Your favorite fish sandwich

Page 2 of Where is the best place you prefer to buy a good fish sandwich?... 76 comments | 3539 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    29,372

    Quote Originally Posted by sumoroyal View Post
    Frisch's is one of the best.
    I am with sumo. I have eaten most of the fish sandwichs listed so far and I think Frisch's is the best. Of course, having Frisch's tartar sauce on their fish sandwich is a big advantage.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 09
    Posts
    963

    Arby's new king's Hawaiian deluxe fish is my new Friday at lunch lent sandwich.

  3. #18
    coldweatherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somewhere between the mist and the moonlight
    Posts
    9,745

    In Lexington, Charlie's on Winchester Rd is always good.

  4. #19
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    14,769

    I've tried and enjoyed many on the list above (although Frisch's sandwich being made with 2 separate pieces of fish annoys me), but I'll be the one to say it: I'm still a sucker for two Filet-O-Fish sandwiches from McDonald's for $4.

  5. #20
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    53,960

    Quote Originally Posted by MentschTrachtGottLacht View Post
    I've tried and enjoyed many on the list above (although Frisch's sandwich being made with 2 separate pieces of fish annoys me), but I'll be the one to say it: I'm still a sucker for two Filet-O-Fish sandwiches from McDonald's for $4.
    Can't stand their fish sandwiches.

  6. #21
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    65,142

    My favorite fish sandwich is the one that someone else is eating.

  7. #22
    coldweatherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somewhere between the mist and the moonlight
    Posts
    9,745

    If anyone ever makes it down to the St Pete area, it's really hard to beat a fresh grouper reuben.

    My favorite is at the Brass Monkey in Pass-a-Grille.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    7,951

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    My favorite fish sandwich is the one that someone else is eating.
    I'm with on this. I would add, the hopefully that someone else is not eating that fish sandwich any where near me.

  9. #24
    OlDog75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Sittin' in the stands above the 50 yard line.
    Posts
    9,557

    My favorites are:
    Remke's Market
    Frisch's
    Wendy's
    Cod basket from LJS's

  10. #25
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    29,156

    Quote Originally Posted by coldweatherfan View Post
    If anyone ever makes it down to the St Pete area, it's really hard to beat a fresh grouper reuben.

    My favorite is at the Brass Monkey in Pass-a-Grille.
    I've been staying out of this, because, well, it's just not fair.

    However, since you went there, I'm sure @Run To State will be along with his favorite at some point.

  11. #26
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    53,960

    Quote Originally Posted by coldweatherfan View Post
    If anyone ever makes it down to the St Pete area, it's really hard to beat a fresh grouper reuben.

    My favorite is at the Brass Monkey in Pass-a-Grille.
    I just got back from Florida last week. I love Grouper. Fisherman's Village has a great grouper basket. Also ate at Walt's in Sarasota. Got the Grouper and scallop basket it was great.

  12. #27
    coldweatherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somewhere between the mist and the moonlight
    Posts
    9,745

    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    I've been staying out of this, because, well, it's just not fair.

    However, since you went there, I'm sure @Run To State will be along with his favorite at some point.
    Yum!

    Name:  Grouper.JPG
Views: 229
Size:  26.8 KB

  13. #28
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    29,697

    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    I've been staying out of this, because, well, it's just not fair.

    However, since you went there, I'm sure @Run To State will be along with his favorite at some point.
    Molly Goodheads! Best grouper sandwich I have ever had, hands down! Man, I'm so jonesing for one now!

  14. #29

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,371

    Been years since I had one other than at the Lenten fish frys. Barleycorns had a pretty good fish sandwich at one time.

  15. #30
    coldweatherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somewhere between the mist and the moonlight
    Posts
    9,745

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State View Post
    Molly Goodheads! Best grouper sandwich I have ever had, hands down! Man, I'm so jonesing for one now!
    Been to the one in Palm Harbor. Don't know if there is more than one.

    Catch of the day was Hogfish which is real hard for me to pass up, because you can't get it that often.

    I'll hit up the grouper next time.

Top