Waterfalls in Kentucky

  1. #1
    Godot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Edmonson County
    Posts
    17,742

    Waterfalls in Kentucky

    I was think about taking this trip in July. Any suggestions that you guys might want to add?

    The Ultimate Kentucky Waterfall Road Trip


    Name:  Waterfall-Road-Trip-Map.-700x467.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  131.9 KB
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    41,380

    Try to hit 76 falls on either a weekend or holiday, it over looks a sometimes rowdy party cove on the lake.

  3. #3
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    27,383

    There's a waterfall near Berea that I've been to a couple of times. Can't think of the name of the park or the waterfall, but it shouldn't be too tough to find on Google.

    Tioga Falls in Fort Knox is pretty cool. Nice hiking trail. It's occasionally closed to hikers, though, depending on what's going on a Fort Knox.

    Eagle Falls in Cumberland Falls State Park would be worth checking out if you're that way, and Yahoo Falls in the Daniel Boone National Forest is pretty nice as well.

  4. #4
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    70,538

    I would love to do that sometime.

  5. #5
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,101

    Don't go chasing waterfalls

  6. #6
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    41,380

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post

    Eagle Falls in Cumberland Falls State Park would be worth checking out if you're that way, and Yahoo Falls in the Daniel Boone National Forest is pretty nice as well.
    My son's first date with his wife was a hiking trip to Eagle Falls, that's also where he proposed several months later.

  7. #7
    B-Ball-fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Posts
    10,401

    I noticed that Torrent Falls Rock Climbing Adventure is the second spot highlighted on your map.

    Many many years ago I was in Amway for a year, and a guy and his wife Mark & Kathy Meyer were in my upline, and the ones that 'trained" me the most.

    I've not been in touch with them since I quit sometime in the early 90's, but by searching for them online I discovered that they are the ones who operate the Torrent Falls R.C.A. along with their children. (I'm assuming that they're no longer in Amway either).

    Mark was pretty much an outgoing guy who seemed pretty passionate about whatever he was doing, so If you happen to make that stop on your tour I'd be interested in hearing about your experience there.

    Welcome! - Torrent Falls Climbing Adventure | Red River Gorge, KY

  8. #8
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,208

    Dog Slaughter Falls, which is on Dog Slaughter trail between Corbin and Cumberland Falls.

  9. #9
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    19,743

    Cortland Falls is in Owsley County's Upper Buffalo Creek area in the southern part of the county, not too far from Buckhorn by the way a crow flies. Not sure of the height of it but it appears to be 60+ feet. Very pretty but not easy to get to. It's in some of the most remote and rugged terrain in eastern Kentucky, with an ample supply of rattlesnakes and copperheads.

  10. #10
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    19,743

    Quote Originally Posted by B-Ball-fan View Post
    I noticed that Torrent Falls Rock Climbing Adventure is the second spot highlighted on your map.

    Many many years ago I was in Amway for a year, and a guy and his wife Mark & Kathy Meyer were in my upline, and the ones that 'trained" me the most.

    I've not been in touch with them since I quit sometime in the early 90's, but by searching for them online I discovered that they are the ones who operate the Torrent Falls R.C.A. along with their children. (I'm assuming that they're no longer in Amway either).

    Mark was pretty much an outgoing guy who seemed pretty passionate about whatever he was doing, so If you happen to make that stop on your tour I'd be interested in hearing about your experience there.

    Welcome! - Torrent Falls Climbing Adventure | Red River Gorge, KY
    I know this thread is about water falls but since you have mentioned Amway I'll comment. I was also in Anway for a short time. My brother got into it in a big way but after several years and not doing what he expected finally quit. I'm not a fan of Amway and its pyramid schemes but that's probably a topic for another thread.

  11. #11
    Godot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Edmonson County
    Posts
    17,742

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Cortland Falls is in Owsley County's Upper Buffalo Creek area in the southern part of the county, not too far from Buckhorn by the way a crow flies. Not sure of the height of it but it appears to be 60+ feet. Very pretty but not easy to get to. It's in some of the most remote and rugged terrain in eastern Kentucky, with an ample supply of rattlesnakes and copperheads.
    I was interested until this point. Count of out.

Top