What has happened to my Frisch's Big Boy?

Page 4 of Never thought Frisch's would ever mess with this all-time favorite burger. It was just delicious and my "go to" everytime I walked through th... 50 comments | 3702 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    7,527

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    At the end of the day, Frisch's is a fast food joint... What do you expect out of a burger they mass produce daily?
    If that is true, that's a shame. I usually don't consider restaurants with servers to be "fast food". If I were somebody in higher management reading this thread, I'd put an effort together to get quality and consistency back. They need to protect the brand.
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,526

    Quote Originally Posted by nkypete View Post
    If that is true, that's a shame. I usually don't consider restaurants with servers to be "fast food". If I were somebody in higher management reading this thread, I'd put an effort together to get quality and consistency back. They need to protect the brand.
    They have a drive-thru, what's more fast food than that? Steak and Shake has a drive-thru and servers, do you not consider them fast food? Skyline?

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,774

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    At the end of the day, Frisch's is a fast food joint... What do you expect out of a burger they mass produce daily?
    I agree with them being fast food. Except they aren’t fast because you are sitting down and being served, but the quality isn’t appreciably better than “fast food”, and they are more expensive. So they aren’t faster, cheaper, or appreciably better than “regular” fast food joints. That’s why I’ve never been a fan or regular customer of Frisch’s. They just don’t beat anybody at anything by enough of margin to win my business.

  4. #49
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    7,527

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    They have a drive-thru, what's more fast food than that? Steak and Shake has a drive-thru and servers, do you not consider them fast food? Skyline?
    It's as simple to me as having or not having servers. Remember, in some of these places drive-thru windows came later with remodeling. Also, I tend to agree that they aren't very fast in the dining room or through drive-thru. Steak and Shake has got to be the SLOWEST restaurant ever (in all my experiences). Don't go there first if you are in a hurry to make a movie on time. With remodeling, these types of places are losing their original identities by becoming like "the other guy". In doing so, they tend not to do anything well anymore. I understand that businesses need to change with the times, but it takes a certain amount of guts to stick with a model that has worked for years.

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,297

    Quote Originally Posted by nkypete View Post
    " In doing so, they tend not to do anything well anymore".
    Perfectly said, nkypete. This venture capital ownership makes it well known they like to buy distressed restuarant chains and fix them. This usually speaks to increasing the bottom line, unfortunately they are trying to do it by decreasing food costs at the expense of quality. Recipe for disaster.

  6. #51
    The Double Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    885

    Sitting at Frisch's, order their "Italian Spaghetti" (I've long been a fan), and when the bowl comes out I ask the server, "...ma'am, am I crazy or is this portion smaller than it used to be?" She tells me yes, "about half the size", and that change and the new cole slaw are "what all of the regulars gripe about."

    Market research project completed.

Top