What Beer/Wine are you are tasting right now?

Page 99 of This is a thread about beer/Wine tasting! Tell what beer/wine you are tasting right now. Tell about how it tastes, not how it makes you feel. I am havi... 1495 comments | 85297 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #1471
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    4,221

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Had some solid beers and great food at Four Peaks Brewery in the Scottdale/Tempe Arizona area this past week. Highly recommend for anyone out that way.
    That can't be true, don't you know they are owned by Anheuser Busch-InBev now.

    I always think it's funny when all the beer snobs loose their minds everytime a macro brewer buys a craft brewery. Like the beer they like is all of a sudden going to be terrible just due to who own's the brand. Funny thing is there seems to be no shortage of them willing to standing in line on Black Friday to try to get a couple of bottles of Goose Island's Bourbon County Brand.
    Advertisement

  2. #1472
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,054

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cat View Post
    That can't be true, don't you know they are owned by Anheuser Busch-InBev now.

    I always think it's funny when all the beer snobs loose their minds everytime a macro brewer buys a craft brewery. Like the beer they like is all of a sudden going to be terrible just due to who own's the brand. Funny thing is there seems to be no shortage of them willing to standing in line on Black Friday to try to get a couple of bottles of Goose Island's Bourbon County Brand.
    I didn't realize that InBev owned them. I am with you though, I just like good beer, I don't care who owns them.

  3. #1473
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    4,221

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I didn't realize that InBev owned them. I am with you though, I just like good beer, I don't care who owns them.
    I noticed you had one Untappd check-in from #16 at Scottsdale, I bet that was a blast.

    Unless I'm mistaken I believe I've seen that you have hit up a few of the Columbus breweries in the past. I'll be there two nights in about two weeks. You got two or three that you would recommend as can't miss? Not sure if I'll get much of a chance to get out but hopefully I can get a least a couple of stops in.

  4. #1474
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,054

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cat View Post
    I noticed you had one Untappd check-in from #16 at Scottsdale, I bet that was a blast.

    Unless I'm mistaken I believe I've seen that you have hit up a few of the Columbus breweries in the past. I'll be there two nights in about two weeks. You got two or three that you would recommend as can't miss? Not sure if I'll get much of a chance to get out but hopefully I can get a least a couple of stops in.
    I worked #16 Scottsdale beer vending Wednesday through Sunday and it was an absolute blast. Friday & Saturday were insane. A few guys and I stayed late on Thursday to move some beer and I figured I had to have one in that iconic spot.

    I've been to Seventh Son Brewing and Hoof Hearted. They are actually right down the street from each other. I don't think Seventh Son is anything special, but I'd definitely recommend Hoof Hearted. Good food there too.

    I've heard good things about Wolf's Ridge, but never been there.

  5. #1475
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    39,995

    Cincinnati Bockfest is coming up the weekend after next (March 1-3). Bock beer probably my #1 favorite beer style. Last year they had a RIDICULOUSLY huge number of bock offerings from Greater Cincinnati breweries. I haven't seen a complete listing for this year, but what I've seen already has me looking forward to the trip up.

    For those who haven't been, there's a Bockfest Parade through Over The Rhine on Friday around 5 or 6pm, and then there are 10 or 15 local bars and breweries that participate in the events all weekend, including a main "Bockfest Hall" at the Moerlein Tap House in OTR (not to be mistaken with the Moerlein Lager House on the river front). They have a free shuttle running circuits to all of the participating locations, and with the exception of a couple of specific parties/events during the weekend, the whole thing is free to attend. It's a great time.

