Tell Us Something About Yourself...

Page 2 of ...that we probably don't know. The more obscure, the better - we don't need a bunch of people trying to guess each others' identities. I'll start. I u... 107 comments | 4664 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    14,769

    I've driven my own car through all 48 contiguous states.

    I've watched a college basketball game in over 50 arenas.

    I visited 87 colleges between 1991-1993 and bought a hat at each one.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    54,400

    I have 2 ankles on 1 foot. I won 1st place in the Bluessgrass games in Race Walking.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,350

    Quote Originally Posted by MentschTrachtGottLacht View Post
    26 years and same. So frustrating. My former brother-in-law, who is still a good friend, can't break a 100 with a foot wedge...and he has one. So. Aggravating.
    27 years for me. I watched a friend get one in the rain, on a day where he shot over 100. Even worse, he did it with a range ball he had picked up because he had lost so many balls that day.

  4. #19
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    51,603

    I hate chocolate.

  5. #20
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    20,937

    Quote Originally Posted by jahearme View Post
    I've been playing golf for 32 years and I've yet to have a Hole-in-One.
    That’s hard to imagine because I know you’re a very good golfer. An old hack like me has had two, one off a ground burning miss hit, lol.

  6. #21
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,136

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I hate chocolate.
    Dude, that is the first dislike I have ever given.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by MentschTrachtGottLacht View Post
    26 years and same. So frustrating. My former brother-in-law, who is still a good friend, can't break a 100 with a foot wedge...and he has one. So. Aggravating.
    I have an eagle on a par 4 (off of a tree), Ive never broke 110, lol.

  8. #23
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,373

    While I haven’t been playing golf as long as most of you all, I am pretty decent and finished last year with a handicap of 0.7 and I’ve never come within a foot of a hole in one. Hell I’ve never even holed out from outside of 40 yards. I play probably 200 rounds a year.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,350

    I was at the UK-Duke game when Laettner made "the shot". I was in my last semester in college, and me and a few of my friends decided to head down to the Spectrum to try to get in to see the game. Bought our tickets from a scalper for $25 each just as the game had started. Never even fathomed that I'd eventually live in Kentucky.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,350

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    While I haven’t been playing golf as long as most of you all, I am pretty decent and finished last year with a handicap of 0.7 and I’ve never come within a foot of a hole in one. Hell I’ve never even holed out from outside of 40 yards. I play probably 200 rounds a year.
    I've been close a couple of times (within a foot). I've also not holed many shots out over 40 yards. I one hopped a 60 yarder into the hole once. My other hole out was a much better story. I holed my second shot from 250 yards on a par five about 20 years ago. The problem was my first shot went in the water, so I only ended up with an Eagle.

  11. #26
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    7,197

    In 42 years, I have had only 3 different jobs. That includes a part time job as a teenager.

  12. #27
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    14,769

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    27 years for me. I watched a friend get one in the rain, on a day where he shot over 100. Even worse, he did it with a range ball he had picked up because he had lost so many balls that day.
    I loathe that friend of yours I've never met.

  13. #28
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    47,221

    Quote Originally Posted by nkypete View Post
    In 42 years, I have had only 3 different jobs. That includes a part time job as a teenager.
    I'm right there with you. I mowed yards and worked putting up hay in my early teens, had a job cleaning an office when I was 15 then spent 30+ years working for one company.

  14. #29
    WESTSIDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    656

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    Dude, that is the first dislike I have ever given.
    Let me give you your second.

  15. #30
    WESTSIDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    656

    I was friends with retired PGA Tour Pro Robert Damron in 6th grade. He enrolled half way through the year and didn't have any friends. I felt sorry for him and befriended him.

Top