Disney World-- What To Do/What Not To Do

Page 7 of I've been going to Disney every year with my family for basically the past 20 years. My parents bought a DVC membership in 2001 and just bought our 2nd... 102 comments | 1936 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #91
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    4,354

    Quote Originally Posted by dallaslaredo View Post
    ^^^THIS. Finally, a fellow efficient ear head who knew how to work the old system. I did the same thing may times.
    Everyone knew how to game the old system. That was the problem. You aren't special because you were doing what everyone else was doing as well. I remember mothers elbowing people out of the way to get fastpasses for their families. But yes just keep preaching how the old system was better and more efficient. Nothing can possibly be more efficient than planning ahead of time. Make up your mind. You can't be efficient and spontaneous at the same time.
    Advertisement

  2. #92
    lawildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    16,785

    Happiest place on earth?! I think not. Look what it's doing to BGP!

  3. #93

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Thank-you for not discussing Highlands football
    Posts
    740

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    Everyone knew how to game the old system. That was the problem. You aren't special because you were doing what everyone else was doing as well. I remember mothers elbowing people out of the way to get fastpasses for their families. But yes just keep preaching how the old system was better and more efficient. Nothing can possibly be more efficient than planning ahead of time. Make up your mind. You can't be efficient and spontaneous at the same time.
    Anything that s l o w s you down and makes you spread out your attractions, and thus lengthens your stay, is inherently inefficient. Disney is a casino, the longer you stay in the park and on the grounds, the more money they can take from you. Thus the FP+ speedbumps that limit you from selecting all the main attractions on 1 day.

    and actually, I'm quite special. Just ask me.

  4. #94
    Oldbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    Fort Thomas, KY
    Posts
    24,084

    Quote Originally Posted by Iam4thecats View Post
    The first soarin was just walk in as the park was open. The rest was fast pass wizardry by the missus.
    Any day you can get that many fast passes with the old system, then you will be fine under the new system too.

  5. #95

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,676

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldbird View Post
    Any day you can get that many fast passes with the old system, then you will be fine under the new system too.
    Um, I have been back and I have tried it. You are wrong. The computer spaces them out to far. The pros cannot game the system anymore like we used to. Period. You might as well not respond.

  6. #96
    Oldbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    Fort Thomas, KY
    Posts
    24,084

    Quote Originally Posted by dallaslaredo View Post
    I'm 100% sure about my post.... you may want to look into why your post is making you look like you haven't ever been to Disney under the FP+ system.
    You asked how you could ride 2 top attractions in one day under the new system - I told you how you could do 3. Your lack of familiarity with the new system leads me to believe you have no clue what you are talking about.

    If you need to know I was at Disney last month and have been a very frequent quest over the past 20 years. I know how the FP system has worked and how it works in its current form.

  7. #97
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    4,354

    Quote Originally Posted by dallaslaredo View Post
    Anything that s l o w s you down and makes you spread out your attractions, and thus lengthens your stay, is inherently inefficient. Disney is a casino, the longer you stay in the park and on the grounds, the more money they can take from you. Thus the FP+ speedbumps that limit you from selecting all the main attractions on 1 day.

    and actually, I'm quite special. Just ask me.
    You could only have 1 at a time before. Now you can have 3 a day planned out months ahead of time. I promise you it doesn't slow you down. I've been there 6 times now since the new FP+ system went into place. You can believe whatever you want. You're right Disney is doing everything they can to get you to spend more money there. THATS KIND OF THE POINT! They're a business after all. But the new FP+ is based solely on efficiency not profit making.

  8. #98
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    4,354

    Another key perk of the new system is you can pick your time. Before you were at the discretion of the 50 minute time slot. If that time didn't fit your schedule you were out of luck.

  9. #99
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    12,987

    The new fastpass stuff evens it up for everyone.

    Heck if a person is that hard up wanting to cheat the system, go rent a wheelchair and tell them your hurt and you go to the fast line with your whole family. And don't think it's not done either.

  10. #100
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    4,354

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    The new fastpass stuff evens it up for everyone.

    Heck if a person is that hard up wanting to cheat the system, go rent a wheelchair and tell them your hurt and you go to the fast line with your whole family. And don't think it's not done either.
    I forget the specific details, but I remember reading about this couple that paid a kid they knew from back home like $100/ day to sit in a wheelchair for them at Disney. People are nuts.

  11. #101
    hoops5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Posts
    15,135

    We went over Christmas. Stayed at the Carribean Beach resort. The fast passes were amazing. Will also offer this up---if you have someone in your party that has some kind of medical issue preventing them from waiting in a long line for hours, get a copy of the medical diagnosis from your doctor. We did this. Then at each park we went to guest services with the paperwork, allowing us to get a couple additional fast passes for the family each day.
    (I have 2 sons that are insulin dependent T1D.)

  12. #102
    kygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    NE KY- Its the engine not the horn that makes the car move.
    Posts
    3,846

    For those who plan on going to WDW later this year Pandora opens 5/27. This looks amazing Pandora: World of Avatar at Animal Kingdom | Walt Disney World Resort

  13. #103
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    4,354

    What It Really Costs to Go to Walt Disney World
    Pretty decent write up for those looking for a realistic price estimate for Disney World. It gives 4 different price estimates: (Average, Cheaper, Low End, and Deluxe)

Top