    13 Below Fluss Bock
    16 Lots Bayern Kurve Bock
    ​Alexandria Slayerator Dopplebock
    Braxton Ignitor
    Christian Moerlein Emancipator Dopplebock
    Dogberry Freiheit Bock
    Fifty West Road Bock
    Hudepohl Festival Bock
    Listermann Friar Bacon Smoked Bock
    March First Heller Bock
    Off Track Dunlap Bock
    Schoenling Bock (winner of 2018 Bloatarian Homebrew Competition)​
    Sonder Sonder Bock
    Taft's Ale House Billy Goat Bock
    West Side West Side Bock

  6. #1476
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    148,243

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    Cincinnati Bockfest is coming up the weekend after next (March 1-3). Bock beer probably my #1 favorite beer style. Last year they had a RIDICULOUSLY huge number of bock offerings from Greater Cincinnati breweries. I haven't seen a complete listing for this year, but what I've seen already has me looking forward to the trip up.

    For those who haven't been, there's a Bockfest Parade through Over The Rhine on Friday around 5 or 6pm, and then there are 10 or 15 local bars and breweries that participate in the events all weekend, including a main "Bockfest Hall" at the Moerlein Tap House in OTR (not to be mistaken with the Moerlein Lager House on the river front). They have a free shuttle running circuits to all of the participating locations, and with the exception of a couple of specific parties/events during the weekend, the whole thing is free to attend. It's a great time.

    13 Below Fluss Bock
    16 Lots Bayern Kurve Bock
    ​Alexandria Slayerator Dopplebock
    Braxton Ignitor
    Christian Moerlein Emancipator Dopplebock
    Dogberry Freiheit Bock
    Fifty West Road Bock
    Hudepohl Festival Bock
    Listermann Friar Bacon Smoked Bock
    March First Heller Bock
    Off Track Dunlap Bock
    Schoenling Bock (winner of 2018 Bloatarian Homebrew Competition)​
    Sonder Sonder Bock
    Taft's Ale House Billy Goat Bock
    West Side West Side Bock
    Are you going CWB?

  7. #1477
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    39,995

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Are you going CWB?
    Yessir. I'm working on figuring out if I'm gonna go on Friday or Saturday night.

    Haha, they also have a Bockfest .05K on Sunday that I'm thinking about running in. $25 and you get a shirt, a medal, and a beer if you complete the race....all 164 feet of it
    @Getslow ...wanna race?

  8. #1478
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    In Lothlorien, where the trees bore flowers of gold and no evil thing ever dared come.
    Posts
    22,831

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    Yessir. I'm working on figuring out if I'm gonna go on Friday or Saturday night.

    Haha, they also have a Bockfest .05K on Sunday that I'm thinking about running in. $25 and you get a shirt, a medal, and a beer if you complete the race....all 164 feet of it
    @Getslow ...wanna race?
    I think 164 feet might be just about the perfect distance for you and me to run.

  9. #1479
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,054

    Had a Platform Carmelicious today. Pretty tasty Milk Stout.

  10. #1480
    jvdfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    8,917

    I got the growler filled with Great Lakes Conway's Irish Ale Saturday. I was totally surprised at just how good it was. A top ten for me. 6.5 abv too.

  11. #1481
    coldweatherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somewhere between the mist and the moonlight
    Posts
    10,086

    Just cracked open a bottle of Col Taylor

  12. #1482

    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Big Bone, KY
    Posts
    2,262

    Stopped by the Humble Monk brewery in Northside this afternoon. Humble Monk Brewing Co. - Home
    Owned and ran by a Cov Cath family.
    Nice place that hopefully will take off.

  13. #1483
    coldweatherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somewhere between the mist and the moonlight
    Posts
    10,086

    Dark Horse Vinyard - Double Down Red.

  14. #1484
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,054

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jim View Post
    Stopped by the Humble Monk brewery in Northside this afternoon. Humble Monk Brewing Co. - Home
    Owned and ran by a Cov Cath family.
    Nice place that hopefully will take off.
    You lost me at Cov Cath family haha jk.

    It's right around the corner from Urban Artifact? Nice one-two stop.

  15. #1485

    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Big Bone, KY
    Posts
    2,262

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    You lost me at Cov Cath family haha jk.

    It's right around the corner from Urban Artifact? Nice one-two stop.
    Yes, pretty much right across the street.

Tags for this Thread

Top