War protesters ?

Page 8 of Originally posted by ram95 I didn't call you names Sideliner. At least I didn't mean to, I was refering to the placard holders and the people who march... 122 comments | 19991 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Should the protesters, or are they

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Should they keep quiet and back the USA ?

    10 17.86%
  • Are they traitors to the USA ?

    9 16.07%
  • They do not understand what is going on

    25 44.64%
  • They have a legitimate reason

    12 21.43%
  1. #106

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Originally posted by FlagetRocks
    these people should be protesting Saddam not Bush. If war was all Bush wanted then he would have invaded a long time ago. He has done everything everyone has asked, including now going to the UN a SECOND time. Bush is not the problem, and that is what angers me about the protesters
    I don't think anyone here, or involved in the protests are saying they support Sadaam. I think what they're protesting is the fact that although we may go in and obliterate Iraq, it will in no way resolve this issue. I don't think they're personnally protesting Bush. They're protesting the action he is taken. As with any group of people, some people are unable to separate personal feelings about an individual with whom they disagree, and their feelings about the isssue on which they diagree.

    Again, I think that the issue with Sadaam could have been resolved at anytime in the past, and could be right now, without going to war, if that's what the sole purpose of this action is. And please, do not tell me that this government does not take action, or support action by "underground" resources to take care of it's "problems". There are a lot of "covert" things that happen of which we as citizens have no idea.
    Advertisement

  2. #107

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Originally posted by Sideliner
    It may surprise you to find out that there are Loyal Americans who genuinely disagree with the administration on this issue and
    have every right to be heard........and Im pretty **** sure im not a "Communist Sympathizer"....I spent a lot of the late 70s and 80s as a participant in a few places that "I Never Was", defending this Country. . (as opposed to reading about them or watching them being portrayed by Charlton Heston and "the Duke", who were never in the military)
    I would hope that when our government asks for the lives of our sons in defense of this Great country.........it will be because we are accomplishing something other than ....."Gol Durn it, boys, the U.S needs to "win one", and Im pretty sure it will help folks forget the hardship of $2.00 gasoline, no jobs and the worst economy since "the Great Depression", and re-elect me, anyway.
    That isnt worth even ONE of our sons lives.
    Bin- Laden and Al-Quaeda ARE threats......isnt it time we focused on deterring them?? (notice I didnt say STOP them, because terrorism has been with us since time began..and will be here when it ends)


    Bin- Laden is pleased we are ridding the world of Sadaam. The Islamic Fundamentalists see him as being a "loose cannon" and an Islamic "Infidel"and the reason for Western intervention in their part of the world and lives. Iraq is a mere "Paper Tiger"compared to the REAL threat of Iran, Lybia, China and N. Korea.


    I hope our Government will do more than issue "panic warnings" to a populace that deserves much more than being "stampeded" into plastic and duct tape purchases. there are PRESSING threats out there without creating them to distract us for Political purposes.
    I agree. I am not a Communist Sympathizer, I am not an anarchist, I am not a traitor. I am, and the protesters are, simply trying to stop the needless loss of lives and point out that we feel there is a much larger issue at hand that is being shadowed by the current push for war. I can't help but feel that this is an attempt to regain our image of power after 9/11. We have not been able to ferret out Bin-Laden, and it's been a year and a half. Now we must look to find other ways to re-establish our image of invincibility, and we're pushing for a war with an oppressed country to do it. Yes, the people of Iraq are oppressed. Yes, Sadaam needs to be dealt with, but at the cost of the lives of the oppressed and our patriots? I don't think so.


