Did anyone else "cash in" on Cyber Monday?

  1. #1
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,558

    Did anyone else "cash in" on Cyber Monday?

    I assume I am like a lot of us when I say I like to window shop online and play the what if game.

    So I have had my eye on a couple of things I really want but are much too expensive to justify so it has been window shopping as usual. Fast Forward to Cyber Monday, my email box lit up with everyone I have purchased from and one of the items on my wish list was more than $100 off so I pulled the trigger.

    Name:  g.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  41.8 KB

    That is a stock picture of my new Spyder Stryke Jacket.

    Normally $179.00 but on Cyber Monday sale for $62.65.

    The g cashed in!

    Did anyone else "cash in" on Cyber Monday?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,742

    That's pretty sharp, G. You should give that as a prize to the College Football Pick Em season champion.

    I didn't get anything on Cyber Monday.

  3. #3
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,709

    I rarely find any deals that are really all that great.

  4. #4
    Beechwoodfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    5,824

    I love Cyber Monday! My kids send me links of things they want and many of those things were 1/2 off. Such an easy way to shop too!

  5. #5
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,558

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    That's pretty sharp, G. You should give that as a prize to the College Football Pick Em season champion.

    I didn't get anything on Cyber Monday.
    Too bad on not getting anything.

    I have what has been described as a "stupid comfortable" hoodie for that one.

  6. #6
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,558

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I rarely find any deals that are really all that great.
    I know what you mean, but this Spyder deal rocked.

  7. #7
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,558

    Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoodfan View Post
    I love Cyber Monday! My kids send me links of things they want and many of those things were 1/2 off. Such an easy way to shop too!
    I love it too because of the targeted deals I get from the companies I like.

    You nailed it, so easy.

  8. #8
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,221

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I assume I am like a lot of us when I say I like to window shop online and play the what if game.

    So I have had my eye on a couple of things I really want but are much too expensive to justify so it has been window shopping as usual. Fast Forward to Cyber Monday, my email box lit up with everyone I have purchased from and one of the items on my wish list was more than $100 off so I pulled the trigger.

    Name:  g.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  41.8 KB

    That is a stock picture of my new Spyder Stryke Jacket.

    Normally $179.00 but on Cyber Monday sale for $62.65.

    The g cashed in!

    Did anyone else "cash in" on Cyber Monday?
    If you don't like the way it fits when it shows up you just return it?

  9. #9
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,558

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    If you don't like the way it fits when it shows up you just return it?
    In this case all sales are final.

    But, I already have one so I am liking my chances.

    Oh, and I grabbed a hat and a pair of socks too.

  10. #10
    WESTSIDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    657

    I prefer to wait and pay full price for items, or at least that is what I do every year for some reason.

  11. #11
    Beechwoodfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    5,824

    I learned the hard way to only deal with sites I know, especially on Cyber Monday. Macy’s and Kohls offered great deals and you can return/exchange in store or by mail (and often use coupons for extra savings).

    Last month, I stupidly ordered a pair of boots that kept popping up on an ad on a game I played. Took 3 1/2 weeks to deliver. They originated from China and apparently were transported by donkey when they hit the US. They were an awful quality and I wanted to return them. I found their site has an impossible return policy. I contacted them by email and was told, “sorry I did not qualify for a refund.” Checked out the site and found it was less than six months old and did not use a secure website. Basically a rip off.
    I am so disappointed in myself because it was the first time I ever fell for pop up ads (but I really liked the look of the boots).
    So...YES to Cyber Monday but only use sites/merchants you know.

  12. #12
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,558

    Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoodfan View Post
    I learned the hard way to only deal with sites I know, especially on Cyber Monday. Macy’s and Kohls offered great deals and you can return/exchange in store or by mail (and often use coupons for extra savings).

    Last month, I stupidly ordered a pair of boots that kept popping up on an ad on a game I played. Took 3 1/2 weeks to deliver. They originated from China and apparently were transported by donkey when they hit the US. They were an awful quality and I wanted to return them. I found their site has an impossible return policy. I contacted them by email and was told, “sorry I did not qualify for a refund.” Checked out the site and found it was less than six months old and did not use a secure website. Basically a rip off.
    I am so disappointed in myself because it was the first time I ever fell for pop up ads (but I really liked the look of the boots).
    So...YES to Cyber Monday but only use sites/merchants you know.
    I agree and I am cautious not to get too far off the beaten path when doing any type of transactions online and yes I ordered something from China once, it was junk.

  13. #13
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,402

    We bought some ancestry kits that were reduced by quite a bit.

  14. #14
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,558

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    We bought some ancestry kits that were reduced by quite a bit.
    Which company are you going with?

  15. #15
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,402

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Which company are you going with?
    23 And Me.

Top