6 teams to receive notice of allegations!

Page 2 of I'm reading that at least 6 teams will receive notice of allegations based on information derived from the FBI investigation and subsequent trial testi... 22 comments | 1686 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    C'BURG
    Posts
    6,596

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Hopefully all of the schools tell the NCAA to kick rocks and make it as difficult as possible.
    This times 1000.

    UNC paved the way for dealing with the NCAA and anyone who doesn’t follow that blueprint is an absolute fool.

    Honestly, after the way UL was treated last time for being honest, I’d find someone else to root for if they cooperated with another investigation.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,904

    Haven’t heard the news but I’m sure UNC and Kansas will get off.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,302

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Bowen was never "officially" on the team, and never played.

    Where did you hear this?
    What was the recruit that the UL assistant was terminated over and Pitino eventually got fired over. Understood he enrolled on scholly but was held out and later transferred to SC and subsequentally withdrew and playing Euro.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    10,774

    Brian Bowen?

  5. #20
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,583

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldercoach View Post
    What was the recruit that the UL assistant was terminated over and Pitino eventually got fired over. Understood he enrolled on scholly but was held out and later transferred to SC and subsequentally withdrew and playing Euro.
    Bowen. As Getslow said, if this first round is about eligibility, that doesn’t apply to Louisville/Bowen because he never stepped foot on the court and isn’t enrolled.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,302

    Quote Originally Posted by Getslow View Post
    There are no eligibility issues for the NCAA to review because he never played a single minute at UofL. There are only possible recruiting violations.
    Makes sense. Stand corrected.

  7. #22
    Oldbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    Fort Thomas, KY
    Posts
    24,521

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Bowen. As Getslow said, if this first round is about eligibility, that doesn’t apply to Louisville/Bowen because he never stepped foot on the court and isn’t enrolled.
    I listened to Gary Parrish and Matt Norelander's Eye on College Basketball and neither of them brought up that they thought the first 6 were all eligibility issues.

  8. #23
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    In Lothlorien, where the trees bore flowers of gold and no evil thing ever dared come.
    Posts
    22,993

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldbird View Post
    I listened to Gary Parrish and Matt Norelander's Eye on College Basketball and neither of them brought up that they thought the first 6 were all eligibility issues.
    It was the NCAA VP of Regulatory Affairs. Told CBS yesterday that the six schools were dealing with eligibility issues. If that's the case, it's not Louisville this time. If that's not true, then Louisville could be among them.

    I definitely wouldn't put it past the NCAA to not know what they were talking about with regard to their own investigations.

Top