WWE Royal Rumble 2018

Page 6 of Universal Title match just announced: Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman vs. Kane. Yawn. Keep Kane out of it.... 87 comments | 1836 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I definitely sensed Braun and Brock got a little rougher than they were supposed to get.

    Loved it!!!
    Thats what really made the match, from that point on it got "Real" so to speak.
    Advertisement

  2. #77
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    145,090

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Thats what really made the match, from that point on it got "Real" so to speak.
    I agree and just like Brock and Roman in the past, I wonder if getting extra rough was intended all along and the WWE uses it to create fake heat/interest/etc.

  3. #78

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    For the record I wanted this scenario to play out knowing full well it wouldn't happen.

    Mens Rumble Triple H is entry #30, wins the rumble

    Womens rumble - Stephanie is #30, wins the rumble

    Both of them when a title at Wrestlemania and the authority is back.


    1. that would take away from what the women had earned in getting their rumble match, but maybe one year this can play out as to how they bring the authority back.

  4. #79
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    145,090

    Again, I am sort of new to the WWE the last few years but Triple H and Steph need to stay behind the mic and out of the ring.

  5. #80
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    66,211

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Again, I am sort of new to the WWE the last few years but Triple H and Steph need to stay behind the mic and out of the ring.
    Agreed.

  6. #81
    Pile Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 17
    Posts
    69

    Could be its own thread, but since its about the rumble winners, I'll throw it in here.

    Did anyone else make the connection that the two winners were both......Japanese?! Is that a coincidence? I'm thinking there is some corporate strategy here. Sell about a million Wrestlemania PPV shares in Japan at $70 dollars a pop would generate a lot of money that Vince just used to start the XFL back up. Or, could something be in the works to buy out or partner with New Japan Pro Wrestling. We are seeing more stars that have previously worked in NJPW.

    Im thinking its not just a coincidence.

  7. #82
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    145,090

    Quote Originally Posted by Pile Driver View Post
    Could be its own thread, but since its about the rumble winners, I'll throw it in here.

    Did anyone else make the connection that the two winners were both......Japanese?! Is that a coincidence? I'm thinking there is some corporate strategy here. Sell about a million Wrestlemania PPV shares in Japan at $70 dollars a pop would generate a lot of money that Vince just used to start the XFL back up. Or, could something be in the works to buy out or partner with New Japan Pro Wrestling. We are seeing more stars that have previously worked in NJPW.

    Im thinking its not just a coincidence.
    Agree.

  8. #83

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by Pile Driver View Post
    Could be its own thread, but since its about the rumble winners, I'll throw it in here.

    Did anyone else make the connection that the two winners were both......Japanese?! Is that a coincidence? I'm thinking there is some corporate strategy here. Sell about a million Wrestlemania PPV shares in Japan at $70 dollars a pop would generate a lot of money that Vince just used to start the XFL back up. Or, could something be in the works to buy out or partner with New Japan Pro Wrestling. We are seeing more stars that have previously worked in NJPW.

    Im thinking its not just a coincidence.
    I said it last night as soon as the mens rumble was over. Everybody knew Asuka was going to win the womens rumble.

  9. #84
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,741

    So the rumor I've seen is that Wrestlemania is going to be Rousey's debut in a mixed tag match....Rousey & The Rock vs. HHH & Stephanie. Any truth to that? Has it been confirmed? I don't really follow wrestling anymore so sorry if this is old news.

  10. #85
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    66,211

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    So the rumor I've seen is that Wrestlemania is going to be Rousey's debut in a mixed tag match....Rousey & The Rock vs. HHH & Stephanie. Any truth to that? Has it been confirmed? I don't really follow wrestling anymore so sorry if this is old news.
    I think the Triple H & Stephanie part is very likely. I'm not sure about The Rock, though. I am sure that WWE would love that, but it will probably be hard for The Rock to get clearance to wrestle.

    If they go with a mixed match tag, I see Ronda's likely partner being Kurt Angle or Braun Strowman.

  11. #86
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,741

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    I think the Triple H & Stephanie part is very likely. I'm not sure about The Rock, though. I am sure that WWE would love that, but it will probably be hard for The Rock to get clearance to wrestle.

    If they go with a mixed match tag, I see Ronda's likely partner being Kurt Angle or Braun Strowman.
    The rumor I saw said the holdup was whether or not Johnson could get the green light from the film deals he's got to do it. Liability concerns of injury or something.

    As an aside, if the WWE tries to make Rousey a face, I think they're screwing up majorly. She's PERFECT for a major heel IMO.

  12. #87
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    66,211

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    The rumor I saw said the holdup was whether or not Johnson could get the green light from the film deals he's got to do it. Liability concerns of injury or something.

    As an aside, if the WWE tries to make Rousey a face, I think they're screwing up majorly. She's PERFECT for a major heel IMO.
    I think The Rock was injured while wrestling when he was getting ready to make the movie Hercules. That has caused studios to put some pressure on him to make out-of-ring appearances only. That's why I doubt he wrestles.

    I think WWE will make her a face initially, simply because everyone is going to cheer her for being there. In time, though, I look for them to turn her heel.

  13. #88
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    The Bat Cave
    Posts
    20,735

    I think if the Rock is a no go then the rumor I've heard is that Braun Strowman would be Rousey's partner.

Top