- Jun 5, 09, 01:37 PM #1
What's to see in Lansing, Mich., and nearby?In a week, I'm heading up north to visit a HS buddy and his family, who live in Lansing. I'll be there for about a week. While there, we'll be catching some minor league baseball in Lansing and in some of the other cities within 1-2 hours from there. May even catch a Tigers game in Detroit.
What is there to see in Lansing, and nearby? Specifically, I'm looking for interesting sights for photography, good spots for bird-watching especially, as avian photography has become a hobby.
We've also talked about a day trip to the UP. What's to see up there?Advertisement
- Jun 5, 09, 01:40 PM #2
Tell him I said hey!
- Join Date
- Jan 07
- Home of the 2009 Girls 8th Region Class A Champions!
- Jun 5, 09, 03:36 PM #3
- Jun 5, 09, 03:54 PM #4
- Jun 5, 09, 06:31 PM #5
- Jun 5, 09, 07:36 PM #6
- Jun 5, 09, 10:38 PM #7Jim, catch a Tigers game, and hit the Greektown casino after the game. Comerica is a nice park, also if you can get some pics of Tiger Stadium before it's gone.
- Jun 14, 09, 08:21 AM #8Thanks for the comments, folks. Any other suggestions?
- Jun 14, 09, 09:14 PM #9After posting my Tigers stadium bit, I googled it and there is not much left. I hate to see something that historic being torn down but it couldn't last forever.
- Jun 14, 09, 09:17 PM #10
I stopped by Ann Arbor on the way to Lansing and took some pics of Michigan Stadium.
- Join Date
- May 05
- Black coat, white shoes, black hat, cadillac, yeah the boy's a timebomb!
- Jun 14, 09, 09:45 PM #11Lansing has a minor league team if I remember correctly -maybe the Lug Nuts.
How far is Grand Rapids? The Tigers AA team - the White Caps play there. Nice stadium.