Gennady Golovkin

  1. #1
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,256

    Gennady Golovkin

    If you get a chance to watch this guy fight it will remind you what boxing can be. 33-0 with 30 knockouts. You should be able to see his most recent fight on HBO. The guy likes to attack and is always in the phone booth.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Big time performance by GGG. I love that he told the world he let his opponent hang around a few rounds just to put on a good show for his fans lol

  3. #3
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,256

    Pretty cool when you can google "GGG" to find info about yourself. I love his attacking style. Too many belts in boxing, Jermain Taylor has a middleweight belt and he's in jail.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    The First Family of Wrestling
    Posts
    108

    The problem is that the bigger name fighters are going to duck this guy for the next 2 years. Dude has too much juice in his hands for anyone established to get in the ring with him right now.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    pikeville
    Posts
    13,078

    Triple G can argue for a spot at the top of the pound for pound rankings. I love watching his fights, unfortunately he is the best boxer no one has heard of. So much talent, especially in the two bombs he has as hands.

  6. #6
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,256

    Too bad he's 34. He's a hidden treasure.

  7. #7
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    I have watched probably 25 boxing matches since the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight.

    Rumors of boxing's demise have been greatly exaggerated. The sport is still pretty awesome. Force yourself to watch...there are some really good boxers out there.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    pikeville
    Posts
    13,078

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    I have watched probably 25 boxing matches since the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. Rumors of boxing's demise have been greatly exaggerated. The sport is still pretty awesome. Force yourself to watch...there are some really good boxers out there.
    I've watched almost all the NBC Premier Boxing fights and some others here lately. I've always loved boxing and hate to see it fade out but I think the NBC thing is the best thing that's happened to them in sometime. To date I've watched Adrian Broner, Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, and some of the other great fighters of today. That's what the sport needs, it's top fighters showcased to the common fan.

  9. #9
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Quote Originally Posted by dolamite View Post
    I've watched almost all the NBC Premier Boxing fights and some others here lately. I've always loved boxing and hate to see it fade out but I think the NBC thing is the best thing that's happened to them in sometime. To date I've watched Adrian Broner, Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, and some of the other great fighters of today. That's what the sport needs, it's top fighters showcased to the common fan.
    I guess everyone can't watch HBO and some of these other channels but I recommend going here...every single match is listed daily:

    Upcoming Boxing Matches Schedule 2015

  10. #10
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,256

    The only reason I keep HBO is the boxing, Hard Knocks and Real Sports. The movies are horrific.

  11. #11
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,256

    Watched the replay of his fight from 10/17 vs Lemieux, a TKO in the 8th. 21 straight knockouts, likely a match with Alvarez coming up. The guy is a machine, too bad he's 33.

  12. #12
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,419

    Good God. Triple G is the man. He freaking destroyed an undefeated guy tonight.

    Floyd Mayweather should run from this guy. No worries, he always does.

  13. #13
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,256

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Good God. Triple G is the man. He freaking destroyed an undefeated guy tonight.

    Floyd Mayweather should run from this guy. No worries, he always does.
    Still hasn't been challenged but the guy is dangerous. One hell of an interview. Wish he had a rival, he's no spring chicken.

Top