Favorite KY Bourbons

Page 22 of I picked up a bottle of Fighting "Rooster". I like it for the price and it's nice on a cold day. Advertisement Last edited by Colonels_Wear_... 358 comments | 22359 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #316

    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    213

    Just got back from Pennsylvania and saw eagle rare for $27. Normally about $30 here in NKY when you find it. Bought a bottle of Henry McKenna bottled in bond 100 proof that is hard to find here also. Nice choice since it is also a single barrel. Can't beat that for the price of $28. Didn't see any other bourbons up there that aren't also here. Surprisingly didn't see any Barton, but plenty of Buffalo Trace.
    Advertisement

  2. #317
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    35,409

    Quote Originally Posted by ukcatfan17 View Post
    Just got back from Pennsylvania and saw eagle rare for $27. Normally about $30 here in NKY when you find it. Bought a bottle of Henry McKenna bottled in bond 100 proof that is hard to find here also. Nice choice since it is also a single barrel. Can't beat that for the price of $28. Didn't see any other bourbons up there that aren't also here. Surprisingly didn't see any Barton, but plenty of Buffalo Trace.
    Buffalo Trace used to distribute 80% of its product within Kentucky, and the remainder was left to distribute outside of the commonwealth. 2 or 3 years ago they decided to reverse that, so 20% is distributed in Kentucky and 80% is distributed elsewhere. Makes for less availability and increased prices on Buffalo Trace products in Kentucky, and helps "spread the word" about their product outside state lines. It also means oftentimes it can be found cheaper when you're not in Kentucky.

  3. #318

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    277

    I'm sipping on a bottle of Old Bardstown Estate Bottled tonight. I'll have to say this is definitely one of the better $25 bottles of bourbon out there.

  4. #319

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    the Indo
    Posts
    9,723

    I had a glass of Weller Antique tonight.

  5. #320

    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    213

    Quote Originally Posted by PutMeInCoach View Post
    I had a glass of Weller Antique tonight.
    Discovered a bottle of Boondocks American Whisky at Kroger last night. Normally. (Over)priced at Kroger for $50 and on clearance for $25. Typical retail is $40 at most places so still a pretty good deal. Seems to have great reviews. It's not a bourbon because it is aged in used bourbon barrels for 11 years but it is corn heavy. I guess it's sourced out as new make from different distilleries and aged in ky. The company is run by a former woodford master distiller. Taste profile is a lot of vanilla and marshmallow...can't wait to try it tonight.

  6. #321
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Ville
    Posts
    50,467

    Woodford Double Oaked is fantastic. That will be my go-to for a while.

  7. #322

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    277

    Had some 2015 Michters 10 Year, Michters Toasted Barrel Finish, and Angel's Envy tonight. The 10 Year was amazing

    Got some bourbon loving neighbors. I moved into the right place!

  8. #323

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,497

    Bought bottle of New Riff, pleasantly surprised. Definitely enjoy it.

  9. #324
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    34,544

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYknowitall View Post
    Bought bottle of New Riff, pleasantly surprised. Definitely enjoy it.
    How much for a 750ml? Is it 4, 6, 7 years?

  10. #325

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,497

    Quote Originally Posted by NEERFAN View Post
    How much for a 750ml? Is it 4, 6, 7 years?
    4 years, the label says Distilled Fall 2014. It ran $40. It’s a really neat looking bottle too I might add.

  11. #326
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    34,544

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYknowitall View Post
    4 years, the label says Distilled Fall 2014. It ran $40. It’s a really neat looking bottle too I might add.
    I'll probably OKBB for a pour.

  12. #327

    Join Date
    Sep 17
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    213

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYknowitall View Post
    4 years, the label says Distilled Fall 2014. It ran $40. It’s a really neat looking bottle too I might add.
    Reserve the $10 tour and they give you a token good for $10 off your purchase in the gift shop....including their very good high rye bourbon.

  13. #328

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,497

    Quote Originally Posted by ukcatfan17 View Post
    Reserve the $10 tour and they give you a token good for $10 off your purchase in the gift shop....including their very good high rye bourbon.
    Might have to do that just to get another bottle.

  14. #329
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    53,917

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYknowitall View Post
    4 years, the label says Distilled Fall 2014. It ran $40. It’s a really neat looking bottle too I might add.
    Intriguing. They have an entry in the KBF program this year for the first time, so I'm interested in trying their stuff in a couple weeks at the bourbon sampler.

  15. #330
    I gotta go to work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    1,975

    My bourbon shelf currently has Buffalo Trace, Ancient Age, and Jim Beam. Finished off Four Roses Single Barrel recently.

Top