ADIDAS says "Rick knew!"

  1. #1
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    44,247

    ADIDAS says "Rick knew!"

    Evidence suggests Rick Pitino was 'aware and supported' recruiti - WDRB 41 Louisville News

    LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) – Adidas has asked a federal judge to dismiss former University of Louisville men’s basketball coach Rick Pitino’s lawsuit against the apparel maker, arguing evidence suggests Pitino was “both aware and supported the scheme” to pay players.

    Pitino sued Adidas in October and claimed he was damaged by the company’s “outrageous conduct in conspiring to funnel money to the family of a college basketball recruit.” The FBI is leading a federal investigation into college basketball recruiting that was made public in a criminal complaint in September.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    47,510

    This will be quite the legal battle. Will be interesting to follow.

    And Rick definitely knew.

  3. #3
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    44,247

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    This will be quite the legal battle. Will be interesting to follow.

    And Rick definitely knew.
    Agree, this is about ADIDAS trying to position themselves in a "Positive" position in the lawsuit Rick has filed against them. IMO Rick is stupid for suing ADIDAS, just more rocks getting turned over that he probably would rather not be turned over.

  4. #4
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    47,510

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Agree, this is about ADIDAS trying to position themselves in a "Positive" position in the lawsuit Rick has filed against them. IMO Rick is stupid for suing ADIDAS, just more rocks getting turned over that he probably would rather not be turned over.
    Rick is suing adidas because he knows he isn’t getting his money from UofL.

  5. #5
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    63,407

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Rick is suing adidas because he knows he isn’t getting his money from UofL.
    Probably right.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    1,696

    Is Pitino this stupid that he doesn't think Adidas can provide proof that he knew and was in on it?

  7. #7
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    20,374

    Suing Adidas was not the smart thing to do for Pitino. They’re not going to let him off the hook and be the only bad guy, plus pay him money from a lost lawsuit. There’s probably going to be a lot more dirt exposed that even Rick has forgotten about and will wish he hadn’t unearthed.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    C'BURG
    Posts
    6,456

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Rick is suing adidas because he knows he isn’t getting his money from UofL.
    Suing UL always made more sense to me. Both parties involved in the suit would have ample reason to make this go away as quickly and quietly as possible.

    No way either Rick or UL allows the case to go to court out of fear over what else could come to light.

    UL has a lot more to lose going forward than Pitino.

    Suing Adidas just never really made sense to me.

  9. #9
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    47,510

    Quote Originally Posted by MBWC41 View Post
    Suing UL always made more sense to me. Both parties involved in the suit would have ample reason to make this go away as quickly and quietly as possible.

    No way either Rick or UL allows the case to go to court out of fear over what else could come to light.

    UL has a lot more to lose going forward than Pitino.

    Suing Adidas just never really made sense to me.
    I agree that suing adidas is an incredibly bad look (read: stupid) on Pitino and one he is likely to lose.

  10. #10
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    44,247

    I think this closes the door on Rick ever coaching again.

  11. #11
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    52,033

    Of course he knew. And he knew about everything else too.

    Legal disclaimer: My opinion of course

  12. #12
    Bluto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 10
    Location
    You were NOT hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land-mass!!
    Posts
    14,351

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Of course he knew. And he knew about everything else too.

    Legal disclaimer: My opinion of course
    Good enough for me!

  13. #13
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    3,761

    This is the least shocking thing ever. I believe that all these coaches no everything when it comes to these big time programs. They may not know down to every last little details of how it plays out, but they know big picture what is going on.

  14. #14
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    28,502

    More difficulty sleeping for Adidas colleges and coaches.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Posts
    295

    This situation will be very interesting in the coming months when all involved start making deals and pleas to stay out of prison. I think we will see that the shoe companies have been paying players in one way or another for quite some time. It's interesting to me that it was reported that Nike had upped the ante to the Bowen family and then Adidas had to counter offer. It was assumed that Bowen would sign with Michigan State, a Nike school. When he signed with Louisville, it was reported that the Spartan coaching staff was very surprised. I sure there were.

Top