gold sunrise

  1. #1
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    38,699

    gold sunrise

    @gold sunrise

    There is now a Winter Storm Watch out for Cleveland starting Monday afternoon into Wednesday. Any where from 6-10 inches are expected.

    Name:  mapserver.fcgi.png
Views: 183
Size:  85.6 KB

    URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
    National Weather Service Cleveland OH
    404 AM EDT Sun Mar 12 2017

    ...HEAVY SNOW EXPECTED MONDAY EVENING THROUGH WEDNESDAY...

    .A complex winter storm will affect the Snowbelt of northeast OH
    and northwest PA early this week. Low pressure will track through
    the Ohio Valley on Monday bringing widespread snow to the area
    Monday night into Tuesday. Snowfall amounts across this area will
    be enhanced due to additional moisture from Lake Erie. The snow
    will then transition to lake-effect Tuesday night into Wednesday
    as northerly flow continues across the area.

    OHZ011>014-089-PAZ001>003-121615-
    /O.NEW.KCLE.WS.A.0002.170313T2100Z-170316T0000Z/
    Cuyahoga-Lake-Geauga-Ashtabula Inland-Ashtabula Lakeshore-
    Northern Erie-Southern Erie-Crawford-
    Including the cities of Cleveland, Mentor, Chardon, Jefferson,
    Ashtabula, Erie, Edinboro, and Meadville
    404 AM EDT Sun Mar 12 2017

    ...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
    WEDNESDAY EVENING...

    The National Weather Service in Cleveland has issued a Winter
    Storm Watch, which is in effect from Monday afternoon through
    Wednesday evening.

    * Accumulations/Timing...6 to 10 inches of snow late Monday
    afternoon through Tuesday afternoon, with additional lake-
    effect snow possible Tuesday night through Wednesday.

    * IMPACTS...Heavy snow could produce very difficult driving
    conditions with very poor visibility and snow covered roads.

    * Winds...North 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.

    * Visibilities...As low as a quarter of a mile at times.

    * Temperatures...In the 20s.

    PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

    A Winter Storm Watch is issued when there is a potential for
    significant snow...sleet...or ice accumulations that may impact
    travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecast and prepare for
    possible warnings.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    38,699

    @gold sunrise

    You are now under a Winter Storm Warning

    Name:  mapserver.fcgi.png
Views: 137
Size:  93.9 KB

    Lorain-Cuyahoga-Lake-Geauga-Ashtabula Inland-Ashtabula Lakeshore-
    Northern Erie-Southern Erie-Crawford-
    Including the cities of Lorain, Cleveland, Mentor, Chardon,
    Jefferson, Ashtabula, Erie, Edinboro, and Meadville
    1046 PM EDT Sun Mar 12 2017

    ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM MONDAY TO 8 PM EDT
    WEDNESDAY...

    The National Weather Service in Cleveland has issued a Winter
    Storm Warning for heavy snow, which is in effect from 5 PM Monday
    to 8 PM EDT Wednesday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in
    effect.

    * Accumulations...6 to 10 inches of snow from Monday evening
    through Tuesday afternoon, with additional lake effect snow
    continuing at times through Wednesday.

    * Timing...Snow will begin Monday afternoon and increase
    in intensity Monday night into Tuesday morning. Occasional snow
    showers will continue Tuesday night and Wednesday.

    * Impacts...Difficult driving conditions with reduced
    visibility and snow covered roads.

    * Winds...Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph Monday night becoming north
    15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph on Tuesday.

    * Temperatures...In the 20s.

    PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

    A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow is issued when severe
    winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant
    amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only
    travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra
    flashlight...food...and water in your vehicle in case of an
    emergency.

  3. #3
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    51,150

    Quote Originally Posted by nWo View Post
    @gold sunrise

    You are now under a Winter Storm Warning

    Name:  mapserver.fcgi.png
Views: 137
Size:  93.9 KB

    Lorain-Cuyahoga-Lake-Geauga-Ashtabula Inland-Ashtabula Lakeshore-
    Northern Erie-Southern Erie-Crawford-
    Including the cities of Lorain, Cleveland, Mentor, Chardon,
    Jefferson, Ashtabula, Erie, Edinboro, and Meadville
    1046 PM EDT Sun Mar 12 2017

    ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM MONDAY TO 8 PM EDT
    WEDNESDAY...

