Charles Bassey Reclassifying to play for WKU?

Page 2 of Sounds like the #3 player in 2019 may be reclassifying to 2018 to play for WKU. This is from Kentucky Prep Report on twitter. "From everything we ... 25 comments | 10384 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,474

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    I know I've heard this is apparently accepted practice but it just seems a little off to me. Not saying that it doesn't happen a lot, but it just wouldn't sit well with me. Did the "new coach" get a signing bonus? What was his prior employment? All questions I feel are better left not being questioned because of the situation created under those circumstances.

    Congrats to the young man and WKU.
    This practice has been going on for decades. The Washington kid at Memphis who missed the free throws against UL in the conference tournament played for Calipari and he had family on the coaching staff brought in when he committed to Memphis. This is an age old practice.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    24,400

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    This practice has been going on for decades. The Washington kid at Memphis who missed the free throws against UL in the conference tournament played for Calipari and he had family on the coaching staff brought in when he committed to Memphis. This is an age old practice.
    Like I said, accepted, but shady. I don't care who's doing it.

  3. #18
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,474

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    Like I said, accepted, but shady. I don't care who's doing it.
    Blame the NCAA.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    WKU is paying his guardian $200k.

  5. #20
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    20,836

    I know it appears that WKU was actually wanting Bassey but it was his coach that they were after. Signing Bassey was just bait and it worked. 🤭

  6. #21
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,117

    There were some interesting folks involved.

  7. #22
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,358

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    There were some interesting folks involved.
    The stories I could tell on this one. Whoooooooo boy...

  8. #23
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,117

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    The stories I could tell on this one. Whoooooooo boy...
    Yep, this one is very interesting.

  9. #24
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,474

    Bassey has been fully cleared by the NCAA. Time to hoop.

    Shout out to my dude @mooremiller31!!!!

    Go Tops!!!!

  10. #25
    mooremiller31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Posts
    1,268

    Sorry to disappoint @Wireman I know how he loves any chance to bash WKU and Stansbury!! ����

  11. #26
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,117

    Quote Originally Posted by mooremiller31 View Post
    Sorry to disappoint @Wireman I know how he loves any chance to bash WKU and Stansbury!! ����
    Nope, not at all.

Top