1. #1
    Premium Member All In's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    4,466

    Default Horseshoe Casino and Great American BallPark?

    How far is the Casino from GABP? Will TANK take you to both from Newport. Don't like driving in downtown and always take TANK to Reds games. Wonder if will be able to do the same to the Casino?

  2. #2
    Moderator mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    36,798
    I've always found Cincy to be about as easy a town to drive in as any. Especially when compared to my old stomping grounds of Baltimore and D.C.

    I can't imagine that the casino is very far from the ballpark.

  3. #3
    Premium Member HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Are You Not Entertained?
    Posts
    61,245
    I believe there is a free shuttle that will be running between GABP (Banks side obviously) and the Casino.

  4. #4
    Premium Member Jumpman4004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Looking forward to what life has in store
    Posts
    275
    It is not located very far from GABP... I believe it less than a mile

  5. #5
    Premium Member ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    28,536
    Approximately 13 blocks north and maybe a block or two east.

  6. #6
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    9,700
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I believe there is a free shuttle that will be running between GABP (Banks side obviously) and the Casino.
    There is one for the grand opening tonight, but I don't believe that will be an every day thing.

    I'm sure either TANK or Metro will have a shuttle service setup linking the locations. The casino isn't far from the ball park, but it is a nice little walk.

  7. #7
    Premium Member Birdsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Vetustior Humo!
    Posts
    62,362
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I believe there is a free shuttle that will be running between GABP (Banks side obviously) and the Casino.
    Isn't that just for tonight, because the garage is closed? That's the way I understood it anyway.

    I'm hoping they will run shuttles to the casino from the same places they pick up people for Reds' games -- such as, the stop by Joe's Crab Shack.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    8,722
    One of our BGP members will be dealing craps there. Can't wait to go.

  9. #9
    Moderator mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    36,798
    If I went I would probably be taking craps there.
    HammerTime and Birdsfan like this.

  10. #10
    Premium Member HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Are You Not Entertained?
    Posts
    61,245
    Quote Originally Posted by nees1212 View Post
    There is one for the grand opening tonight, but I don't believe that will be an every day thing.

    I'm sure either TANK or Metro will have a shuttle service setup linking the locations. The casino isn't far from the ball park, but it is a nice little walk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdsfan View Post
    Isn't that just for tonight, because the garage is closed? That's the way I understood it anyway.

    I'm hoping they will run shuttles to the casino from the same places they pick up people for Reds' games -- such as, the stop by Joe's Crab Shack.
    I could be just tonight, my friend said he saw it on some sign downtown. It would be a good idea to have it after Reds games for a few hours.

  11. #11
    Premium Member SportsGuy41017's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Ft. Mitchell Ky
    Posts
    16,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Magic View Post
    One of our BGP members will be dealing craps there. Can't wait to go.
    My favorite game!

  12. #12
    Premium Member All In's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    4,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdsfan View Post
    Isn't that just for tonight, because the garage is closed? That's the way I understood it anyway.

    I'm hoping they will run shuttles to the casino from the same places they pick up people for Reds' games -- such as, the stop by Joe's Crab Shack.


    Will definetly be taking in both many times this summer if there is in fact a shuttle

  13. #13
    Premium Member All In's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    4,466
    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    I've always found Cincy to be about as easy a town to drive in as any. Especially when compared to my old stomping grounds of Baltimore and D.C.

    I can't imagine that the casino is very far from the ballpark.
    Not all about the driving. I DO NOT PAY TO PARK and would rather someone else dealt with the stress of trying to get from one place to another after a game,concert,etc. than myself

  14. #14
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    2,168
    The casino parking garage is free after 6pm and on weekends and after 30 minutes of play for patrons. I think on Reds game days it may be different.

  15. #15
    Premium Member RomanEmpire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    5,770
    Quote Originally Posted by frankdracman23 View Post
    The casino parking garage is free after 6pm and on weekends and after 30 minutes of play for patrons. I think on Reds game days it may be different.
    Also free tonight after midnight.

  16. #16
    Premium Member NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    2008 KHSAA Regional Champs
    Posts
    30,034
    The garage only has 2,500 spots. I would think those would be hard to get on a weekend.

  17. #17
    Administrator swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Citrus Park
    Posts
    19,882
    Sorry, I though this was a Pete Rose thread.