Millennials have ruined........

Page 5 of So another thread talked about millennials ruining the taxi business. What else has become a dying breed due to the millennials? Napkins for one. They ... 299 comments | 13435 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,768

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    Read through this. Interesting. Can one also say that millennials are lazy? After reading this, many of the things I see that they don't like are in some way connected to not wanting to put in the effort/energy.
    Lot of millennials are working 2-3 jobs, putting in way more than the typically 40 hour work week. Lazy is not a term I'd use.
    Advertisement

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,138

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Lot of millennials are working 2-3 jobs, putting in way more than the typically 40 hour work week. Lazy is not a term I'd use.
    Yes. It's those student loans.

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Location
    Birds Nest
    Posts
    1,601

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    Yes. It's those student loans.
    Yes it is. Because it was drilled into us by parents that you must go to college! So thanks, next.

  4. #64
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,768

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    Yes. It's those student loans.
    So you agree that millennials are working a lot of hours to pay off student loans? If so, where is the lazy part?

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,138

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    So you agree that millennials are working a lot of hours to pay off student loans? If so, where is the lazy part?
    Read the story MJ. ... I also said it with a question mark at the end. C'mon. If you're looking to pick a fight/argument, you'll have to find someone else on here.

  6. #66
    P_G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Location
    The Backcourt
    Posts
    202

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    Read through this. Interesting. Can one also say that millennials are lazy? After reading this, many of the things I see that they don't like are in some way connected to not wanting to put in the effort/energy.
    I don’t remember which CEO said it, but it was something along the lines of “I assign the most impossible of tasks to lazy people because they will find the most efficient way to do it.” Hence, Amazon and online banking.

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,138

    Quote Originally Posted by P_G View Post
    I don’t remember which CEO said it, but it was something along the lines of “I assign the most impossible of tasks to lazy people because they will find the most efficient way to do it.” Hence, Amazon and online banking.
    Sounds like I'm now lazy then. LOL

  8. #68
    P_G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18
    Location
    The Backcourt
    Posts
    202

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    Sounds like I'm now lazy then. LOL
    Welcome to the club, or whatever...

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,369

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Lot of millennials are working 2-3 jobs, putting in way more than the typically 40 hour work week. Lazy is not a term I'd use.

    what % is a LOT?

  10. #70
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    Those churches also have to throw in free Wi-Fi, coffee and donuts (all during the service) to get them in the door. It's not really church to them, it's more like a trip to the movie theater. Sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    I still take issue with people who wear jeans to church for Sunday service, just how I was raised, you dont wear jeans in church. People seem to be flocking to those "Entertaining Churches."
    Exhibit A and B why the attendance numbers are down.

  11. #71
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,768

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    Read the story MJ. ... I also said it with a question mark at the end. C'mon. If you're looking to pick a fight/argument, you'll have to find someone else on here.
    You first ask if millennials are lazy, which you followed up by saying that reading the article makes you think they are not wanting to put in effort/energy.

    Others including myself want to know what makes you think that. You seem to agree that they have to work extra jobs and more than 40+ hours a week because of student loans.

    Confused on where the fight is. Seemed two easy questions that you quoted.

  12. #72
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,768

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    what % is a LOT?
    Couldn't tell you. But I believe that side hustle is pretty prevalent within the older sector of the millennial generation.

  13. #73
    Bobby Axelrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 17
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    247

    Thought it would interesting to see how I fare as I'm the prime millennial age. I will try and take into account their reasoning even though some seem a little odd. Here was the list from Business Insider:

    - Casual dining chains like Buffalo Wild Wings and Applebee's
    I frequent sports bars quite often to watch games/socialize. Definitely do not cook at home much.

    - The concept of "starter homes" they're renting longer and buying expensive houses later
    Still currently rent. More of a combo of not knowing where I will be working/living in a few years along with not being far removed from college/ready to buy a home.

    - Beer
    I promise I am not killing beer. Helping if anything lol.

    - Napkins
    Guilty on this one. If I do buy it is paper towels.

    - "Breastaurant" chains like Hooters
    The reasoning on this one was quite odd to me. Feel free to check it out. Seems like they take the reasoning behind going to hooters a little more serious than it is.

    - Cereal
    Probably eat cereal just as much as anybody else.

    - Golf
    Love golf.

    - Motorcycles
    Admittedly not a motorcycle guy.

    - Homeownership
    Their reasoning was tighter credit standard and lifestyle changes such as delayed marriage and children. Seems like a good thing to me.

    - Yogurt especially light yogurt
    They say Greek yogurt stole a lot of the thunder here. I would agree. If I do eat yogurt its most likely Greek yogurt.

    - Bars of soap
    Guilty here. Definitely a body wash guy.

    - Diamonds
    Reasoning was fewer millenials are getting married and those who do are choosing nontraditional rings. I plan on getting married one day and getting a traditional diamond ring.

    - Fabric softener
    Ehh I occasionally use but not really sure the big deal here. Maybe when I have a family I will use it more??

    - Banks
    Reasoning was that millennial's distrust financial establishments and rarely visit physical banks. I work in banking so distrust is not a reason for me. I would say I rarely visit a physical bank unless I have to. Just a convenience thing.

    - Department stores like Macy's and Sears
    Kind of in-between here. I still go to department stores occasionally for clothing/shoes but also buy many things online when I can.

    - Designer handbags
    Most likely be buying these down the road lol

    - Gyms
    Reasoning was that boutique fitness gyms are growing. I'm assuming they mean gyms such as crossfit gyms, pure barre, cyclebar type gyms. I go to the YMCA everyday so don't fit the boutique mold.

    - Home-improvement stores like Home Depot and Lowe's
    They once again circle back to delaying marriage and childbirth.

    - Football
    Article mentions numerous things such as protests, game gotten more boring, and cord cutting. I probably watched more this year than I ever have and still have cable.

    - Oil
    They mention working in the field. No opinion on this one.

    TL;DR - many seem to tie back to delayed marriage/childbirth. I may be a little old school for my age.

  14. #74

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,138

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Couldn't tell you. But I believe that side hustle is pretty prevalent within the older sector of the millennial generation.
    But it's A LOT! lol

  15. #75

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,138

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    You first ask if millennials are lazy, which you followed up by saying that reading the article makes you think they are not wanting to put in effort/energy.

    Others including myself want to know what makes you think that. You seem to agree that they have to work extra jobs and more than 40+ hours a week because of student loans.

    Confused on where the fight is. Seemed two easy questions that you quoted.
    Sounds like your fight. I'm good on all in the article. None of it offended me.

Top