What two sides do you prefer with steak?

  1. #1
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,466

    What two sides do you prefer with steak?

    Only two, you bunch of hogs.

    Baked Potato & a Salad for me.

    What about you?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    49,108

    Butter only baked potatoe and Lexingtonian salad!

  3. #3
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,235

    My go to at Texas Roadhouse is house salad with ranch and rice.

  4. #4
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,020

    Great question.

    I apply mine towards eating at a fancy steakhouse. A potato or variety thereof is a must. I will roll with the traditional baked potato with a little salt and pepper. Mixed with bites of steak is hard to beat. For a side, that is all I need. That said, the table normally does a side to share. Brussels sprouts I am a fan of.

  5. #5
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,610

    I'm going to assume that grilled onions are more of a topping.

    Asparagus and corn on the cob if I'm cooking.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,844

    I'm a fries guy, but I always like a good rice pilaf. Caesar salad is my favorite first course with steak.

  7. #7
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    41,842

    Baked potato and a salad - usually ranch dressing, bleu cheese on occasion, or every once in a while a Caesar salad.

  8. #8
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    4,299

    Grilled asparagus and a baked potato if cooking at home. If eating out, normally a salad and baked potato unless I'm eating at Texas Roadhouse in which case I usually get a salad and rice.

  9. #9
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    3,188

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cat View Post
    Grilled asparagus and a baked potato if cooking at home. If eating out, normally a salad and baked potato unless I'm eating at Texas Roadhouse in which case I usually get a salad and rice.
    How do you grill the asparagus? On aluminum foil?

  10. #10
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    7,578

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    Baked potato and a salad - usually ranch dressing, bleu cheese on occasion, or every once in a while a Caesar salad.
    Ditto + sour cream on the baked potato.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,844

    Quote Originally Posted by PP1 View Post
    How do you grill the asparagus? On aluminum foil?
    I use non stick teflon mesh mats to grill vegetables. They are available on amazon.

  12. #12
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,488

    Mashed potatoes and asparagus almost every single time.

  13. #13
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    In Lothlorien, where the trees bore flowers of gold and no evil thing ever dared come.
    Posts
    23,036

    If I'm making it at home, then some sort of potato and a simple vegetable is how it goes.

    Top notch if I'm using my own hands and not a restaurant:

    Steak: seared in cast-iron
    Potatoes au gratin
    Green beans (oof or maybe roasted brussels sprouts... this is a tough one)

  14. #14
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    41,842

    Quote Originally Posted by Getslow View Post
    If I'm making it at home, then some sort of potato and a simple vegetable is how it goes.

    Top notch if I'm using my own hands and not a restaurant:

    Steak: seared in cast-iron
    Potatoes au gratin
    Green beans (oof or maybe roasted brussels sprouts... this is a tough one)
    Ever tried Alton Brown's home-spun "dry-aging" routine for steak? There's a grocery by my house that recently closed up shop, so I got a BUNCH of extremely nice New York Strips on sale for $6.99 a pound. I gave his dry-aging method a shot for the first time about 2 weeks ago, and I've got to admit, it was REALLY good - even just on a gas grill. Finished the steaks off with a little salt & pepper, and a light dust with porcini mushroom powder. Great stuff.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,021

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I'm going to assume that grilled onions are more of a topping.

    Asparagus and corn on the cob if I'm cooking.
    Eating healthy I see.

    If I'm having a beer with it then I will go loaded baked potato and salad(with bacon bits)

    If I'm trying to eat healthy then asparagus and carrots.

Top