What Beer/Wine are you are tasting right now?

Page 10 of This is a thread about beer/Wine tasting! Tell what beer/wine you are tasting right now. Tell about how it tastes, not how it makes you feel. I am havi... 938 comments | 28648 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #181

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    T-Ville
    Posts
    3,641

    Quote Originally Posted by formerkywrestler View Post
    You got it. And thus has taken on mythical qualities for some...
    I can drive 7 miles and get it, and it's in my top three favorite beers. It's a good beer, the fact it's hard to get may increase its popularity but don't mistake the fact it's a great brew...
    Advertisement

  2. #182

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    T-Ville
    Posts
    3,641

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Negative. If it had I wouldn't need to have it delivered from Nashville...
    At least it makes you smile when you see your in-laws at the door...

  3. #183
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    87,396

    Quote Originally Posted by formerkywrestler View Post
    You got it. And thus has taken on mythical qualities for some...
    No mythical qualities for me. I can get it on a regular basis because of my travels, so not a matter of absence making the heart grow fonder. Just enjoy the taste for a domestic brew...

  4. #184
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    50,889

    Quote Originally Posted by SEMPERFIFALCON View Post
    I'm not sure what it is about my taste for beer that has changed (maybe just age) but recently I've been hooked on Stella and have wanted nothing else. I'm not sure how many ounces are in those mini pitchers but that sounds like a great deal. If I'm ever near there, we'll have to partake in a few of those...
    Mini-pitchers are 32oz. You can pay as much as $7 for a 22oz at your favorite chain restaurant.

  5. #185
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    32,822

    I'm a fan of Schlafly and am glad to see the local Kroger carrying the brand. Had the APA last night, and today some Red Stripe.

  6. #186
    Henry521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    The Team From Fort Thomas AGAIN
    Posts
    8,568

    Quote Originally Posted by formerkywrestler View Post
    You got it. And thus has taken on mythical qualities for some...
    Not a beer drinker, but was in West Virginia and was asked to pick some up. Took the boys on a vacation in West Virgina and the highlight of the trip was they had Yuengling at the resort. Personnally, it doesn't compare to good ole Kentucky Bourbon, but whatever.

  7. #187
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Citrus Park
    Posts
    24,310

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry521 View Post
    Is that the beer that is brewed in Pennsylvania and it is not distributed in Ohio , Kentucky or Indiana?
    Quote Originally Posted by formerkywrestler View Post
    You got it. And thus has taken on mythical qualities for some...
    Went over to Wekiva Island this weekend with my son and his friends, while the female folk had a baby shower for the new grandson. They had Yuengling on tap.

  8. #188
    formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    26,079

    Quote Originally Posted by SEMPERFIFALCON View Post
    I can drive 7 miles and get it, and it's in my top three favorite beers. It's a good beer, the fact it's hard to get may increase its popularity but don't mistake the fact it's a great brew...
    Never said it wasn't good. I enjoy it as well, but I do think it's limited availability has definitely increased how people view it around here.

  9. #189
    formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    26,079

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    Mini-pitchers are 32oz. You can pay as much as $7 for a 22oz at your favorite chain restaurant.
    And where is this place? I'm a big Stella fan myself. You would struggle to find a 12 oz bottle for $4.50 in a bar up here.

  10. #190
    formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    26,079

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry521 View Post
    Not a beer drinker, but was in West Virginia and was asked to pick some up. Took the boys on a vacation in West Virgina and the highlight of the trip was they had Yuengling at the resort. Personnally, it doesn't compare to good ole Kentucky Bourbon, but whatever.
    I haven't found anything that does...

  11. #191
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    21,416

    Quote Originally Posted by formerkywrestler View Post
    Never said it wasn't good. I enjoy it as well, but I do think it's limited availability has definitely increased how people view it around here.
    Couldn't agree more.

  12. #192
    formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    26,079

    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Went over to Wekiva Island this weekend with my son and his friends, while the female folk had a baby shower for the new grandson. They had Yuengling on tap.
    I will say that it's nice to go to TN and be able to get Yuengling at a domestic price on tap. It's leaps and bounds better than the American trio you're usually stuck with as "domestic" in KY.

  13. #193

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    23,184

    So I did stumble upon a liquor store open til 9 yesterday? I thought stores couldn't legally sell liquor that late on Sundays in KY?????

  14. #194
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    21,416

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    So I did stumble upon a liquor store open til 9 yesterday? I thought stores couldn't legally sell liquor that late on Sundays in KY?????
    KRS 244.290 & 244.295 allow Sunday sales and sale times to be set by the governing territory, be it county or city. I think that goes back to 2005.

  15. #195

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    23,184

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    KRS 244.290 & 244.295 allow Sunday sales and sale times to be set by the governing territory, be it county or city. I think that goes back to 2005.
    I remember there were changes for alot of places a few years back. I'll have to google it later tonight. I really miss having a functioning lap top.

  16. #196
    jvdfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    8,222

    Magic Hat "Wacko" Summer Seasonal. Tried it for the 1st time. Ahhhh.....Good stuff.

  17. #197
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    50,889

    Quote Originally Posted by formerkywrestler View Post
    And where is this place? I'm a big Stella fan myself. You would struggle to find a 12 oz bottle for $4.50 in a bar up here.
    Out by the US 150 exit off BG Pkway. Cheap beer, good eats. Holler at me next time you're passing through.

  18. #198

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    23,184

    Enjoying some Jim Beam Red Stag.

  19. #199
    Lucky Charms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Location
    I'm going to show you how great I am! -Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    8,380

    Homebrew - a Belgian style Blonde. Very tasty.

  20. #200
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    50,889

    Fat Tire

Tags for this Thread

Top