw better? So, then UC should take notes from UK on how to draw 23,000?
    If UC had an arena that can hold 23,000 and they are coming way short of that capacity, yes. Which is why NKU should take notes from UC if UC is filling up the NKU arena while NKU is not. Make sense now?

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    If UC had an arena that can hold 23,000 and they are coming way short of that capacity, yes. Which is why NKU should take notes from UC if UC is filling up the NKU arena while NKU is not. Make sense now?
    No, not at all. By your theory, everyone should just build a 23,000 seat arena and copy what UK does and they'll all fill their arena. That's not how it works. UC can't draw 23,000 just like NKU can't draw 9,000. They shouldn't be expected to--they are a second year DI program and a 50 year-old university.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,074

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    No, not at all. By your theory, everyone should just build a 23,000 seat arena and copy what UK does and they'll all fill their arena. That's not how it works. UC can't draw 23,000 just like NKU can't draw 9,000. They shouldn't be expected to--they are a second year DI program and a 50 year-old university.
    Sigh. Not sure how you came up with that reasoning and why UK was even brought into the picture. If NKU can fill more than half of their arena on average they would be improving.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    Sigh. Not sure how you came up with that reasoning and why UK was even brought into the picture. If NKU can fill more than half of their arena on average they would be improving.
    Maybe I just misunderstood you. There is nothing to be learned from UC. NKU can't draw like UC, just like UC can't draw like UK. NKU will see a huge jump in attendance based on last year's success.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,074

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Maybe I just misunderstood you. There is nothing to be learned from UC. NKU can't draw like UC, just like UC can't draw like UK. NKU will see a huge jump in attendance based on last year's success.
    Good Luck

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,074

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfTroy View Post
    Maybe I just misunderstood you. There is nothing to be learned from UC. NKU can't draw like UC, just like UC can't draw like UK. NKU will see a huge jump in attendance based on last year's success.
    So far this year, NKU attendance is dreadful. Biggest crowd was just over 4K to see the Norse play Morehead State on a Saturday in the 9,400-seat BB&T Arena. UC just attracted almost 6K on a Tuesday for a game against Arkansas-Pine Bluff. I don't see things improving any for NKU when the conference portion of the season begins.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    559

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    So far this year, NKU attendance is dreadful. Biggest crowd was just over 4K to see the Norse play Morehead State on a Saturday in the 9,400-seat BB&T Arena. UC just attracted almost 6K on a Tuesday for a game against Arkansas-Pine Bluff. I don't see things improving any for NKU when the conference portion of the season begins.
    I'm sorry you're clueless about college basketball and attendance.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,074

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    They won't draw much more than that tonight against Cleveland State too.
    Attendance: 7,988

  12. #27
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    51,418

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    Attendance: 7,988
    By your definition in the NKU thread, isn't that not much more?

    We were told to expect similar attendance for both games this week.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,074

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    By your definition in the NKU thread, isn't that not much more?

    We were told to expect similar attendance for both games this week.
    It's excellent actually. Guess they are overachieving?

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    20,814

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    Maybe NKU can take notes from UC on how to draw a decent crowd to their own arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    If UC had an arena that can hold 23,000 and they are coming way short of that capacity, yes. Which is why NKU should take notes from UC if UC is filling up the NKU arena while NKU is not. Make sense now?
    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    So far this year, NKU attendance is dreadful. Biggest crowd was just over 4K to see the Norse play Morehead State on a Saturday in the 9,400-seat BB&T Arena. UC just attracted almost 6K on a Tuesday for a game against Arkansas-Pine Bluff. I don't see things improving any for NKU when the conference portion of the season begins.
    There is no notes to take from UC. UC actually has a fan base. Right now students who go to NKU. Didn't grow up rooting for NKU. They grew up rooting for big school's in the area they seen on t.v. in UK, UC, Xavier. So nku doesn't have a fan base built up like UC. Nku fan base is fans who's favorite team is not nku, because no one grew up watching division 2 nku.

    So there are zero notes nku can take from UC, because NKu could do exactly what UC would do with tickets and it wouldn't change. Unless NKU becomes a big time mid major like a Butler eventually became in Indiana. It's not going to ever have this huge following who says yes let's go watch our favorite team the NKU Norse play.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,074

    Sounds good coach.

Top