Cash-less Businesses

Page 7 of Has anyone come across a business that no longer accepts cash? I... 98 comments | 2064 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #91

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    False. Once a debit card is blocked, there is no more link to the bank account.
    From the card correct, but if they have your bank account info, they can continue to ping it with charges.
    Advertisement

  2. #92
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    66,280

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    What if it’s winter time and you can’t put your arms down to fight? Call Ralphie for backup?
    They'll have to get through the snowsuit, and that's borderline impossible.

  3. #93
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    51,605

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    From the card correct, but if they have your bank account info, they can continue to ping it with charges.
    No, they don't. You cannot access someones funds using a debit card that has been blocked, period.

  4. #94
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    3,794

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    No, they don't. You cannot access someones funds using a debit card that has been blocked, period.
    I'm going to assume he means using the card, before it's blocked, to gather the account info. I'm not sure how one would go about doing such a thing, but I'd imagine there's a way for the determined thief.

  5. #95
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    51,605

    Quote Originally Posted by SnottieDrippen View Post
    I'm going to assume he means using the card, before it's blocked, to gather the account info. I'm not sure how one would go about doing such a thing, but I'd imagine there's a way for the determined thief.
    You still can't do that. Anywhere the account number would be printed it would be abbreviated.

  6. #96
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    3,794

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    You still can't do that. Anywhere the account number would be printed it would be abbreviated.
    That was my thought too.

  7. #97
    SnottieDrippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 15
    Location
    Temecula
    Posts
    3,794

    I don't really notice a difference in how long it takes to pay unless I'm asking for $20 on pump whatever.

  8. #98
    Beechwoodfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    5,756

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    I know valet places are now using an app that you download and can pay and add a tip electronically. It’s way easier.
    Maybe for you, you whipper snapper!

    Seriously though, the young folks I know who work in the tip industry tell me that they prefer tips in cash regardless of how you pay the bill. That way they are not taxed for their tips, or at least they can fudge a bit more. Dont you tip the valet as well as pay the charge?

    Can’t we keep a few bucks out for tips or the poor kids selling candy bars for their school at the grocery store?

    I would really hate to be totally cashless, but I realize that is one more dinosaur scale I am growing!

  9. #99
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    12,384

    Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoodfan View Post
    Maybe for you, you whipper snapper!

    Seriously though, the young folks I know who work in the tip industry tell me that they prefer tips in cash regardless of how you pay the bill. That way they are not taxed for their tips, or at least they can fudge a bit more. Dont you tip the valet as well as pay the charge?

    Can’t we keep a few bucks out for tips or the poor kids selling candy bars for their school at the grocery store?

    I would really hate to be totally cashless, but I realize that is one more dinosaur scale I am growing!
    I agree. If for some reason or another I do have cash on me I tip with cash because it’s not taxed. But as someone who doesn’t carry a lot of cash it’s easier for me just to add a tip on my card. I’m a generous tipper so I don’t feel too bad about it.

Top