    The in-fighting of our own citizens is exactly one of the goals of terrorism. They have already won one battle-they've left us fearful of their next move, and we are reacting just as they would hope. What does one do when backed into a corner and they feel there's no way out? The adreneline rush kicks in and they try to come out kicking and clawing. But, eventually the rush wears off and you're left weak, lacking energy and defenseless. Metaphorically speaking, this is what they are doing to us. And, they've already planted the seeds of the destruction of our unity as a nation.
    Again, I agree. Panic warnings do nothing more than to serve as catalysts in gaining support for the war. I'm sorry, but I will say again....there is no amount of duct tape that can save us from another attack, even if it's a chemical attack. They've won if we live in fear of our lives on a daily basis, seal ourselves into our homes and hope to survive. But, what if we did survive? What of all the other millions who did not? What if their duct tape came unglued and the gas seeped in anyway? What do you do when you need to get more supplies? Do we all walk around in Protective jumpsuits and gas masks? What kind of life is that?

    Governments need to support the erradication of terrorism, not the erradication of a people, or a country. There is terrorism in every country, not just Iraq. There is terrorism among peoples of the same country. There is terrorism in the United States by citizens against citizens. I feel that attacking Iraq with military action is, in essence, our terrorism toward another country. What are we doing? We're making a country's people flee their homes and fear for their lives and their futures.

    Sorry if I don't see it your way, pro-war people. But, I feel I have legitimate reasons to protest a war. And, that's my right as a proud Citizen of the United States of America.

  3. #108

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Originally posted by Sideliner
    again...I disagree....but, Please take a few moments. Write to one or more of these young men. Tell them you appreciate them. They are risking their lives..whether we agree or not....and they deserve to be told we are thinking of them.
    We Wont ever agree on the "Politics " of this action.....but we MUST agree on the support our sons deserve.
    Take it from me, it means a lot to have someone take time to write and just say "we know youre there"
    Can you post a link to get information as to how to go about finding the address to which we can send our letters?

  4. #109
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Originally posted by Sideliner
    again...I disagree....but, Please take a few moments. Write to one or more of these young men. Tell them you appreciate them. They are risking their lives
    Siderliner I have six cousins in the military, one more that is at the Air Force Academy. Of the six enlisted cousins I don't know were 4 of them are right now because it is classified. I don't need a website to find soldiers to write too, I email them direct because we share the same blood and if it weren't for medical reasons I found I had during the MEPS process I would likely be an Officer myself right now.

    I took care of my ailiing Grandfather during the last year of his life. He was a combat Engineer in the 171st engineers from Normandy to Berlin, you will never hear anything about his unit because of the 1000 boys that left Colorado Springs Camp Carlson only 27 came home alive. Most of them died at a bridge at some town called Remagden or something. Towards the end of his life he had nightmares that only allowed him to sleep a couple of hours a night. He told me about how he had to kill bridge guards using piano wire and a bayonet so he could set explosives. How it smelled when they used flamethrowers to clear a pillbox. What happened when he was walking upstairs when they where clearing a building and a German boy no more then 14 or 15 years old came down pointing a gun at him.

    I may never have fought for my country and I may never be allowed to, but I do understand the sacrifice that these people on both sides face. I was one on here that told people to chill out and wait earlier. But in my opinion time is up. I think it is healthy for people to have differing opinions than mine, I just think they need to protest responsibly and not ally with groups that want to violently overthrow the US government.

    It seems to me that people are selectively read my post or not reading them at all because I clearly stated that there are legit reasons to protest the war. I didn't call or imply that anyone here WAS a Communist. I just don't agree with legit protesters allying themselves with subsersive groups. Sorry if you don't understand my meaning, but thats ok it is a free country. My Grandfathers, father and cousins saw/are seeing to that.

  5. #110
    Sideliner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Eastern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,008

    Originally posted by rockmom
    Can you post a link to get information as to how to go about finding the address to which we can send our letters?
    Unfortunately, the list of addresses usually is published on a local basis..and sometimes ..not at all.
    If you know folks that have family in the military...ask....ask local newspapers....friends..family......
    If you could see the disappoint ment on faces when a Young soldiers friends are opening envelopes, and they walk away with none........................they realize the only lifeline between them and a "sane world somewhere" is (for this day).....not working.

