I Am Living In IRS Hell

Page 11 of Okay smart people, I need some advice. I am currently being harassed (that's what it is at this point) by the IRS and I don't know what to do. This all... 168 comments | 8281 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #151

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    3,531

    Cross bar hotel is worse . Hang in there Wireman , just hang in there . Count your relationships as blessings because thats all that matters in the end any way , easy for me to say but I just want to attempt to help you in some way
    Advertisement

  2. #152

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    8,190

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Considering it was a professional that got him into this mess in the first place, I get exactly where @Wireman is coming from. Feel for you bud.
    And the fact that this goof ball is supposedly a professional makes him even more liable for damages. If this was Billy Bob's Taxes and Book Keeping, legal action would be more of a challenge but a CPA should be easier to seek damages from.

  3. #153
    formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    27,239

    Quote Originally Posted by Manitoudan View Post
    Cross bar hotel is worse . Hang in there Wireman , just hang in there . Count your relationships as blessings because thats all that matters in the end any way , easy for me to say but I just want to attempt to help you in some way
    Consulting a tax attorney WILL NOT land you in jail. That's foolish.

  4. #154

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    3,531

    I did'nt mean that , I just meant in general , many things are worse than this IRS problem . Cancer , sickness , etc etc

  5. #155

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,237

    So we're how far into this saga and you still haven't hired professional help?

    If I missed it why did the IRS say your business expenses were not valid?

  6. #156
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,085

    I have just received a notification that I'm being audited for 2015.

    This all started with 2013. Then I was audited for 2014. Now...2015.

    The money that I agreed to pay from 2013 has altered my life to the point that I'm close to losing my home and car. I can't do this anymore.

    I'm calling an attorney at this point.

  7. #157
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,717

    Hope it all works out for ya, but you probably could've avoided a lot of the headache involved in this had you contacted a tax attorney back in January...

  8. #158
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,085

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Hope it all works out for ya, but you probably could've avoided a lot of the headache involved in this had you contacted a tax attorney back in January...
    I really don't have the money to afford a legal battle but I'd rather be homeless than continually done dirty by the IRS. So, at this point, I really don't care.

  9. #159
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    45,259

    Based on some of your posts about your trips to Disney and the sort, I don't think this is affecting you to the extent you are portraying. But I'm looking at it from an outside perspective, not yours.

    Unless you messed up on your 2015 taxes like you did in 2013, the audit shouldn't mean much.

  10. #160
    formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    27,239

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Based on some of your posts about your trips to Disney and the sort, I don't think this is affecting you to the extent you are portraying. But I'm looking at it from an outside perspective, not yours.

    Unless you messed up on your 2015 taxes like you did in 2013, the audit shouldn't mean much.
    This. A trip to Disney is a good start on a tax attorney, not getting your house or car repo'd, etc.

    It sucks but if it's really that bad now is the time to get lean. Real lean if necessary.

  11. #161
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,085

    Quote Originally Posted by formerkywrestler View Post
    This. A trip to Disney is a good start on a tax attorney, not getting your house or car repo'd, etc.

    It sucks but if it's really that bad now is the time to get lean. Real lean if necessary.
    The trip to Disney was 2 audits ago. Yes, it's really that bad or I wouldn't post it. Life it tough at the moment.

  12. #162
    formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    27,239

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    The trip to Disney was 2 audits ago. Yes, it's really that bad or I wouldn't post it. Life it tough at the moment.
    Just from posts you made on here sometime the first week of April you took a family trip to Disney. Prior to that you owed a few thousand to the IRS. By the second week of April you were again talking about going to lose your house, car, etc. But yet you JUST GOT BACK from Disney World. Sorry, you come on here looking for advice and/or sympathy. My advice is this:

    Your taxes were wrong at least in 2013 and that is clear. Whether it was an accountant error or not you had multiple red flags. The Disney trip could've easily paid back the errors from the first audit. Getting lean and not spending money on frivolous things when you owe money to the government is how you solve this. The IRS is not picking on you. A very egregious error was made on your taxes in 2013 and it sounds like it was again in 2014 as you owe the government money that year too. Frankly you should expect an audit until they stop finding something wrong. If you continually file incorrect tax forms you will continually get audited.

    Furthermore, you have gotten very good advice here about getting a tax attorney for half a year. You have continually chosen to ignore it.

  13. #163
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    50,085

    Thanks guys!

    Could a mod please close this thread. I won't look for sympathy on here.
    @PurplePride92

  14. #164
    formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    27,239

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Thanks guys!

    Could a mod please close this thread. I won't look for sympathy on here.
    @PurplePride92
    It's hard to have much sympathy when you say things like this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    The money that I agreed to pay from 2013 has altered my life to the point that I'm close to losing my home and car. I can't do this anymore. .
    But while you OWE for 2013 you are taking trips to Disneyland. Meanwhile ignoring the advice literally every person on here gave you.

  15. #165
    lawildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    17,320

    I hope everything works out for you, @Wireman

Top