Congratulations JOKER !!!

Page 2 of Originally Posted by gold sunrise So proud of you Joker!!! Will you be coming back to Ky to practice? Not for awhile I'd say. License is only good for ... 35 comments | 1072 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    The Bat Cave
    Posts
    21,409

    Congrats Buddy!!!
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    60,627

    Good job, Joker.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,018

    Quote Originally Posted by Watusi View Post
    Congrats Joker. Go celebrate, hard.
    Hahaha... don't tempt me.

    I'm in between jobs for the next two weeks, so I've been tutoring. My night is actually going to be a night of full sleep. I've been to an orientation today, had an interview yesterday, and tutored three different times in the last two days as well. Some time with a pillow and HBOGO is in order.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,018

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    That's a great weight to have off of your shoulders. Congrats!

    You are telling me.

    Texas' Bar is a bear. Three days and the first day is an MPT, Civ Pro & Evidence, and Crim Pro and Evidence. They get you nice and wore down before you go up against the national scale the next day for the MBE when everyone else is on their first. All or nothing, so retakes are the full thing.

    I'm just glad I'll probably never have to take a Bar Exam again if I wait 5 years or so.

  5. #20
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,117

    So proud of you Joker!!! Will you be coming back to Ky to practice?

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,018

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    So proud of you Joker!!! Will you be coming back to Ky to practice?
    Not for awhile I'd say. License is only good for Texas, but can get a reciprocal without having to take the Kentucky Bar after 5 years I think. If I did it before then, I think I'd have to take one day of Kentucky's testing for the stuff that's just State specific, but I'm not trying at all to sign up for any more bubble sheets. Have a job lined up at an Oil and Gas place down here and am probably one of the only people on the site who might not be bothered if the price at the pumps crept back up a little.

  7. #22
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,409

    Congrats, Joker! Best wishes for a long, successful career!

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,357

    Quote Originally Posted by JokersWild24 View Post
    You are telling me.

    Texas' Bar is a bear. Three days and the first day is an MPT, Civ Pro & Evidence, and Crim Pro and Evidence. They get you nice and wore down before you go up against the national scale the next day for the MBE when everyone else is on their first. All or nothing, so retakes are the full thing.

    I'm just glad I'll probably never have to take a Bar Exam again if I wait 5 years or so.
    That is how Ohio does theirs. Tues: 6 essays AM/2MPT PM; Wed: MBE & MBE; Thurs: 6 essays in the AM and then you get to worry for 2 mos until they release scores.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,357

    Quote Originally Posted by JokersWild24 View Post
    Not for awhile I'd say. License is only good for Texas, but can get a reciprocal without having to take the Kentucky Bar after 5 years I think. If I did it before then, I think I'd have to take one day of Kentucky's testing for the stuff that's just State specific, but I'm not trying at all to sign up for any more bubble sheets. Have a job lined up at an Oil and Gas place down here and am probably one of the only people on the site who might not be bothered if the price at the pumps crept back up a little.
    No bubble sheets in KY. 1 day of straight essay, and to be honest, it is easy.

  10. #25
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    I've a seat by the fire, so I shan't move.
    Posts
    22,766

    Quote Originally Posted by JokersWild24 View Post
    Hahaha... don't tempt me.

    I'm in between jobs for the next two weeks, so I've been tutoring. My night is actually going to be a night of full sleep. I've been to an orientation today, had an interview yesterday, and tutored three different times in the last two days as well. Some time with a pillow and HBOGO is in order.
    The night after I actually took the test was the night I went crazy. After the month leading up to it, I was ready to get nuts.

    The night after I found out I passed sounds a lot like yours.

  11. #26
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    I've a seat by the fire, so I shan't move.
    Posts
    22,766

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    No bubble sheets in KY. 1 day of straight essay, and to be honest, it is easy.
    Agreed. Anyone I know who didn't pass the first time got stuck on the MBE, not on the KY essays.

  12. #27
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,231

    Congratulations Joker!!!
    you'll have a great career.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,018

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    That is how Ohio does theirs. Tues: 6 essays AM/2MPT PM; Wed: MBE & MBE; Thurs: 6 essays in the AM and then you get to worry for 2 mos until they release scores.
    Try 4 here. You almost forget about it for a day or two at a time.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,018

    Quote Originally Posted by Getslow View Post
    Agreed. Anyone I know who didn't pass the first time got stuck on the MBE, not on the KY essays.
    MPT killed me here. MBE was actually my highest.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,018

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    No bubble sheets in KY. 1 day of straight essay, and to be honest, it is easy.
    Doesn't sound bad at all. How many subjects and do the topics rotate? We have a few static each year and then a few that rotate between various topics (Trusts/Guardianships, etc.). Studying is kind of a game of roulette.

Top