  6. #111
    FlagetRocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Et unam, sanctam, catholicam, et, apostolicam Ecclesiam
    Posts
    3,977

    Originally posted by rockmom
    I agree. I am not a Communist Sympathizer, I am not an anarchist, I am not a traitor. I am, and the protesters are, simply trying to stop the needless loss of lives and point out that we feel there is a much larger issue at hand that is being shadowed by the current push for war. I can't help but feel that this is an attempt to regain our image of power after 9/11. We have not been able to ferret out Bin-Laden, and it's been a year and a half. Now we must look to find other ways to re-establish our image of invincibility, and we're pushing for a war with an oppressed country to do it. Yes, the people of Iraq are oppressed. Yes, Sadaam needs to be dealt with, but at the cost of the lives of the oppressed and our patriots? I don't think so.

    Most of the protesters are protesting Bush, he is not at fault. Shouldnt they be protesting Saddam for not doing what the UN has demanded?

    How do you know that Bin-Laden is still alive?

    Saddam needs to be dealt with???????? Of course he does and do you think he will go peacefully? Of course not. You cannot use logic when talking about people like Bin Laden and Saddam. These people are radicals who do not listen to reason. Bush has done everything that has been asked. Its time to go in there and get him out. You people who are protesting also act like our aim is to kill as many innocent civilians as possible. Sure some will die and I promise he will use them as shields to make us look worse. But it is not our goal to kill innocent people. Perhaps we will lose some of our "patriots," but everyone of them JOINED the army knowing that might happen and willing to pay that price. That is why it is the greatest army in the world. Im sorry Rockmom, but their is no other way to do what you say we should do, then with force. Without struggle there is no progress. If you HONESTLY have the best interests of our nation and the Iraqi nation at heart, then you would support a government change and our efforts to do so, keeping in mind that he is only going to go if forced out. Again this is not a logical person and cant be "talked out" with negotiations.

    And to think that this is an image thing, is pretty insulting to our military and government.


    let me remind you of something that was said....

    After all that has just passed -- all the lives taken, and all the possibilities and hopes that died with them -- it is natural to wonder if America's future is one of fear. Some speak of an age of terror. I know there are struggles ahead, and dangers to face. But this country will define our times, not be defined by them. As long as the United States of America is determined and strong, this will not be an age of terror; this will be an age of liberty, here and across the world. (Applause.)

    Great harm has been done to us. We have suffered great loss. And in our grief and anger we have found our mission and our moment. Freedom and fear are at war. The advance of human freedom -- the great achievement of our time, and the great hope of every time -- now depends on us. Our nation -- this generation -- will lift a dark threat of violence from our people and our future. We will rally the world to this cause by our efforts, by our courage. We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail. (Applause.)

    It is my hope that in the months and years ahead, life will return almost to normal. We'll go back to our lives and routines, and that is good. Even grief recedes with time and grace. But our resolve must not pass. Each of us will remember what happened that day, and to whom it happened. We'll remember the moment the news came -- where we were and what we were doing. Some will remember an image of a fire, or a story of rescue. Some will carry memories of a face and a voice gone forever.

    And I will carry this: It is the police shield of a man named George Howard, who died at the World Trade Center trying to save others. It was given to me by his mom, Arlene, as a proud memorial to her son. This is my reminder of lives that ended, and a task that does not end. (Applause.)

    I will not forget this wound to our country or those who inflicted it. I will not yield; I will not rest; I will not relent in waging this struggle for freedom and security for the American people.

    The course of this conflict is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them. (Applause.)

    Fellow citizens, we'll meet violence with patient justice -- assured of the rightness of our cause, and confident of the victories to come. In all that lies before us, may God grant us wisdom, and may He watch over the United States of America.

  7. #112

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Originally posted by FlagetRocks
    Most of the protesters are protesting Bush, he is not at fault. Shouldnt they be protesting Saddam for not doing what the UN has demanded?

