Did anyone else "cash in" on Cyber Monday?

Page 2 of I assume I am like a lot of us when I say I like to window shop online and play the what if game. So I have had my eye on a couple of things I really w... 20 comments | 664 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Beechwoodfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    5,824

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    23 And Me.
    I have been interested in doing that too. May I ask why you chose that over Ancestry?
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    WESTSIDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    657

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I assume I am like a lot of us when I say I like to window shop online and play the what if game.

    So I have had my eye on a couple of things I really want but are much too expensive to justify so it has been window shopping as usual. Fast Forward to Cyber Monday, my email box lit up with everyone I have purchased from and one of the items on my wish list was more than $100 off so I pulled the trigger.

    Attachment 67591

    That is a stock picture of my new Spyder Stryke Jacket.

    Normally $179.00 but on Cyber Monday sale for $62.65.

    The g cashed in!

    Did anyone else "cash in" on Cyber Monday?
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but now that I look at the pic of your jacket more closely I see why you got such a good deal. If you look closely, the name spider is misspelled. They spelled it with a y instead of an i. That might be why all sells were final as well. Lol! You have to be careful when you buy things online. It's still a nice jacket though. Maybe no one will notice.

  3. #18
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,558

    Quote Originally Posted by WESTSIDE View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but now that I look at the pic of your jacket more closely I see why you got such a good deal. If you look closely, the name spider is misspelled. They spelled it with a y instead of an i. That might be why all sells were final as well. Lol! You have to be careful when you buy things online. It's still a nice jacket though. Maybe no one will notice.
    Trust me, everyone is going to notice!

    And would you believe they spelled Spyder® wrong on their own site too:

    Spyder(R) Official Website | Shop Active Sports Gear | spyder.com

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    10,865

    I'm sure my wife did that I'm not currently aware of.
    I picked up a few Powernets for my baseball teams. At 30% off, I've never seen them priced that low.

  5. #20
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,402

    Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoodfan View Post
    I have been interested in doing that too. May I ask why you chose that over Ancestry?
    No specific reason. My wife was bought a 23 and Me kit months back, so we did the same as they were on sale at Target.

  6. #21
    Beechwoodfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    5,824

    Quote Originally Posted by WESTSIDE View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but now that I look at the pic of your jacket more closely I see why you got such a good deal. If you look closely, the name spider is misspelled. They spelled it with a y instead of an i. That might be why all sells were final as well. Lol! You have to be careful when you buy things online. It's still a nice jacket though. Maybe no one will notice.
    Makes me feel a little better about my boots.

Top