- Jul 5, 12, 03:30 PM #1
50 Best Movies You've Never Seen24 Hour Party People | 50 Best Movies You've Never Seen | Photo 1 of 50 | EW.com
What have you seen? I'm actually surprised about how few of these I've seen.
Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2010) - I only found it to be ok.
Idiocracy (2006) - Didn't really like it.
The Iron Giant (1999) - Not bad.
Love & Basketball (2000) - I really like the movie. But have no idea how it made the list. Comes on basic cable ALL the time.
The Magdalene Sisters (2002) - AMAZING movie.Advertisement
- Jul 5, 12, 03:38 PM #2The Ref was the only one on the list I've seen. Really liked it.
- Jul 5, 12, 03:40 PM #3I plan on watching "Murderball" in the next couple of days.
- Jul 5, 12, 03:41 PM #4The one about the first South Korean serial killer intrigued me the most.
- Jul 5, 12, 03:47 PM #5I've seen a couple:
Fly Away Home
Love and Basketball - I'm very surprised this was on the list as well.
- Jul 5, 12, 03:56 PM #6
- Jul 5, 12, 04:08 PM #7
I have only seen The Ref -liked it
- Join Date
- Aug 11
One I would put on the list is Diggstown(1992). Great boxing / scam artist movie!
Starring Louis Gossett Jr. James Woods, & Bruce Dern
- Jul 5, 12, 04:20 PM #8I've seen:
Idiocracy - Loved it. My type of humor "Oh my balls"
Love and Basketball - Enjoyed it
The Ref - Great movie
Rescue Dawn - I'm a big Christian Bale fan
The Rules of Attraction - Stumbled on it one day...VanDer Beek is pretty good in it. I liked it.
- Jul 5, 12, 05:08 PM #9Originally Posted by PepRock01
- Jul 5, 12, 05:22 PM #10I've seen:
The Iron Giant
Love & Basketball
The Rules of Attraction
- Jul 5, 12, 05:46 PM #11I've seen:
Wendy & Lucy
Eve's Bayou (surprised this was on this list)
Safe Men....love Steven Zahn
Prime....HILARIOUS! Meryl Streep is amazing ...again
Hachi: A dog's tale.. broke my heart
Ghost Dog....I love Forest Whitaker, but this movie sucked
Broken English..Parker Posey...another fav
- Jul 5, 12, 06:19 PM #12
- Jul 5, 12, 07:01 PM #13Put me in for......The Ref and Iron Giant, loved both of them.
- Jul 5, 12, 08:12 PM #14"Backbeat" is the only one I have seen.
- Jul 5, 12, 09:19 PM #15
- Jul 5, 12, 09:45 PM #16If we're talking about seeing them in their entirety...pack me up a couple cases of golden sombreros, as I went the big oh-fer. I have, however seen bits and pieces of Moon, Prime, and The Ref. I don't know if this means I need to get more of a life, in order to see more of these movies...or that I've got a life, and haven't spent a large majority of time in front of the movie/tv screen.
- Jul 5, 12, 09:47 PM #17I've actually seen three of these, which shocked me tremendously.
- Jul 6, 12, 01:45 AM #18
The Ref was the only one I'd seen. It was okay.
- Join Date
- Jul 03
- Northern Ky.
I have seen part of Love and Basketball. Enough to know I didn't want to see any more.
I was amazed at how few of these movies I'd even heard of. Bad list IMO because it seems like every movie was from the last 20 years.
One that should have made the list:
A Walk on the Moon (starred Diane Lane around 2000ish). Good flick, I'm sure most people missed.
Plenty of others I'm sure many on BGP haven't seen because the movie is too old.
- Jul 6, 12, 05:16 AM #19Originally Posted by Jim Schue
- Jul 6, 12, 05:25 AM #20I've seen more of these than I thought I would have seen.
The Ref-liked it a lot
Love and Basketball-it was okay but I'm not into the cult following it has from basketball(former) players. It was made at the right time with the rich people but it is too overly cheesy for me to make it a point to watch it when it comes on. He Got Game was a better basketball flick IMO.
Bamboozled-my sense of humor had me laughing at this one and I never figured out if it was a comedy or a drama. Since it's Spike Lee I just assumed drama. She Hate Me should be the Spike Lee joint on this list.
The Rules of Attraction-it was okay. I was intrigued by Van der Beek's character.
Eve's Bayou-probably my favorite amongst these that I have listed. I watch it when I see it is on.