    How do you know that Bin-Laden is still alive?

    Saddam needs to be dealt with???????? Of course he does and do you think he will go peacefully? Of course not. You cannot use logic when talking about people like Bin Laden and Saddam. These people are radicals who do not listen to reason. Bush has done everything that has been asked. Its time to go in there and get him out. You people who are protesting also act like our aim is to kill as many innocent civilians as possible. Sure some will die and I promise he will use them as shields to make us look worse. But it is not our goal to kill innocent people. Perhaps we will lose some of our "patriots," but everyone of them JOINED the army knowing that might happen and willing to pay that price. That is why it is the greatest army in the world. Im sorry Rockmom, but their is no other way to do what you say we should do, then with force. Without struggle there is no progress. If you HONESTLY have the best interests of our nation and the Iraqi nation at heart, then you would support a government change and our efforts to do so, keeping in mind that he is only going to go if forced out. Again this is not a logical person and cant be "talked out" with negotiations.

    And to think that this is an image thing, is pretty insulting to our military and government.


    let me remind you of something that was said....

    After all that has just passed -- all the lives taken, and all the possibilities and hopes that died with them -- it is natural to wonder if America's future is one of fear. Some speak of an age of terror. I know there are struggles ahead, and dangers to face. But this country will define our times, not be defined by them. As long as the United States of America is determined and strong, this will not be an age of terror; this will be an age of liberty, here and across the world. (Applause.)

    Great harm has been done to us. We have suffered great loss. And in our grief and anger we have found our mission and our moment. Freedom and fear are at war. The advance of human freedom -- the great achievement of our time, and the great hope of every time -- now depends on us. Our nation -- this generation -- will lift a dark threat of violence from our people and our future. We will rally the world to this cause by our efforts, by our courage. We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail. (Applause.)

    It is my hope that in the months and years ahead, life will return almost to normal. We'll go back to our lives and routines, and that is good. Even grief recedes with time and grace. But our resolve must not pass. Each of us will remember what happened that day, and to whom it happened. We'll remember the moment the news came -- where we were and what we were doing. Some will remember an image of a fire, or a story of rescue. Some will carry memories of a face and a voice gone forever.

    And I will carry this: It is the police shield of a man named George Howard, who died at the World Trade Center trying to save others. It was given to me by his mom, Arlene, as a proud memorial to her son. This is my reminder of lives that ended, and a task that does not end. (Applause.)

    I will not forget this wound to our country or those who inflicted it. I will not yield; I will not rest; I will not relent in waging this struggle for freedom and security for the American people.

    The course of this conflict is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them. (Applause.)

    Fellow citizens, we'll meet violence with patient justice -- assured of the rightness of our cause, and confident of the victories to come. In all that lies before us, may God grant us wisdom, and may He watch over the United States of America.
    Flaget, I respect what you're saying. And, I've never said that I think that those who are pro-war do not have legitimate reasons for supporting a war. I am just saying that I, personally, feel the way that I have expressed on this thread. And, I'm trying not to take any of your comments personally, but I HONESTLY feel that I speak for what I HONESTLY feel are the best interests of this nation. Because, I am not looking at this nation as an object, but as individual people with their own thoughts, feelings and opinions about this war. I am not about to jump on this or any other bandwagon if I feel there is something amiss about the whole thing. And, I HONESTLY feel that there is something not right about this war. I apologize if I anger you. I'm truly not trying to anger anyone. But, call me a bleeding-heart-liberal, or a tree-hugging pacifist, or a peace-loving-hippie, or anything else. As I state earlier, I am usually in the minority with my views. I can handle it. But, I will continue to support those causes that I HONESTLy feel I can support in good conscience.

    Do you think my heart doesn't break when I think of those lives lost on 9/11, and those families that were destroyed? But, I try to look at what will happen to those those that will be affected by this war as well. My heart breaks for those who are already fleeing their homes, not knowing where they can go to find peace, that will be killed in their homes, killed in combat, lose their loved ones in combat or through attacks.

