Working out 2017

Page 2 of So far I have hit the gym 9 days this year. Each workout has been for over 2 hours, with the exception of one, and that one was for 1:37 minutes. Adver... 151 comments | 6368 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    38,745

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Once, not too long ago, competitive?
    I am in competitions. But I ain't competitive in those competitions as in near finishing in the money I guess it depends upon your definition of "competitive."
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,625

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    I am in competitions. But I ain't competitive in those competitions as in near finishing in the money I guess it depends upon your definition of "competitive."
    The Truth comes out!

  3. #18
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    38,851

    Light day today,just 90 minutes.

  4. #19
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    38,851

    Thursday was 2 hours of cardio and then Saturday was 2 hours 23 min both cardio and weights along with gut work.

  5. #20
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    38,851

    Sunday was workout number 15.It was 2 hours and 2 min of fun.

  6. #21
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    38,851

    Monday 2 hours and 10 minutes. Triceps was the main focus along with cardio.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    687

    i am 34. ive been in a rut for going on a little over two years. in May of 2012 I ran my only half marathon at 205 lbs. im a shade under 5'9". obviously i had been training but my ignorant diet and low self control kept my weight up. Ive always enjoyed the feeling of when I am done running, my self control is weak.

    My daughter was born in January 2013. I saw a picture of myself with her from that day, about a week later and couldnt believe it. You never think youre as bad as you actually look i suppose. That night I started doing pushups and situps until i couldnt physically do anymore. I started lifting the next week 3 nights and running 3 nights. within the year I was under 190. And by November 2014 I weighed 183.

    Fast forward to now, we moved in 2015, had another child, and i have started working more. I havent excercised consistently since we moved. I have my dumbells, and a finished basement but zero desire. Im back up to 215 as of this AM.
    everyday is the same "Ill start tonight" but nothing ever happens. I have a black lab who loves to run and she was my running partner for the two years I was getting it done. Motivation where are you?

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    291

    I got my motivation the day I bent over to tie my shoes and had to draw deep, heavy breaths. *Ticked me off and I haven't looked back.

  9. #24
    TTS_JF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Location
    @ Practice We talking about Practice... Not a game we talking about PRACTICE
    Posts
    3,165

    Started back this morning; I told my wife when we returned from vacation I would get back to it. I started the body beast program this morning. The problem I run into is I need to workout in the morning before work, when I get home after work it's just not going to happen.

  10. #25
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    19,025

    Still out of commission with my back. Hopefully will be able to get back in the gym next week.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    14,838

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Ed View Post
    i am 34. ive been in a rut for going on a little over two years. in May of 2012 I ran my only half marathon at 205 lbs. im a shade under 5'9". obviously i had been training but my ignorant diet and low self control kept my weight up. Ive always enjoyed the feeling of when I am done running, my self control is weak.

    My daughter was born in January 2013. I saw a picture of myself with her from that day, about a week later and couldnt believe it. You never think youre as bad as you actually look i suppose. That night I started doing pushups and situps until i couldnt physically do anymore. I started lifting the next week 3 nights and running 3 nights. within the year I was under 190. And by November 2014 I weighed 183.

    Fast forward to now, we moved in 2015, had another child, and i have started working more. I havent excercised consistently since we moved. I have my dumbells, and a finished basement but zero desire. Im back up to 215 as of this AM.
    everyday is the same "Ill start tonight" but nothing ever happens. I have a black lab who loves to run and she was my running partner for the two years I was getting it done. Motivation where are you?
    Where do you live?

  12. #27
    TTS_JF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Location
    @ Practice We talking about Practice... Not a game we talking about PRACTICE
    Posts
    3,165

    I just finished shoulder workout on body beast, so far I really like it most of the workouts are around 45 minutes. This is key for me being able to get these in before or after work.
    I'm thinking with the workouts some running and eating better to get in better shape

  13. #28
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    38,851

    2 hr 34 min today,with 1.5 hours of cardio.

  14. #29
    TTS_JF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Location
    @ Practice We talking about Practice... Not a game we talking about PRACTICE
    Posts
    3,165

    @newarkcatholicfan

    Do you use any supplements, pre-workouts, etc.

    I've been looking at GNC and I'm not sure which way to go?
    I'm not overweight but would like something to help me tone up and add some muscle definition.

  15. #30
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    38,851

    Quote Originally Posted by TTS_JF View Post
    @newarkcatholicfan

    Do you use any supplements, pre-workouts, etc.

    I've been looking at GNC and I'm not sure which way to go?
    I'm not overweight but would like something to help me tone up and add some muscle definition.
    Just protein powder. You can find anything GNC has online and is cheaper. Most place have free shipping.

Top