Non Coffee Drinkers

Page 2 of I just can't drink coffee. I know it's an acquired taste, but I just can't acquire it. Anyone else out there like me? I am curious how others who don't... 40 comments | 2382 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    3,159

    I love the taste and smell. Drink it every day. I've already been to Starbucks twice. I do not by cigarettes, beer, or lottery tickets so I think it is ok.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,179

    I have a cup or two every day, but I also believe bugs is right in what he says about it being mind over matter.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    24,968

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I just can't drink coffee. I know it's an acquired taste, but I just can't acquire it. Anyone else out there like me?

    I am curious how others who don't drink coffee get their caffeinated fix? I don't drink caffeine a ton but some mornings I just need a pick me up. I am known to drink a Mt. Dew Kickstart from time to time, which isn't as bad for you as soda but probably still isn't great with 20 grams of sugar.

    I was recently introduced to something else and had my first this morning. It's called Xyience Energy. It has zero calories and 0 grams of sugar. The flavor I'm drinking today is Cherry Lime and it almost tastes like Cherry 7up. I found them at Jungle Jim's. Might have to pick up some more.
    I am with you, not a coffee guy. I generally start my day with pre-workout and head to the gym. Just helps me start my day and clear my mind before heading to work or whatever I'm doing that day. If it's really early and I'm struggling to wake up I will grab a Gatorade or Powerade.

    If things get really bad, like driving around at work at 3 am in February trying not to fall asleep at red lights, then I will maybe get a Mountain Dew but that's about it. Caffeine definitely works but then I feel like I don't sleep as well afterwards.

  4. #19
    Beechwoodfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    5,919

    I like an occasional cup of coffee in the winter. On a daily basis, it is unsweetened tea all day for me.

  5. #20
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,200

    Not going to lie, I have a caffeine addiction. Coffee, pop(mostly Coke Zero), occasional energy drink. I honestly don’t drink coffee for the “boost” but more so to prevent headaches. I also really like the Monster Energy Ultra Zero Orange flavor. Zero Calories, Zero Sugar. I don’t pretend to act like just since it’s zero calories that this stuff is great for me, but if I have a headache, they usually get rid of it.

  6. #21
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    4,262

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Not going to lie, I have a caffeine addiction. Coffee, pop(mostly Coke Zero), occasional energy drink. I honestly don’t drink coffee for the “boost” but more so to prevent headaches. I also really like the Monster Energy Ultra Zero Orange flavor. Zero Calories, Zero Sugar. I don’t pretend to act like just since it’s zero calories that this stuff is great for me, but if I have a headache, they usually get rid of it.
    The headache is probably due to the caffeine addiction. If I don't have caffeine by late afternoon, I will have a headache every time, and a can of Coke will make it go away.

    About two years ago I was able to wean myself off of caffeine so that I could go without it and not get a headache. But unfortunately I have fallen off the wagon and must have caffeine daily again.

  7. #22
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    53,535

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cat View Post
    The headache is probably due to the caffeine addiction. If I don't have caffeine by late afternoon, I will have a headache every time, and a can of Coke will make it go away.
    Yep, this is me as well.

  8. #23
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,200

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cat View Post
    The headache is probably due to the caffeine addiction. If I don't have caffeine by late afternoon, I will have a headache every time, and a can of Coke will make it go away.

    About two years ago I was able to wean myself off of caffeine so that I could go without it and not get a headache. But unfortunately I have fallen off the wagon and must have caffeine daily again.
    The caffeine addiction is 100% the cause of the headache. About 4 years ago I weaned myself off of caffeine. The first week was brutal. Headaches everyday. It lasted for about 2 years and I relapsed and don’t have the will power to try again. Haha

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,777

    I’m not a big coffee drinker. I have the occasional cup but only when it’s cold outside. My coffee drinking is pretty much limited to December through March. I don’t see how people can drink it when it 90 degrees outside. If coffee suddenly was made illegal, I wouldn’t miss it one bit.

  10. #25
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    60,932

    I’ll drink it a half dozen times a year. Don’t have a caffeine addiction. I drink 3 or 4 diet Pepsi’s or diet Doctor Peppers a week.

    I get get a kick out of young people (both of them in my avatar qualify) who HAVE to have their coffee. Even if it is some half and half concoction.

  11. #26
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,200

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    I’m not a big coffee drinker. I have the occasional cup but only when it’s cold outside. My coffee drinking is pretty much limited to December through March. I don’t see how people can drink it when it 90 degrees outside. If coffee suddenly was made illegal, I wouldn’t miss it one bit.
    I drink iced coffee when it’s above 65 degrees outside.

  12. #27
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    13,200

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Even if it is some half and half concoction.
    Coffee should be consumed one way and that’s straight black.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,777

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I drink iced coffee when it’s above 65 degrees outside.
    I can’t get iced coffee down. There’s just something about iced coffee that’s completely vile to me.

  14. #29
    coldweatherfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Somewhere between the mist and the moonlight
    Posts
    10,168

    Black coffee is my daytime beverage of choice. Typically have a cup of coffee with me at all times during the day, either at home or at work. Pretty much a pot a day.

  15. #30
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    In Lothlorien, where the trees bore flowers of gold and no evil thing ever dared come.
    Posts
    22,982

    Quote Originally Posted by coldweatherfan View Post
    Black coffee is my daytime beverage of choice. Typically have a cup of coffee with me at all times during the day, either at home or at work. Pretty much a pot a day.
    This is it. The other folks in my office will laugh on occasion because I'll just be making coffee at random times through the day. I don't drink a whole pot, but two cups in the morning and another two in the afternoon isn't unusual. We're talking normal coffee mug size cups, not some enormous gas station carryout, but it's a solid four cups almost every day.

Top