    I can't apologize for objecting to this war. I just can't find it within myself to push the humanitarian aspect to the back. I just can't do it.


    And, I never meant to insult our government, but on the flip side, I think they're insulting me if the government thinks that I will just blindly be lead into a war without questioning why we're going there.

  8. #113
    Sideliner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Eastern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,008

    Originally posted by ram95
    Siderliner I have six cousins in the military, one more that is at the Air Force Academy. Of the six enlisted cousins I don't know were 4 of them are right now because it is classified. I don't need a website to find soldiers to write too, I email them direct because we share the same blood and if it weren't for medical reasons I found I had during the MEPS process I would likely be an Officer myself right now.

    I took care of my ailiing Grandfather during the last year of his life. He was a combat Engineer in the 171st engineers from Normandy to Berlin, you will never hear anything about his unit because of the 1000 boys that left Colorado Springs Camp Carlson only 27 came home alive. Most of them died at a bridge at some town called Remagden or something. Towards the end of his life he had nightmares that only allowed him to sleep a couple of hours a night. He told me about how he had to kill bridge guards using piano wire and a bayonet so he could set explosives. How it smelled when they used flamethrowers to clear a pillbox. What happened when he was walking upstairs when they where clearing a building and a German boy no more then 14 or 15 years old came down pointing a gun at him.

    I may never have fought for my country and I may never be allowed to, but I do understand the sacrifice that these people on both sides face. I was one on here that told people to chill out and wait earlier. But in my opinion time is up. I think it is healthy for people to have differing opinions than mine, I just think they need to protest responsibly and not ally with groups that want to violently overthrow the US government.

    It seems to me that people are selectively read my post or not reading them at all because I clearly stated that there are legit reasons to protest the war. I didn't call or imply that anyone here WAS a Communist. I just don't agree with legit protesters allying themselves with subsersive groups. Sorry if you don't understand my meaning, but thats ok it is a free country. My Grandfathers, father and cousins saw/are seeing to that.
    In reading this Im reminded of a story Gen. George Patton used to tell...........it gets relayed to most young ROTC and OCS Candidates.....A young reporter once asked him to describe what the heat of Battle was like...his answer was ..."If I stuck my head in a lions mouth, I could tell you about the color of his tongue......as for the rest, you would have to have been there."

  9. #114
    FlagetRocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Et unam, sanctam, catholicam, et, apostolicam Ecclesiam
    Posts
    3,977

    Im not taking personal shots at you but I am simply debating with you thats all.

    BUT

    You still have not adressed any of my questions.

    Even you admit that he should NOT be the ruler of Iraq, how then do that without force?

    Why not protest the person who is at fault here, Saddam? (which non of the previous protests, again organized by extreme leftist parties, have done. The protesting is or has been 95% a anit republican protest, masked in anti war feelings. Thats it. Otherwise people WOULD be protesting Saddam and anit war not Bush. How man signs have you seen that say NO SADDAM as compared to NO BUSH?????)

    How do you not know that we havent killed Bin Laden?

    Did you support all the peace keeping missions in the 90s?

    Lets say we continue to be a peace loving tree huggin (as you say)nation as we were under Clinton, and allow Saddam to mass more weapons and fund more terroist acts (like the killing of jews in the homeland), and then something again happens to America like Sept 11th, will you then be convinced that he should be removed? Or will another massacre of Americans not be enough to convince your bleeding heart, that sometimes there are bad people on this earth. And sometimes they need to be removed from this eart.

    Dont get me wrong, I do admire you willingness to love and be caring of others. But some people do not speak your great (seriously) language. Again, people like Saddam and Bin Laden do not speak your rational tongue. I admire and respect your views but they only work in a perfect world. Some people, no matter how much you try and love them, no matter how much you try and understand them, 1 will wish us harm, 2 will do harm to us 3 will do harm to others......no matter what.
    Last edited by FlagetRocks; Feb 22, 03 at 07:39 AM.