    The National Weather Service in Cleveland has issued a Winter
    Storm Warning for heavy snow, which is in effect from 5 PM Monday
    to 8 PM EDT Wednesday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in
    effect.

    * Accumulations...6 to 10 inches of snow from Monday evening
    through Tuesday afternoon, with additional lake effect snow
    continuing at times through Wednesday.

    * Timing...Snow will begin Monday afternoon and increase
    in intensity Monday night into Tuesday morning. Occasional snow
    showers will continue Tuesday night and Wednesday.

    * Impacts...Difficult driving conditions with reduced
    visibility and snow covered roads.

    * Winds...Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph Monday night becoming north
    15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph on Tuesday.

    * Temperatures...In the 20s.

    PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

    A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow is issued when severe
    winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant
    amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only
    travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra
    flashlight...food...and water in your vehicle in case of an
    emergency.
    Thanks I think.


    10 inches is not what I want to drive in. What usually takes me 30 minutes to drive to Cleveland clinic will most likely take a hour or more.

    What is so bad up here is the wind. It just cuts right through you.

    NWo. What will weather be like Saturday .We will be coming home and would like to know what to look forward to in the weather.

  4. #4
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    38,699

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    Thanks I think.


    10 inches is not what I want to drive in. What usually takes me 30 minutes to drive to Cleveland clinic will most likely take a hour or more.

    What is so bad up here is the wind. It just cuts right through you.

    NWo. What will weather be like Saturday .We will be coming home and would like to know what to look forward to in the weather.
    right now temps in the low to mid 30s. Little or no chance of precipitation. Temps look to in the upper 40s to low 50s in Winchester by Saturday afternoon.

  5. #5
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    51,150

    Quote Originally Posted by nWo View Post
    right now temps in the low to mid 30s. Little or no chance of precipitation. Temps look to in the upper 40s to low 50s in Winchester by Saturday afternoon.

    Sounds great to me for driving home. It is snowing hard here now. We will most likely get close to the 10 inches predicted. But that is normal for Cleveland. Be so glad to finally get to go home.

  6. #6
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    38,699

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    Sounds great to me for driving home. It is snowing hard here now. We will most likely get close to the 10 inches predicted. But that is normal for Cleveland. Be so glad to finally get to go home.
    I'll be watching it for you. Be safe and stay warm.

  7. #7
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    51,150

    Quote Originally Posted by nWo View Post
    I'll be watching it for you. Be safe and stay warm.
    Thanks my friend.

  8. #8
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    38,699

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    Thanks my friend.
    You're welcome my friend.

  9. #9
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    51,150

    We have about 3 inches so far a drive still snowing.

  10. #10
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    38,699

    @gold sunrise

    Here is what it looks like for your drive home today.

    7 am EDT temps in the mid 30s maybe some scattered showers.

    11 am EDT temps in the low 40s scattered showers.

    3 pm temps in the mid 40s (light snow possible in the Cleveland area temps low to mid 30s). Scattered showers all the way to NKY.

  11. #11
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    51,150

    Quote Originally Posted by nWo View Post
    @gold sunrise

    Here is what it looks like for your drive home today.

    7 am EDT temps in the mid 30s maybe some scattered showers.

    11 am EDT temps in the low 40s scattered showers.

    3 pm temps in the mid 40s (light snow possible in the Cleveland area temps low to mid 30s). Scattered showers all the way to NKY.
    Thanks.

    Snow when we left and rain mostly the rest of the way. Soooo glad to finally be back in KY.
    We go back next Sunday. He has Dr's apts on Monday, then come home after apts.

  12. #12
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    38,699

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    Thanks.

    Snow when we left and rain mostly the rest of the way. Soooo glad to finally be back in KY.
    We go back next Sunday. He has Dr's apts on Monday, then come home after apts.
    I'm glad you both made it home ok.
    Right now look for morning temps on Sunday to be in the low to mid 50s with a chance of showers. In around the Cleveland area morning temps in the low to mid 30s and the highs in the mid 30s. With little or no rain chance.

  13. #13
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    51,150

    Quote Originally Posted by nWo View Post
    I'm glad you both made it home ok.
    Right now look for morning temps on Sunday to be in the low to mid 50s with a chance of showers. In around the Cleveland area morning temps in the low to mid 30s and the highs in the mid 30s. With little or no rain chance.
    Thanks so much.

Top