Cincinnati 93 UCLA 64

  1. #1
    Walter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    15,198

    Cincinnati 93 UCLA 64

    Bearcats hand the Bruins a beat down tonight.

    Cumberland led the way with 25.
    Keith Williams 19
    Nysier Brooks 14
    Justin Jenifer 11

    UC improves to 10-2.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,817

    Good win for UC and I’m making an effort not to take anything away from them, but how is UCLA this bad at basketball. UCLA shouldn’t lose to anyone outside of maybe the top 5 by 29 points. Why can’t UCLA seem to get this figured out?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,848

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Good win for UC and I’m making an effort not to take anything away from them, but how is UCLA this bad at basketball. UCLA shouldn’t lose to anyone outside of maybe the top 5 by 29 points. Why can’t UCLA seem to get this figured out?
    Because UCLA is a thing of the past.

  4. #4
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Buckeye Lake, Ohio
    Posts
    41,492

    Love seeing Cincy pound UCLA.

  5. #5
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,607

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Good win for UC and I’m making an effort not to take anything away from them, but how is UCLA this bad at basketball. UCLA shouldn’t lose to anyone outside of maybe the top 5 by 29 points. Why can’t UCLA seem to get this figured out?
    Lamar Ball ruined UCLA haha!

  6. #6
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    52,607

    I couldn't believe the score when I looked up last night.

  7. #7
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,817

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Lamar Ball ruined UCLA haha!
    I’m really starting to wonder if Lavar and the Ball family is to blame. No way UCLA should be this bad. Again taking nothing away from UC but this isn’t a great UC team. If this was UC last year I may not have paid it too much attention. Either way UCLA shouldn’t be this kind of bad.

  8. #8
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,447

    UNC and Michigan St didn't manage to dominate UCLA like UC did in this one. Discredit how Cincinnati played to your hearts content. Maybe this team is a little better than everyone thought...

  9. #9
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,549

    Jarron is caring the load in his last season at UC.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    678

    I think everyone is right here. No way UCLA should lose to anyone this badly. UC is better than we anticipated. Also, they shot particularly well by hitting 12 threes. Probably not as big of a margin if they play again but it was on this night. Oh, and, yes, let's just blame the Ball family.

  11. #11
    Walter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    15,198

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    No way UCLA should be this bad. Again taking nothing away from UC but this isn’t a great UC team. If this was UC last year I may not have paid it too much attention. Either way UCLA shouldn’t be this kind of bad.
    UCLA is one of the most talented teams in the country. Just young and inexperienced. Only one player in their rotation that isn't a freshman or sophomore. Not many teams with 9 top 75 players though and multiple future 1st round draft picks.

    UC is a lot better than most of us, myself included, probably realized. They have limitations offensively at times but Cumberland is going to be the best player on the court more often than not, Keith Williams is slowly turning in to an all league player, and they have a point guard that is leading the country in assist to turnover ratio. UC is just a bad match up for UCLA because of their physicality and style of play at both ends.

  12. #12
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,151

    I’ll be that guy...Is UC really that good? They’ve played two tournament teams so far...Ohio State (L) and Mississippi State (L). So while the margin of victory in this one is impressive, until they beat a tournament team forgive me if I don’t get too excited about them whooping a bad UCLA team.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,762

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I’ll be that guy...Is UC really that good? They’ve played two tournament teams so far...Ohio State (L) and Mississippi State (L). So while the margin of victory in this one is impressive, until they beat a tournament team forgive me if I don’t get too excited about them whooping a bad UCLA team.
    UC is a pretty good team IMO that will win a lot of games but will be most likely be done after one or two NCAA tourney games. Defensively very strong but an inconsistent offense that struggles against good teams. I like this UC team and hope they do better than my prediction.

Top