  10. #115

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Even you admit that he should be the ruler of Iraq, how then do that without force?

    I assume you mean I admit he should not be the ruler of Iraq, and you would be correct. To answer, I will refer you back to my last few posts.

    Why not protest the person who is at fault here, Saddam? (which non of the previous protests, again organized by extreme leftist parties, have done. The protesting is or has been 95% a anit republican protest, masked in anti war feelings. Thats it. Otherwise people WOULD be protesting Saddam and anit war not Bush. How man signs have you seen that say NO SADDAM as compared to NO BUSH?????)

    I think that everyone is in agreement that Sadaam has to go. What is there to protest here? And, I believe that it is the perception of pro-war activists that sees it as leftist, anti-republican protest masked in anti-war feelings.


    How do you not know that we havent killed Bin Laden?

    I don't. But how does anyone know we have. Even our own government doesn't know, or isn't telling.



    Did you support all the peace keeping missions in the 90s?

    No, I did not. Wait, let me qualify that statement. No I did not, not in the way that they were carried out.



    Lets say we continue to be a peace loving tree huggin (as you say)nation as we were under Clinton, and allow Saddam to mass more weapons and fund more terroist acts (like the killing of jews in the homeland), and then something again happens to America like Sept 11th, will you then be convinced that he should be removed? Or will another massacre of Americans not be enough to convince your bleeding heart, that sometimes there are bad people on this earth. And sometimes they need to be removed from this eart.

    Let's say we DO go to war and something again happens to America like Sept. 11th, will that convince me that Sadaam himself ordered the action? We'd have to see what evidence there is at that point. Personally, I feel that the liklihood of another attack on America is greater if we do go to war, than if we stepped up our efforts in Homeland Security and finding effective ways to combat terrorism as a whole, with the support of our allies and others.

    And, to just let you know a little about me, I do know that there are bad people on this earth. I just don't think they need to be removed from this earth at the expense of the lives of good, innocent people. And, also, I'm not as convinced as you are that it's my place to remove someone from this earth....I feel that right is reserved for God.

    I don't understand those that wish to harm us, or wish us harm. But, I don't believe 2 wrongs make a right either. I know it's not a perfect world, but I believe it's my place to try to support those efforts that promote peace through harmony, not fear.

  11. #116
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Originally posted by Sideliner
    In reading this Im reminded of a story Gen. George Patton used to tell...........it gets relayed to most young ROTC and OCS Candidates.....A young reporter once asked him to describe what the heat of Battle was like...his answer was ..."If I stuck my head in a lions mouth, I could tell you about the color of his tongue......as for the rest, you would have to have been there."
    Thats a great quote but has nothing to do with what I am talking about. I was a ROTC Cadet and I know that means diddly squat when it comes to understanding war. But as a person that listened to what my grandfather went through, calmed him down through the night sweats and the screams, had to get the rifle and guns out of the house, I am an expert on how that effected him and me. I may never know combat but I do know the effect it has on the survivors. That was what I am saying. I am sure that means nothing to you, but it means a lot to me.

    I will never be a soldier, but I am still entitled to my opinion as an informed American, last time I checked combat vets, rear echelon troops and civilians all still had the same rights. I respect vets, more than you will ever know, I was raised by them, surrounded by them all my life and cared for them as they cared for me. I tried to join up myself, but that was not meant to be. I did volunteer thats the best I could do.

    Besides my Grandpa hated Patton, he always said he would rather have shoot him then alot of Germans he was kidding, I think...

  12. #117
    yellow bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Like I could put it on the internet
    Posts
    79

    Isn't it amazing how on our TVs and in our magazines and newspapers we see nothing but protesters, when, in reality, the vast majority of the world has the common sense to support us. I am ready to organize a Bush supporting, pro-war, anti-Saddam rally. I seriously wish someone would do that.

