What Beer/Wine are you are tasting right now?

  1. #1
    ADopted ADmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
    Posts
    12,055

    What Beer/Wine are you are tasting right now?

    This is a thread about beer/Wine tasting! Tell what beer/wine you are tasting right now. Tell about how it tastes, not how it makes you feel.

    I am having a Franzishaner Weissbier. It has a citrus tan orange look with a citrus taste. Not what I would expect from a German Beer. Has a huge head on it when poured into a glass. It has a really good taste to it, on the light side. Not something I would drink as a favorite, but at the same time, I do not dislike it.
    Advertisement
    Last edited by Birdsfan; Feb 15, 10 at 05:58 PM.

  2. #2
    Lucky Charms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Location
    I'm going to show you how great I am! -Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    8,380

    Bell's - Two Hearted Ale - Its an IPA that has a lot of body and hops aroma. Very good and very smooth.

  3. #3
    ADopted ADmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
    Posts
    12,055

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Charms View Post
    Bell's - Two Hearted Ale
    What kind of taste are you tasting from it? I have never had that one. What color is it?
    Last edited by Birdsfan; Feb 15, 10 at 05:59 PM.

  4. #4
    Lucky Charms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Location
    I'm going to show you how great I am! -Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    8,380

    Quote Originally Posted by ADopted ADmiral View Post
    What kind of taste are you tasting from it?I have never had that one...What color is it?
    Golden.

    Not too many places carry it, at lest to my knowledge. The only 2 places that I know of in NKY is the Wine and Spirits store in South Covington at the bottom of Hands Pike and 3L Highway and the liquor store in Crescent Springs off of Buttermilk Rd next to Sunono gas station.

    Brewed in Kalamazoo, MI.

    www.bellsbeer.com

    The Third Coast Beer is also very good to. Reminds me a lot of Harps.
    Last edited by Lucky Charms; Feb 15, 10 at 05:55 PM. Reason: sp

  5. #5
    ADopted ADmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
    Posts
    12,055

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Charms View Post
    Golden.

    Not too many places carry it, at lest to my knowledge. The only 2 places that I know of in NKY is the Wine and Spirits store in South Covington at the bottom of Hands Pike and 3L Highway and the liquor store in Crescent Springs off of Buttermilk Rd next to Sunono gas station.

    Brewed in Kalamazoo, MI.

    www.bellsbeer.com

    The Third Coast Beer is also very good too. Reminds me a lot of Harps.
    Cool; thanks for the info. Not an import, but a microbrew. Sounds like some good stuff. If I can't get it in Lexington, I am heading your way to try it out.

  6. #6
    Gunner11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    5,489

    2006 Rhys Pinot Noir Falstaff Road Vineyard
    2006 Turley Zinfandel Duarte

  7. #7
    ADopted ADmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
    Posts
    12,055

    Look for the the documentary, "Beer Wars." If you have Netflix you can stream it to the PC. A beer lover's "must see."

  8. #8
    ADopted ADmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
    Posts
    12,055

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner11 View Post
    2006 Rhys Pinot Noir Falstaff Road Vineyard
    2006 Turley Zinfandel Duarte
    I am not a wine taster -- yet; but that sounds awesome. What flavor does it have? Is it red or white? Just trying to learn some new tastes.

  9. #9
    Henry521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    The Team From Fort Thomas AGAIN
    Posts
    8,616

    Tonight I am enjoying Nobilo 2007 East Coast Pinot Gris New Zealand



    I love Kris Pinot Grigio French

    Also my favorite anytime is Cakebread Chardonnay Yummy

  10. #10
    ADopted ADmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
    Posts
    12,055

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry521 View Post
    Tonight I am enjoying Nobilo 2007 East Coast Pinot Gris New Zealand



    I love Kris Pinot Grigio French

    Also my favorite anytime is Cakebread Chardonnay Yummy
    Is that a White or a Red Wine?

  11. #11
    Theoldguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    14,052

    Sam Adams Winter Lager:

    The first thing one notices in a Samuel Adams® Winter Lager is its color: the deep brown of winter. Then comes the magical aroma which promises something special on the tongue. The warm aroma of cinnamon and ginger which blends with the roasty sweetness of the malted barley and hint of citrus from the orange peel. And after that first sip the promise is fulfilled. On the palate Samuel Adams® Winter Lager is rich and full bodied, robust and warming, a wonderful way to enjoy the cold evenings that come with this season.

    Brought home a six pack and it was gone before the night was over. Couldn't believe I had drank all six of them, but them "The Boss" admitted that she drank two of them and she liked it so much, she drove to the store to buy another six pack the next day.

    Now I don't know if it would be a beer I would drink all the time, but it really hit the spot the other weekend.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    C'BURG
    Posts
    6,405

    Quote Originally Posted by ADopted ADmiral View Post
    I am not a wine taster -- yet; but that sounds awesome. What flavor does it have? Is it red or white? Just trying to learn some new tastes.
    The only wine I've ever had was out of a box

    That and some concoction someone at a bowling alley claimed was homemade wine. It was delicious.

  13. #13
    ADopted ADmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
    Posts
    12,055

    Quote Originally Posted by Theoldguy View Post
    Sam Adams Winter Lager:

    The first thing one notices in a Samuel Adams® Winter Lager is its color: the deep brown of winter. Then comes the magical aroma which promises something special on the tongue. The warm aroma of cinnamon and ginger which blends with the roasty sweetness of the malted barley and hint of citrus from the orange peel. And after that first sip the promise is fulfilled. On the palate Samuel Adams® Winter Lager is rich and full bodied, robust and warming, a wonderful way to enjoy the cold evenings that come with this season.

    Brought home a six pack and it was gone before the night was over. Couldn't believe I had drank all six of them, but them "The Boss" admitted that she drank two of them and she liked it so much, she drove to the store to buy another six pack the next day.

    Now I don't know if it would be a beer I would drink all the time, but it really hit the spot the other weekend.
    Sounds Good...I am adding this to my list...

  14. #14
    Lucky Charms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Location
    I'm going to show you how great I am! -Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    8,380

    Quote Originally Posted by ADopted ADmiral View Post
    Sounds Good...I am adding this to my list...
    The Winter Lagar is good. I prefer the Octoberfest or even the Summer Ale though. They are all seasonals and all are pretty tasty.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    10,284

    Quote Originally Posted by Theoldguy View Post
    Sam Adams Winter Lager:

    The first thing one notices in a Samuel Adams® Winter Lager is its color: the deep brown of winter. Then comes the magical aroma which promises something special on the tongue. The warm aroma of cinnamon and ginger which blends with the roasty sweetness of the malted barley and hint of citrus from the orange peel. And after that first sip the promise is fulfilled. On the palate Samuel Adams® Winter Lager is rich and full bodied, robust and warming, a wonderful way to enjoy the cold evenings that come with this season.

    Brought home a six pack and it was gone before the night was over. Couldn't believe I had drank all six of them, but them "The Boss" admitted that she drank two of them and she liked it so much, she drove to the store to buy another six pack the next day.

    Now I don't know if it would be a beer I would drink all the time, but it really hit the spot the other weekend.
    I think I have a couple of those left in my fridge that you can have.

    I've become a fan of wheat beers. The wife picked me up a six pack of Shock Top the other day that was actually pretty good. It's an unfiltered Belgian style beer with a hint of citrus.

    I had a Shiner Blonde at a friend's place this weekend. I love the Shiner Bock, so I figured I'd give it a try. It wasn't bad at all.

    Now I'm getting thirsty.

Tags for this Thread

Top