Christen Cunningham Transferring

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,376

    Christen Cunningham Transferring

    Former Lexington kid (Henry Clay?) who played at Samford. Will be a graduate transfer so he can play immediately.

    Scored 1200 points and 500 assists at Samford.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,353

    How does that work? How does he let colleges know he is available?

  3. #3
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,878

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    How does that work? How does he let colleges know he is available?
    Not sure but colleges know that he is available. It was on twitter this afternoon.

  4. #4
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,878

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelPops View Post
    Former Lexington kid (Henry Clay?) who played at Samford. Will be a graduate transfer so he can play immediately.

    Scored 1200 points and 500 assists at Samford.
    He went to Henry Clay and Cordia.

  5. #5
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,353

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Not sure but colleges know that he is available. It was on twitter this afternoon.
    How do they know? His twitter account? Or is there something like the clearinghouse that he has to go thru?

  6. #6
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    86,878

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    How do they know? His twitter account? Or is there something like the clearinghouse that he has to go thru?
    I’m not sure. I’m just assuming that if it is being reported on twitter that colleges that would be interested in him know he is available. I’m pretty sure it was Evan Daniels who posted it on twitter so I’d say his account alone let a ton of colleges know that he is available. I’m interested in seeing where he ends up at.

  7. #7
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,152

    What position does this kid play? What are his possible destinations?

  8. #8
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    29,235

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    What position does this kid play? What are his possible destinations?
    He played point guard.

    He holds school records for assists, single season assists, and consecutive 125 assist seasons. That was coming into this season. Samford's web site is not well maintained. No stats for this season are posted.

  9. #9
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    21,020

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    What position does this kid play? What are his possible destinations?
    Is this a D1 transfer or a Georgetown College transfer?

  10. #10
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    29,235

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    Is this a D1 transfer or a Georgetown College transfer?
    He never attended Georgetown. He lists his hometown as Georgetown. He graduated from Samford University, Southern Conference, D1, graduate transfer.

  11. #11
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    21,020

    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    He never attended Georgetown. He lists his hometown as Georgetown. He graduated from Samford University, Southern Conference, D1, graduate transfer.
    No, no, I know that. I should have been more clear. Will he be going to another D1 school or does he move down to an NAIA school?

  12. #12
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    29,235

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    No, no, I know that. I should have been more clear. Will he be going to another D1 school or does he move down to an NAIA school?
    It depends on who needs a point guard and who offers a graduate program in his field of study. There is no indication of what his major was in his bio.

    Christen also hasn't played since December 5th, a one point loss to Memphis, due to an undisclosed illness. He only played in 9 games his senior year. That may be a very big factor in where he might play.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,376

    Heading to Louisville

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 18
    Posts
    20

    You can follow NCAA D1 and D2 transfers at verbalcommits.com
    Verbal Commits confirms that he is heading to Louisville.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    The City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    2,313

    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    It depends on who needs a point guard and who offers a graduate program in his field of study. There is no indication of what his major was in his bio.

    Christen also hasn't played since December 5th, a one point loss to Memphis, due to an undisclosed illness. He only played in 9 games his senior year. That may be a very big factor in where he might play.
    Could he seek a redshirt for last year? Assume no way he'd have 2 yrs. left to play at UofL, right?

Top