    Anyone out there who is protesting a war should send their ignorant protests to Iraq, not America. Tell Saddam to abide by the U.N. resolutions he signs onto and (despite the maniac dictator that he is) we would not have to go destroy him.

    America has the power and therefore the responsibility to do good for this world. It is amazing how we also never hear media coverage of all of the countries supporting our postion on Iraq- like Romania for example. Here's a country that has been through years of oppression. Ask them what it's like. They know how the Iraqi people feel, so they support us. Not to mention the fact that Saddam poses a very real threat to not only his own people, but the entire world.

    Another interesting point: 40 years ago U.S. ambassador Adlia Stevenson went to the U.N. and presented grainy U-2 photos that the U.S. said were ballistic missles that the Russians had placed in Cuba. The blurry white darts on the photo could very well have been painted steel pipes. But they were not - AND THE WHOLE WORLD DID NOT QUESTION THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA BECAUSE THEY KNEW WE WERE "THE GOOD GUYS".

    Nowadys we can't get the world to believe a darn thing. Everybody's a skeptic. Do they really think George Bush would go to war without solid evidence. Well, those protesters (and France and Germany) may be in the middle of Saddam's mushroom cloud one day.

    But hopefully they will not, because hopefully we will go to war with or without them. And thank God for Tony Blair. He's taking some real heat and still standing next to us - let's hope he is steadfast for the next few months.

  13. #118

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Ft. Mitchell Ky
    Posts
    21,150

    Originally posted by yellow bird
    Tell Saddam to abide by the U.N. resolutions he signs onto and (despite the maniac dictator that he is) we would not have to go destroy him.
    I agree, I said this last week, out of all these protest, even in the USA, NONE of them had a sign telling Saddam to disarm to avoid war! Every sign was against the USA going to war to do what is just! They ( the protesters ) think we only want war, they need to wake up and get a clue. Saddam has snubbed his noise at the UN and the world for 12 years now, NEVER abiding by any UN resolution. If they would review world history there is an errie similarity to Hitler, no one thought he was that bad of a guy back in the late 20s and early 30s, just imagine all the life that would have been saved if someone would have acted and took him out in the early to mid 30s...

    I would like to see some of these protesters with signs telling Saddam to do his part to avoid war, this is the 11th hour, the USA and UK will give the UN one last chance to get tough or get out of our way, I am saying if they don't, then the USA and UK will go in within two weeks... and for those nations who did not support us, they can fend for themselves in the future, both militarily and economically!

  14. #119
    FlagetRocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Et unam, sanctam, catholicam, et, apostolicam Ecclesiam
    Posts
    3,977

    havent I been saying that about the protesters?


    And Blair can come live with me anyday.....if the Brits dont want. I appreciate loyalty

    Rockmon, well thought out response, regardless if I agree or not.

    The only part I really wish to challenge, is the to you the "perception" that the protests are anti bush, that in reality they arent. THATS ALL THEY ARE.

    look what the two previous posts above me state. Look at all the signs. THey are all STOP BUSH like he is the one to blame
    Last edited by FlagetRocks; Feb 22, 03 at 07:38 AM.

  15. #120

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Ft. Mitchell Ky
    Posts
    21,150

    Yes FlagetRocks, you also have been saying that all along, and you are right, these protesters act like its all Bushs fault, well this hard-core Democrat says its NOT, I did not vote for Bush. I do NOT agree with Bushs timetable in this issue, if it was up to me we would have liberated Iraq months ago, this shows me the man has patience and is trying to give Iraq as many chances as possibly. But, Saddam has cried wolf too many times, time is up, game is over, (and YES Saddam is playing a game),Give him an ultimatum of 1-2 weeks to go into exile, then its time to move in !!!!!

    MOST of these protesters need to read some history books. History is deemed to repeat itself, unless we finally stand up to dictators, before its too late!!

Top