Braxton Beverly Ineligible at NC State - NOW ELIGIBLE

Page 2 of North Carolina athletics following 18 years of systematic academic fraud, the organization has ruled freshman Braxton Beverly ineligible to play at N.C... 56 comments | 1938 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,683

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Normal fall classes, okay. A few hours in the summer, no way. Pathetic decision by the uncaa
    I would disagree, how is this different than gray shirting?
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    51,244

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    I would disagree, how is this different than gray shirting?
    It's different because his coach was fired and he was screwed by the UNCAA.

  3. #18
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    14,727

    When did Matta get fired and when was he in classes? Did he take them after Thad was released?

  4. #19
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,683

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    It's different because his coach was fired and he was screwed by the UNCAA.
    He choose to go to that school, he choose to take classes early.

  5. #20
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    51,244

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    He choose to go to that school, he choose to take classes early.
    Sometimes common sense needs to be used and if you agree with Beverly being punished, I would argue that you aren't using any.

  6. #21
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,683

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Sometimes common sense needs to be used and if you agree with Beverly being punished, I would argue that you aren't using any.
    He knew the rules, he still made the choices, in order to leave he has to sit, its one year whats the deal.

  7. #22
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    13,668

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    UNCAA.
    Super clever.

  8. #23
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    51,244

    Quote Originally Posted by MentschTrachtGottLacht View Post
    Super clever.
    They will never get any respect from me again.

  9. #24
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    51,244

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    He knew the rules, he still made the choices, in order to leave he has to sit, its one year whats the deal.
    A lot can happen in a year.

  10. #25
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    3,553

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Normal fall classes, okay. A few hours in the summer, no way. Pathetic decision by the uncaa


    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    A lot can happen in a year.
    Will he be NBA-eligible? Or even on the radar?

  11. #26
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    51,244

    Dang I didn't realize how many people hate Braxton Beverly. Not sure what he did to you all. I'm sure you'd feel differently if it was your kid or if he was trying to play at your school.

  12. #27
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    14,727

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Dang I didn't realize how many people hate Braxton Beverly. Not sure what he did to you all. I'm sure you'd feel differently if it was your kid or if he was trying to play at your school.
    I’m only seeing one hater on here?

  13. #28
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    51,244

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    I’m only seeing one hater on here?
    Whatever dude.

  14. #29
    B-Ball-fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Posts
    11,338

    Sometimes I skim through thread titles quickly after clicking "What's New" only stopping if something interesting catches my eye, therefore "Braxton Beverly Ineligible at NC State" was read by my head as "Braxton Brewery Ineligible at NC State" before I took a closer look, so my first thought was "They've been rather successful locally, why do they care if NC State has rejected them as I'm sure they'll find plenty more places to sell their beer".

    That's all...carry on...

    Truly though, been following Braxton Beverly since he scored 24 points as a 7th grader at the Sweet 16, so it's not a case of not knowing who he was, but up here in Covington, Braxton Beer is everywhere now, so I think that in recent months the word Braxton will first trigger beer in my mind before basketball.

    I'm a big fan of Braxton Beverly, and eager to see how his college b-ball days will go, so I hope that once and for all he can soon get his collegiate career off the ground.

    We now return you back to your regular scheduled programming....

  15. #30
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    51,244

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Whatever dude.
    Misunderstanding. My bad @TAC

Top