Lachey's in OTR is Closing

  1. #1
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,834

    Lachey's in OTR is Closing

    Lachey's Bar in Over-the-Rhine is closing its doors

    I give them credit for going out the right way. I feel like far too many in that industry just close their doors with very little warning to their employees and patrons.

    I can't say we frequented Lachey's often. Maybe about 5 times since it opened. Always enjoyed myself. Nice sports bar, which is sort of the only one down there.

    Last day is Sunday.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,291

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Lachey's Bar in Over-the-Rhine is closing its doors

    I give them credit for going out the right way. I feel like far too many in that industry just close their doors with very little warning to their employees and patrons.

    I can't say we frequented Lachey's often. Maybe about 5 times since it opened. Always enjoyed myself. Nice sports bar, which is sort of the only one down there.

    Last day is Sunday.
    Agreed.

    Every time we stopped in or went by, it seemed to be fairly busy. Came as a surprise to the wife and I.

  3. #3
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,834

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Agreed.

    Every time we stopped in or went by, it seemed to be fairly busy. Came as a surprise to the wife and I.
    I am a little surprised too.

    I saw some speculation that Drew and his wife have sold their house and are no longer living in Cincinnati. I believe he was pretty involved in Operations and Nick just isn't in town enough. I'd like to think something else will go in there and keep the "sports bar" vibe going for OTR.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,411

    I wonder if they lost any business after their manager got shot in the face right outside the place.

  5. #5
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,860

    Interesting. I just saw a review in the Enquirer comparing Lachey's to Wahlburger's and the reviewer said Lachey's was clearly better.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    the Indo
    Posts
    9,750

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    I wonder if they lost any business after their manager got shot in the face right outside the place.
    It couldn't have helped.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,074

    Even after the shooting, it was still very crowded every time I was down there. This one surprised me.

    I wonder if it was more work than they thought it would be?

  8. #8
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,291

    Read somewhere that the Lachey brothers were only like 5% owners of the place....Maybe they had no say in the matter?

  9. #9
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    53,834

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Read somewhere that the Lachey brothers were only like 5% owners of the place....Maybe they had no say in the matter?
    Could be. I know they definitely weren't anywhere near as involved as their show made it seem. Nick especially.

Top