What Beer/Wine are you are tasting right now?

Page 89 of This is a thread about beer/Wine tasting! Tell what beer/wine you are tasting right now. Tell about how it tastes, not how it makes you feel. I am havi... 1329 comments | 51557 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #1321
    jvdfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    8,471

    Had a few Anderson Valley "Fall Hornin" last night while watching the The Louisville Crashers. Excellent beer. Going for some Great Lakes Oktoberfest in the growler today. My favorite. Great time of year. Enjoy!

    Great band BTW.
    Advertisement

  2. #1322
    kinglouie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 09
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,311

    My kids turned me on to Kona's Big Wave. Got to say it is pretty tasty.

  3. #1323
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,519

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Braxton Labs is releasing another NE IPA in their series today at 5pm. This will be their 4th. I think I'm going to swing by for one on the way home.
    Braxton Labs NE IPA #004 was fantastic. My favorite of the four that they've put out. I rarely drink two of the same beer back to back. I had two pints there and got a Crowler for home.

  4. #1324
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,519

    Quote Originally Posted by jvdfc View Post
    Had a few Anderson Valley "Fall Hornin" last night
    I liked this beer as well.

  5. #1325
    ThrillVille Cardinal51's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    Louisville,KY----From NKY
    Posts
    5,659

    So the first craft beer that I truly loved, and actually got me into wanting to try new beers and homebrewing was BBCs nut brown.

    I'm drinking a Goodwood Walnut brown right now, and it's total crap compared to what it used to be.

  6. #1326
    Harry Doyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 09
    Posts
    4,054

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    Left work early, sitting on my patio enjoying an Octoberfest and a cigar. Probably my favorite beer.
    Saw in the weather thread my friend that you all were heading to Gulf Shores about now for the week. We’ve been in Orange Beach.

    Some reccomendations:

    Good People IPA (out of Hunstsville)
    Anything Southern Prohibition (out of Hattiesburg)

    The Best?

    Red Hare SPF 50/50 IPA. My wife doesn’t really do IPA’s (I’ve gone all in, though lol) and she loves it. You can get it at the Publix in Orange Beach I know, but a place called Rouse’s in Gulf Shores has a heck of a selection, too.

  7. #1327
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    3,636

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Doyle View Post
    Saw in the weather thread my friend that you all were heading to Gulf Shores about now for the week. We’ve been in Orange Beach.

    Some reccomendations:

    Good People IPA (out of Hunstsville)
    Anything Southern Prohibition (out of Hattiesburg)

    The Best?

    Red Hare SPF 50/50 IPA. My wife doesn’t really do IPA’s (I’ve gone all in, though lol) and she loves it. You can get it at the Publix in Orange Beach I know, but a place called Rouse’s in Gulf Shores has a heck of a selection, too.
    I agree on Rouse's, I went to several places and they by far had the best selection of craft beer in the area. I got a variety of beers from Fairhope Brewing which is in southern Alabama, which were all pretty good.

    There is also a relatively new brewery, Big Beach Brewing, I think they opened in October of last year. As of July, they did not bottle or can yet, so you'll have to go to their taproom to get a pint, flight, or growler to go. I sampled about everything they had, worth the stop if you like craft beer. They are located across the street from Tacky Jack's.

  8. #1328
    Harry Doyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 09
    Posts
    4,054

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cat View Post
    I agree on Rouse's, I went to several places and they by far had the best selection of craft beer in the area. I got a variety of beers from Fairhope Brewing which is in southern Alabama, which were all pretty good.

    There is also a relatively new brewery, Big Beach Brewing, I think they opened in October of last year. As of July, they did not bottle or can yet, so you'll have to go to their taproom to get a pint, flight, or growler to go. I sampled about everything they had, worth the stop if you like craft beer. They are located across the street from Tacky Jack's.
    We went to Tacky Jacks and as bad as this sounds; I didn’t see the brewery.

    I had something the other night from Fairhope Brewery; can’t remember the name of it though...one of their IPA’s though.

  9. #1329
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    3,636

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Doyle View Post
    We went to Tacky Jacks and as bad as this sounds; I didn’t see the brewery.

    I had something the other night from Fairhope Brewery; can’t remember the name of it though...one of their IPA’s though.
    Probably "Take the Causeway IPA" That seemed to be their most prevalent beer when I was there.

  10. #1330
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,519

    Heading to a wedding up near Columbus for the weekend. Going to have some time to kill this afternoon. Think I have the wife convinced that we need to stop at Hoof Hearted.

Tags for this Thread

Top