What Are You Reading In 2017?

Page 6 of Finishing up A Dance With Dragons. I'll start out the 2017 reading thread with a wonderful passage from this book. "A reader lives a thousand live... 330 comments | 14598 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    38,851

    Name:  n165615.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  30.0 KB
    Advertisement

  2. #77
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    38,851

    Name:  UBB-IveGotYouUnderMySkinbyMaryHigginsClark.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  32.8 KB

  3. #78
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    57,465


  4. #79

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    456

    Name:  fear.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  30.4 KB

  5. #80

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    755

    I just finished Hillbilly Elegy. I have no "Hillbilly" history in my family but the low education grandparents, factory working parents, extended family relationships, alcohol use and dynamics resonated with me. I am the first in my family with a college degree and can immediately name those who were instrumental in my journey. Most never knew their affect on me wanting a different life than I was born in to. My heart fiercely maintains ties to family that my mind shakes it's head at. @tcjkbt @Clyde

  6. #81
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    38,851

    Name:  heather+graham+the+unseen.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  23.9 KB

  7. #82

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    right here at my desk
    Posts
    919

    'The Beverly Hills Supper Club: The Untold Story of Ky's Worst Tragedy: Robert Webster, David Brock, Tom McConaughy: 9781533121578: Amazon.com: Books



    If you are a long-time resident of Northern Kentucky, this story is familiar. Where this book is different, is the authors make a very compelling case that the tragic fire was arson, and provide enough evidence to convince the reader the mob was behind the unthinkable result. Highly recommended; you will be stunned.

  8. #83

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,237

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysie View Post
    I just finished Hillbilly Elegy. I have no "Hillbilly" history in my family but the low education grandparents, factory working parents, extended family relationships, alcohol use and dynamics resonated with me. I am the first in my family with a college degree and can immediately name those who were instrumental in my journey. Most never knew their affect on me wanting a different life than I was born in to. My heart fiercely maintains ties to family that my mind shakes it's head at. @tcjkbt @Clyde
    Nice.

  9. #84

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,237

    Quote Originally Posted by justsayin View Post
    'The Beverly Hills Supper Club: The Untold Story of Ky's Worst Tragedy: Robert Webster, David Brock, Tom McConaughy: 9781533121578: Amazon.com: Books



    If you are a long-time resident of Northern Kentucky, this story is familiar. Where this book is different, is the authors make a very compelling case that the tragic fire was arson, and provide enough evidence to convince the reader the mob was behind the unthinkable result. Highly recommended; you will be stunned.
    My parents were there. My dad made the correct decision to go out a different exit than the one people were being led to that ultimately led to many deaths.

    I now look for fire exits.

  10. #85

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    right here at my desk
    Posts
    919

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    My parents were there. My dad made the correct decision to go out a different exit than the one people were being led to that ultimately led to many deaths.

    I now look for fire exits.
    As a result of BH, I am also in constant awareness of my exits, and never scoff at a fire alarm. I exit immediately.

    This book my be a little to close for you. It is very spine-chilling, and will make you angry on so many levels. But the truth does that.

  11. #86
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,536

    Took me a while, but finally finished up this one:

    Name:  D-Day.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  49.5 KB

    Hoping to jump through a few books pretty quickly now.

  12. #87

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,237

    Quote Originally Posted by justsayin View Post
    As a result of BH, I am also in constant awareness of my exits, and never scoff at a fire alarm. I exit immediately.

    This book my be a little to close for you. It is very spine-chilling, and will make you angry on so many levels. But the truth does that.
    Oh, I read it.

  13. #88
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    57,465


  14. #89
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    38,851

    Name:  51HkQaFoRXL._SX308_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  59.0 KB

  15. #90
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    57,465


Top