Pulled Pork or Brisket?

View Poll Results: Pulled Pork or Brisket?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pulled Pork

    11 44.00%
  • Brisket

    14 56.00%
  1. #1
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,127

    Pulled Pork or Brisket?

    If you had to pick one or the other to have for the 4th, which would you go with?

    I'd be satisfied with either one, but I'll pick Pulled Pork.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    ďIt's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,413

    Always brisket.

  3. #3
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    40,540

    I know that the big names in barbecue and the pitmasters of the world all say good brisket beats good pulled pork, but I literally mean it when I say that I've never had any barbecued brisket that I prefer to barbecued pork. And that's not for lack of trying it either...

    Pulled pork for me.

  4. #4
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    ďIt's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,413

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    I know that the big names in barbecue and the pitmasters of the world all say good brisket beats good pulled pork, but I literally mean it when I say that I've never had any barbecued brisket that I prefer to barbecued pork. And that's not for lack of trying it either...

    Pulled pork for me.
    We gotta get you some better brisket then.

  5. #5
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,151

    The best brisket I’ve ever had definitely trumps the best pulled pork I’ve had. Great brisket is hard to beat. I’ve also had really bad brisket. It’s really hard to screw up pulled pork. I’d have to lean Brisket, but it’s a pretty close race.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,723

    Brisket. Brisket though, is much easier to screw up when cooking, and takes a lot of time and attention to cook. There is no just ok brisket. Itís either really good, or really bad. Pulled pork is much easier to cook and while I do like it and donít think Iíve ever had bad pulled pork, it doesnít compare to good brisket.

  7. #7
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    ďIt's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,413

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    The best brisket I’ve ever had definitely trumps the best pulled pork I’ve had. Great brisket is hard to beat. I’ve also had really bad brisket. It’s really hard to screw up pulled pork. I’d have to lean Brisket, but it’s a pretty close race.
    Agreed.

  8. #8
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    60,890

    Brisket done right > pulled pork done right.

  9. #9
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,816

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    I know that the big names in barbecue and the pitmasters of the world all say good brisket beats good pulled pork, but I literally mean it when I say that I've never had any barbecued brisket that I prefer to barbecued pork. And that's not for lack of trying it either...

    Pulled pork for me.
    Same here.

  10. #10
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,293

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Always brisket.
    Absolutely. Not sure how this poll can even be close.

  11. #11
    Pile Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 17
    Posts
    88

    Brisket alone for the flavor. Pulled pork depends on the prep and sauce. If both were sitting side by side, I'll go for the brisket.

  12. #12
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,845

    Ribs.

  13. #13
    Hearsay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Location
    W. 35th St. brownstone
    Posts
    10,256

    For the 4th, to honor this country in the manner it deserves, calls for pre-planning and quality brisket. For the ordinary summer backyard BBQ, pulled pork.

  14. #14
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,990

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    I know that the big names in barbecue and the pitmasters of the world all say good brisket beats good pulled pork, but I literally mean it when I say that I've never had any barbecued brisket that I prefer to barbecued pork. And that's not for lack of trying it either...

    Pulled pork for me.
    I'm with you CWB.

    Someone tell me where to find brisket that will change my mind. Until it is proven otherwise to me, pulled pork and it isn't close.

  15. #15
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    148,951

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I'm with you CWB.

    Someone tell me where to find brisket that will change my mind. Until it is proven otherwise to me, pulled pork and it isn't close.
    I third the motion.

Top