Raw June 5th

  1. #1
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    Wrigley Field
    Posts
    17,736

    Raw June 5th

    Anyone watch Monday Night Raw last night?

    It was kinda boring honestly. I thought the segment with Joe and Heyman was good, it was just another way for Lesnar to be brought back to TV. Anyone ready to see Lesnar treat Joe like a rag doll?

    Alexa Bliss is probably the best heel diva WWE has. like her or not.

    time for Enzo and Cass to break it off. lots of speculation over the past week that Enzo's attacker could be none other than Big Cass...

    I suspect Kurt Angle won't be GM very long....Possibly longer than Foley but not that long....Especially with Stephanie fixing to return to TV.

    I'm tired of seeing Ambrose and Miz always fighting for the IC Championship or any title for that matter

    Overall, Raw was probably a C, maybe B.


    Thoughts?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Rick Rude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    305

    Quote Originally Posted by All State Baseball View Post
    Anyone watch Monday Night Raw last night?

    It was kinda boring honestly. I thought the segment with Joe and Heyman was good, it was just another way for Lesnar to be brought back to TV. Anyone ready to see Lesnar treat Joe like a rag doll?

    Alexa Bliss is probably the best heel diva WWE has. like her or not.

    time for Enzo and Cass to break it off. lots of speculation over the past week that Enzo's attacker could be none other than Big Cass...

    I suspect Kurt Angle won't be GM very long....Possibly longer than Foley but not that long....Especially with Stephanie fixing to return to TV.

    I'm tired of seeing Ambrose and Miz always fighting for the IC Championship or any title for that matter

    Overall, Raw was probably a C, maybe B.


    Thoughts?
    I could watch Alexa Bliss wrestle
    for hours.....I love her!!!!!

  3. #3
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    61,932

    The opening Bray/Roman match was really good, and I enjoyed the Miz/Ambrose stuff, as well as Joe/Heyman.

    Agree on Alexa. She's super gifted on the mic & improving in the ring.

    Raw's biggest deficiency is not having the Universal Champion on the show very often.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 12
    Posts
    474

    Was able to watch some for first time in a while and a little Tuesday night as well. I'll be honest, the split stinks. I'm not sure who's on what show and just a lot of filler. With almost everyone healthy you could have a nice three hour show on Raw and not have a part timer as champ. If split stays, take Raw to two hours.
    Question: what happened to "the big guy"? Did he leave or was he dumped?

  5. #5
    I gotta go to work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    1,669

    The segment with Corey Graves and Kurt Angle was interesting. Could be a big program setting up for SummerSlam. Maybe something getting Angle back in the ring?
    Lower on the card but I love the vintage Goldust stuff.
    I like Brock, but he does need to be on more. This is the last year of his deal and rumor is he will be working more dates in the latter part of the year and the build to next years WrestleMania. July PPV, he'll be at Summer Slam in August. I'd imagine he'll do at least one of the two PPV in Sept/Oct. Survivor Series, Rumble, Mania. Rumored he'll have matches against Stroman, Rollins, Balor, and Wyatt leading up to Reigns.

    Miz vs Ambrose does nothing for me and has been off and on since January. Ambrose gets his rematch and then that feud is over thankfully.

    As far as Smackdown goes, Jinder as champ is new and fresh although he is getting little reaction from crowds. And I hate the anti American gimmick. Way over done in the past. The Breezango fashion files are the highlight of the show. Glad those two guys are getting a minor push. Wish they would do more with Dolph. He should be a main event star but bad booking.

  6. #6
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    61,932

    Quote Originally Posted by dpeevh View Post
    Question: what happened to "the big guy"? Did he leave or was he dumped?
    He requested a release & they granted it. He wanted more money & wasn't happy with how his creative was handling his character.

  7. #7
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    61,932

    Quote Originally Posted by I gotta go to work View Post
    The segment with Corey Graves and Kurt Angle was interesting. Could be a big program setting up for SummerSlam. Maybe something getting Angle back in the ring?
    Lower on the card but I love the vintage Goldust stuff.
    I like Brock, but he does need to be on more. This is the last year of his deal and rumor is he will be working more dates in the latter part of the year and the build to next years WrestleMania. July PPV, he'll be at Summer Slam in August. I'd imagine he'll do at least one of the two PPV in Sept/Oct. Survivor Series, Rumble, Mania. Rumored he'll have matches against Stroman, Rollins, Balor, and Wyatt leading up to Reigns.

    Miz vs Ambrose does nothing for me and has been off and on since January. Ambrose gets his rematch and then that feud is over thankfully.

    As far as Smackdown goes, Jinder as champ is new and fresh although he is getting little reaction from crowds. And I hate the anti American gimmick. Way over done in the past. The Breezango fashion files are the highlight of the show. Glad those two guys are getting a minor push. Wish they would do more with Dolph. He should be a main event star but bad booking.
    Agree with most of what you say & disagree with a couple things.

    Definitely agree on the Graves/Angle thing. I hope the payoff is worthy of the build-up, instead of this just being Stephanie McMahon (which is what I fear). I do think it will lead to Angle getting back in the ring, with his opponent most likely being Triple H.

    Agree also on Goldust. This seems like his last hurrah, so I'm glad they're giving him some time.

    Also agree on Brock. He undoubtedly is a big draw, but I don't think him being a part-time champion is a doable thing with the brand split. If everyone was together, you could more easily pull it off because both secondary titles would be more of a focal point and on one show. I can't be less interested, though, in a Brock/Reigns match, but it's obvious that this is where Vince is taking us. The two guys who beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania battling it out at Wrestlemania, where Brock will try to put Reigns over. You know, what they originally planned to do at Wrestlemania 31.

    I really like Miz on the mic, but I agree that the feud with Ambrose has worn out its welcome. Move on to someone else.

    I'm not sure where I stand on Jinder, but I agree with the dislike of the anti-American gimmick. That's been played to death.

    LOVE, LOVE the Fashion Files. I wish they would change their tag team name to The Fashion Police instead of Breezango.

    Where I most disagree with you is Dolph. He's a really solid in-ring worker, but he's just a guy that I tire of seeing. I look for Baron Corbin to get that next big push on Smackdown. Maybe Rusev too.

Top